Picking a Plasma: Panasonic TH-P50ST50D or Samsung PS51E8000

this ad im talking about

LCD,LED,WSM_1.jpg

no mention of plasma ... just lcd , led and washing machine .

Hi,

Am aware of this advert ... when the engineer came to install the plasma, he gave me an addiotional sheet showing warranty options for plasma ...

As for not honoring that is a bit far fetched as u sign a contract with them ... so no issues there ... but, i would suggest everyone take the warranty knowing the nature of these hiend tvs failing ... and there is a possibikity of them withdrawing the warranty in future if they do face lots of problems wih 8000 series ...

Gud luk ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Are the 70K deals really out there? Or should I pay the 80K - I just feel bad that I am being sorta fleeced into paying MRP here - and mind you, I have bought my last 5 TVs from this guy over the years. I can't wait for big box retailers like Walmart to setup shop and screw these small local dealers over. If my loyalty is not rewarded, I am just going to the lowest price in town! Rant over - sorry.

hi vcash

see this thread

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals...ffering-5k-discount-high-end-samsung-tvs.html

you can save 5k this way .
why dont you take the print out of infibeam offer to the deal and tell him to match the price or else you gonna buy online
maybe this approach work .

Hi,

Am aware of this advert ... when the engineer came to install the plasma, he gave me an addiotional sheet showing warranty options for plasma ...

As for not honoring that is a bit far fetched as u sign a contract with them ... so no issues there ... but, i would suggest everyone take the warranty knowing the nature of these hiend tvs failing ... and there is a possibikity of them withdrawing the warranty in future if they do face lots of problems wih 8000 series ...

Gud luk ...

if you have signed a contract with samsung people then i dont think they can withdraw it without your approval first ...

so you got additional 3 years warranty on top of 1 year right ?

and is it same as getting it from bajaj ?

bajaj is quoting about 5k for 2 additional years i guess ,, so its a little cheaper .

if you have signed a contract with samsung people then i dont think they can withdraw it without your approval first ...

so you got additional 3 years warranty on top of 1 year right ?

and is it same as getting it from bajaj ?

bajaj is quoting about 5k for 2 additional years i guess ,, so its a little cheaper .

Bajaj was only panel warranty ... hence didnt opt for dat ... yes 1+3 .... 4 years no tension ....

I just checked out the Samsung 51E8000 at the samsung gallery and then the Panny GT50 and XT the panasonic showroom. The ST50 was not on display but im assuming quality equivalent to the GT. Once i relaxed and checked out the differences between the LED and PLASMA i was excited to note the fantastic picture quality and colours in the Plasma. LEDS are simply bright and put simply overrated. i own a Bravia 40inch LCD EX 500 series presently in the living room and looking to go for a bigger one. I found both the samsung and panasonic plasmas amazing. Still thinking on which one to go for! Let me know what you decide.

Are you aware about the generating of heat of plasma tvs from Samsung? You must check out that first. As far as Panasonic Plasma, my 2 years old 42X20 plasma never generates even 1% heat after even 10 hours of continuous usage. Please check back of the panel when tv is switched on for long time..

By reading reviews over the years baccha!

What is a baccha? is it like a certification that you acquired? you are not making sense here, you have to reply using the forum's only official language(English) otherwise it adds to the irrelevant claims you make.

In real world scenarios the difference will be small. Talking about picture quality here.

Then don't post one liners like a "TV B will have better picture" without giving proper detailed explanation.

16k for 51" plasma

hi cyberraj,

I called up Samsung call center, but they were not aware of this 3 yr extended warranty and mentioning that there is no extended warranty for plasma.
Just wanted to clarify if you have taken Annual maintenance contract (which might not be same as extended warranty but not sure)?
Thought to clarify as even the Samsung plaza and local dealers were all confused about this and no one had clear answer.

Thanks and your response would certainly help prospective buyers.

Bajaj was only panel warranty ... hence didnt opt for dat ... yes 1+3 .... 4 years no tension ....

so to sum it up , after taking out the tab offer
we get 51e8000 for 85k with 4 years warranty .

now , exactly what issues are covered under warranty ?

i heard that warranty doesnt cover burn ins .
what about the buzzing noise ? ( which can come when playing non hd stuff )
and what about panel cracking due to overheating ?

as far i have chechked 51e8000 is going at 95k... at most of the places... not a penny less.. but they do accept galaxy tab 2 offer. as far as local dealers, not a lot of them are dealing with plasmas.. u can maximum get a quote arnd 92-93k

So the 70K deals are just one-offs then?

85k in mumbai if any one wants ...

That's a good deal - Is that with the TAB or without?

hi vcash

see this thread

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals...ffering-5k-discount-high-end-samsung-tvs.html

you can save 5k this way .
why dont you take the print out of infibeam offer to the deal and tell him to match the price or else you gonna buy online
maybe this approach work .

I PM'd FilmGuy but he has not responded yet. And as far as the infibeam deal goes, the dealer said that he does not recommend buying a TV online but if I want to, I can because I cannot match this price.

Such a hassle!

So the 70K deals are just one-offs then?

That's a good deal - Is that with the TAB or without?

I PM'd FilmGuy but he has not responded yet. And as far as the infibeam deal goes, the dealer said that he does not recommend buying a TV online but if I want to, I can because I cannot match this price.

Such a hassle!

85k deal is with tab offer .
and btw its samsung offer , not dealers ...
im sure dealer can match that price or give 5k discount at least .. but maybe hes aware that theres not much stock and he can easily sell his stock at mrp .

85k deal is with tab offer .
and btw its samsung offer , not dealers ...
im sure dealer can match that price or give 5k discount at least .. but maybe hes aware that theres not much stock and he can easily sell his stock at mrp .

This guys owns a Samsung Digital Plaza - So while he's a dealer, he has an exclusive store in Jamshedpur - Checked with some other multibrand dealers and none of them have stock and are not interested in ordering this TV. No COCO stores in Jamshedpur.

85K with Tab is a really good deal - I take it this makes it 70K for a standalone TV - I would close my eyes and pick up the Samsung fore this price if I had the option!

This guys owns a Samsung Digital Plaza - So while he's a dealer, he has an exclusive store in Jamshedpur - Checked with some other multibrand dealers and none of them have stock and are not interested in ordering this TV. No COCO stores in Jamshedpur.

85K with Tab is a really good deal - I take it this makes it 70K for a standalone TV - I would close my eyes and pick up the Samsung fore this price if I had the option!

but you get only 1 year warranty .
if you buy extended warranty , it may cost 10 - 15k more .

Hi,

Gud luk ...

@cyberraj, would you be able to share the extended warranty document? When I spoke to Samsung customer support about a week back CS exec said they dont have extended warranty on plasma's.

What is a baccha? is it like a certification that you acquired? you are not making sense here, you have to reply using the forum's only official language(English) otherwise it adds to the irrelevant claims you make.

Then don't post one liners like a "TV B will have better picture" without giving proper detailed explanation.

For a detailed explanation do your own research don't expect it to be spoon fed to you.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back