Pink Floyd - "The Wall" LP.

john_k_antony

Hi,

Has anyone got the the 2 disc "The Wall" LP of Pink Floyd? I am planning to buy it and would like to know the quality of the pressing. Also does the LP has all the 13 songs on each of them? When I looked at flipkart, they say each LP has got only 10 songs from the album.

Thanks,
John.

"The Wall" (double disc) was not released in India, due to some obscene words in the lyrics. Years later, the CD was released which contain full songs and without break in the tracks (blend between tracks, PF's speciality.) The LP (remastered, high quality) is available through ebay.in from US.
Check points: Breathe intake at the beginning of 'Mother'
Opening of door (and closing) at the beginning of 'one of my turns'

Antony, I was about to open a thread like this, but finally you made it.

There are few recent impressions, but then, my experience in trying out with the LPs of recent impressions bought from flipkart is not up to the mark.

I'm on the look out for the original first cut album, come what, how bad its used.

This album is on my search list, not just WALL, anything from Floyd's., and I would love to keep my bet for any of Floyds LP. : Simon

At the price you are paying for these in India (50USD) would it not be easier to buy a good pressing off EBay/Amazon. Like the listing below may actually work out cheaper for you (and include 2 albums). I have come across sealed reissues for under $20.

Sorry if I am missing something very obvious here....

2 Pink Floyd LP Record Albums - The Wall, Wish You Were Here | eBay

Absolutely right. I've read good reviews of the first UK pressing of the album on other popular forums, but one thing everybody agrees that this 2012 remaster release is very very close contender to the first one than any other previous re-release. I got this one frm Flipkart for 2100rs. on pre-order. My personal experience(I don't have the Uk pressing) this is the best PF release in recent time. Absolutely fantastic. IMHO sound quality wise it easily beats even 2003 DSOM release. Plus it comes with all the tidbits given with original release. So I'll suggest to all the Floyd fans if you don't have the first UK pressing, get this one without any hesitation.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

I have a German pressing of "The Wall", sounds very good to my ears. I have not heard any of the recent pressings.

Dr.Bass has a fantastic Japanese pressing of "The Wall". Recently on a visit to Raindrop Audio in Singapore, I heard his LP on a very high-resolution Analog system (Avid TT with SME V and Zyx Sigma cart, Guru QM40 speakers) and was in awe of how much detail there is present on this LP. The Guru speakers can do bass extremely well and the sound that I heard that day has become my reference for high-res analog audio as well as for that album. Even the owner of the shop was very appreciative of the pressing.

I got the "Dark Side of the Moon" from US and its an amazing pressing. Really love the quality.

Is "The Wall" LP available with flipkart an imported version? or is it an Indian pressing?

The same LP is available with Amazon for $50, same price as in flipkart.

The same LP is available with Amazon.de for 30Euro + shipping. I think that also will workout to the same price as flipkart.

-John.

I got the "Dark Side of the Moon" from US and its an amazing pressing. Really love the quality.

Is "The Wall" LP available with flipkart an imported version? or is it an Indian pressing?

The same LP is available with Amazon for $50, same price as in flipkart.

The same LP is available with Amazon.de for 30Euro + shipping. I think that also will workout to the same price as flipkart.

-John.

Hi John,

"The Wall" LP available with flipkart is an imported version. Made in Great Britain.

Also there are some good first UK pressing available at ebay UK for around 20 pounds(30 pounds incl. shipping to India). Price wise all are almost same. So decide & grab your fav copy.

Brgds,

Bhaskar

Finally got "The Wall" 2LP set from flipkart today. Its a great pressing. Sounds great. Great bass and details. I paid 2495/- for the 2LP set.

-John.

Congrats!!!

I'm sure you'll like this pressing. Also you can try Michael Jackson's Thriller & Bad(on pre-order) from Flipkart. These are both picture discs. This remastered Thriller sounds great. If they keep same quality for Bad, then it's worth the money.

Bhaskar

I already bought a used "Thriller" LP online. The record condition is very good and the sound quality is really nice too.

Hi,

Has anyone got the the 2 disc "The Wall" LP of Pink Floyd? I am planning to buy it and would like to know the quality of the pressing. Also does the LP has all the 13 songs on each of them? When I looked at flipkart, they say each LP has got only 10 songs from the album.

Thanks,
John.

John,
I have got the WALL Double LP. German press . Luckily I got it in Chennai for Rs 100 a year back.
I could collect 5 Pink Floyd LPs from Chennai over last one year time.

Regards,
Anil

John,
I have got the WALL Double LP. German press . Luckily I got it in Chennai for Rs 100 a year back.
I could collect 5 Pink Floyd LPs from Chennai over last one year time.

Regards,
Anil

rub it in sir, rub it in :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back