Pioneer AVR from amazon.com

tgkiran

Has anybody imported an AVR from amazon.com.
At present Pioneer VSX-524 is available for india shipping. If anybody has ever purchased this AVr from amazon, can you please share
your experiences with respect to how packaging is done, shipping duration etc.

Also unit available on their site supports only 110v. To get it working in India, i would require a 220-110 step down transformer.
what should be the typical wattage/VA that the transformer should support?

Stepdown transformer rating should be more than the power consumption rating of the AVR. You can check the spec.

Did you check the prices locally with dealers ?

If price difference ( AVR+Transformer) is not that much I would recommend to buy locally with warranty.

The active power consumption of the AVR is 415 W. To be on the safer side iam looking at a 750W Stepdown transformer. Are there any good ones in market?

The price from amazon is 23K including the customs deposit which was refunded for another product which i had recently purchased. So i might get it at around 18K INR and you add another 2K max for transformer and i donot think the dealers over here can beat that price. But the long transit for the product which weighs close to 8Kgs also make me think whether it is worth the risk?

dont think it would be worth the risk. will probably buy locally. Apart from reliance digital/ezone's are there any places in bangalore where i can find the latest Av receivers and evaluate.

Not interested in networking/airplay/BT/Wi-Fi features and can live with 4 input hdmi ports so iam not really looking at high end AVR, entry level would suffice. presently have my eyes set on Yamaha RX-V377 . reliance digital is offering the same under different name( Yamaha HTR-3067). Any ideas as to what is difference between RX and HTR models?

For speakers am looking at Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System. Is it available in india . was not able to find it online. Again can import from amazon.com, but subs are powered by 120v supply. so the dilemma continues

Technically RX and HTR are same. RX is sold via av exclusive retailers while HTR via supermarkets, retailers. The following link has explanation from yamaha: What is the difference between the RX-V line and the HTR line AV receivers ? - RX-V659 - RX-V - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual
Energy take classic 5.1 as far as I know is not available in india. Ordering via amazon would cost INR 40k including shipping and duties and then you would need step down transformer.
Have a look at Boston Acoustics SoundWare S 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back