Picking a Plasma: Panasonic TH-P50ST50D or Samsung PS51E8000

It is wise to read all reviews so that one knows what exactly to look for. But finally it is always best to rely on own sight. :)

Alright folks it's decision time and I need your help. After checking with multiple dealers in Jamshedpur, this is the best local deal we can get on the following models:

1) Panasonic 50ST50 - 97K for TV only or 1.01 Lakhs with Printer offer
2) Panasonic 50GT50 - 1.16L for TV only or 1.20 Lakhs with Printer offer.
3) Samsung 51ES8000 - 80K for TV only or 95K with Free TAB offer.

Now, the GT50 is out of my budget at Rs. 1.16 Lakhs - If it were available for 1 Lakh, I would have picked it up and the chapter would be closed (Too bad the infibeam deal at 97K is out of stock!)

I know that the Samsung dealer is over charging me by at least 7K to 10K but he refuses to sell below the 95K MRP.

So the question now is - which one of these less than lucrative deals do I take? Honestly, I don't care about any of the freebies since I already have a couple of iPads at home as well as a really good HP Color MF Laser printer.

Infibeam is also offering the ST50 at 94K (With free printer) and the 51ES8000 (With Free TAB) at 88K so, this also adds to the confusion.

So Local or Infibeam and more importantly, which TV and at what price?

If the ST50 and ES8000 were competitively priced, I would have bought the ST50 eyes shut, but a 18K local premium shifts the choice in favor of the Samsung (Or so I think).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
V

Have you run demos? The E8000 may be as good as or even better than ST50.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Alright folks it's decision time and I need your help. After checking with multiple dealers in Jamshedpur, this is the best local deal we can get on the following models:

1) Panasonic 50ST50 - 97K for TV only or 1.01 Lakhs with Printer offer
2) Panasonic 50GT50 - 1.16L for TV only or 1.20 Lakhs with Printer offer.
3) Samsung 51ES8000 - 80K for TV only or 95K with Free TAB offer.

Now, the GT50 is out of my budget at Rs. 1.16 Lakhs - If it were available for 1 Lakh, I would have picked it up and the chapter would be closed (Too bad the infibeam deal at 97K is out of stock!)

I know that the Samsung dealer is over charging me by at least 7K to 10K but he refuses to sell below the 95K MRP.

So the question now is - which one of these less than lucrative deals do I take? Honestly, I don't care about any of the freebies since I already have a couple of iPads at home as well as a really good HP Color MF Laser printer.

Infibeam is also offering the ST50 at 94K (With free printer) and the 51ES8000 (With Free TAB) at 88K so, this also adds to the confusion.

So Local or Infibeam and more importantly, which TV and at what price?

If the ST50 and ES8000 were competitively priced, I would have bought the ST50 eyes shut, but a 18K local premium shifts the choice in favor of the Samsung (Or so I think).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
V

I have purchased this 51E8000 on 20th Oct 2012.

You can check this for some more information.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/30412-owner-expert-view-samy-51e8000-11.html#post432209

Have you run demos? The E8000 may be as good as or even better than ST50.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I did not since I have not had much time but my parents did and they really could not tell the difference between either but if they had to pick one, they liked the colors of the ST50 better.

However, I am not sure whether the Panasonic is worth the premium especially at the local prices.

I have purchased this 51E8000 on 20th Oct 2012.

Saw your review. Thanks. It looks good - I am leaning more towards the Samsung myself - just wished the dealer would budge on the price!

Last edited:
It's IR of the Panasonics versus the chance of the Samsung going kaput within a couple of years. Tough choice and now I have analysis-paralysis between ST50/GT50 and E8000. Samsung is definitely value for money. Panasonics will have slightly better picture quality.

Yeah. I have been watching SD/HD content since the last to days and I am pleasantly surprised that the e8000 is so good. Maybe the Panasonic will be a bit better in blacks but the current price and offer on e8000 cannot be matched. And I don't think the SD content on Pana will look as good as Samsung.

Hey guys ... got my tab2 today fron samsubg from my purchase of E8000 .... selling it for 15k .... no shipping ... u have to pick it from me in mumbai ... let me kw if interested ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Are the 70K deals really out there? Or should I pay the 80K - I just feel bad that I am being sorta fleeced into paying MRP here - and mind you, I have bought my last 5 TVs from this guy over the years. I can't wait for big box retailers like Walmart to setup shop and screw these small local dealers over. If my loyalty is not rewarded, I am just going to the lowest price in town! Rant over - sorry.

as far i have chechked 51e8000 is going at 95k... at most of the places... not a penny less.. but they do accept galaxy tab 2 offer. as far as local dealers, not a lot of them are dealing with plasmas.. u can maximum get a quote arnd 92-93k

as far i have chechked 51e8000 is going at 95k... at most of the places... not a penny less.. but they do accept galaxy tab 2 offer. as far as local dealers, not a lot of them are dealing with plasmas.. u can maximum get a quote arnd 92-93k

85k in mumbai if any one wants ...

Samsung doesn't provide extended warranty on plasma..only provide ex-warranty on led-lcds..
LCD,LED,WSM_1.jpg

There is warranty for plasma upto 3 additional years ... i just took one for around 15k for 3 years for my 51"

There is warranty for plasma upto 3 additional years ... i just took one for around 15k for 3 years for my 51"

hi cyberraj

there is no mention of plasma on that ad . just lcd and led .
what if samsung , in future refuses to honor warranty on this ground ?

this ad im talking about

LCD,LED,WSM_1.jpg

no mention of plasma ... just lcd , led and washing machine .

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back