Pioneer avr owners thread

I have D2X. Need to see if it also has.
Just looked it up. D2X too has 6 relays from NEC japan, visible only when you take out the shield. also found this in a review regarding the function of those relays
Since most audio gear likes to use higher voltage than the 12 volts you get in a PC, it just might be the case that the extra floppy power is doing something more than just powering all those lights. So, when the D2X doesn't have enough power, you'll hear an audible click. It's from these relays, which disable the sound. In higher end audio equipment relays are used to protect your loudspeakers from a DC spike (the 'thump') when you first turn it on. The D2X does this too. Nice.

1652957366615.png

Was a discovery for myself and an excellent one...so wanted to share if undiscovered yet for anyone. Try the dialogue enhancer feature on the icontrolAV5 app. It work with motion sensing. So ull hv to tilt ur phone back and forward towards you. It makes movie experience amazing. Starts with certain models and beyond. I have an elite lx57.
Lucky that it supports dlna & airplay. (Music)

Does anyone know if the multi zone feature allows u to use separate zone for stereo and if u can power off main zone?

I tried but all zones are active and u can't turn off main zone.

Connected spkrs to one of the two assigned terminals for stereo as per manual

Hi friends. I have a Pioneer VSX 534 AVR.

A few days back, while usual TV viewing, my AVR suddenly powered off. When I turned it on, it showed AMP Diag Mode [FL] and powered down again. I searched online and found that the speaker wire might have shorted. So I checked and found that Front Left speaker wire had come lose. I put it back and the AVR started working properly. I thought that was that.

But after a week, same thing happened again. This time also, the speaker wire seemed to be lose. I put it back, it worked fine for 30 minutes, then same thing again.

So I changed the cable to Polycab 2 core 1 sq. mm. cable. It worked fine for 30 minutes and went back to the same state.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Also, is Pioneer honouring AVR warranty currently? My AVR is only 9 months old.

Hi friends. I have a Pioneer VSX 534 AVR.

A few days back, while usual TV viewing, my AVR suddenly powered off. When I turned it on, it showed AMP Diag Mode [FL] and powered down again. I searched online and found that the speaker wire might have shorted. So I checked and found that Front Left speaker wire had come lose. I put it back and the AVR started working properly. I thought that was that.

But after a week, same thing happened again. This time also, the speaker wire seemed to be lose. I put it back, it worked fine for 30 minutes, then same thing again.

So I changed the cable to Polycab 2 core 1 sq. mm. cable. It worked fine for 30 minutes and went back to the same state.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Also, is Pioneer honouring AVR warranty currently? My AVR is only 9 months old.
Hi,
My pioneer AVR 1131 had also gone kaput the same way as you are mentioning, but after 3-4 years of usage. But, Pioneer had stopped servicing their AVR in India. This, I am talking about two years back. So, I had approached "Emission Electronics Pvt Ltd" in Goregaon, Mumbai after searching in Google. They repaired my AVR within two weeks and its working smoothly since then.
In case, if you are unable to get in touch with authorized service center; you can approach "Emission".

Hi,
My pioneer AVR 1131 had also gone kaput the same way as you are mentioning, but after 3-4 years of usage. But, Pioneer had stopped servicing their AVR in India. This, I am talking about two years back. So, I had approached "Emission Electronics Pvt Ltd" in Goregaon, Mumbai after searching in Google. They repaired my AVR within two weeks and its working smoothly since then.
In case, if you are unable to get in touch with authorized service center; you can approach "Emission".
Thanks for the response. What was the cost of this repair, just to get an idea.

I forgot the exact amount, but it was below 10K; i guess.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping it would be smaller, like 3-4k, since it seems like a minor issue. But guess you can't get cheap repairs these days.

Ask your dealer or Pioneer directly. All they need is proof of purchase.
Its 9 months old! They better fix it at their cost.
Yes, I'm hoping for that. Will call the dealer today.

HI Guys
i have pioneer lx89 avr. Every time i play a movie it does not select the format the audio is in. if its is atmos it will convert a 5.1/7.1 signal to atmos and if its in 5.1/7.1 it will play that even if the movie is in atmos.. is there a way that it can auto detect the signal ?
thanks in advance

asking on behalf of a friend.

he has a vsx lx53.(this avr is ARC capable) he's planning to buy a new 4k smart tv. his doubt/query...

If he connects audio out from Smart 4k tv hdmi out to LX53 hdmi in :

1. If he plays a Prime/Netflix via the smart tv app will he be able to control the volume of the Lx53 via the remote of the 4k smart TV?

2. if he connects a Firestick 4k to hdmi in on Smart TV 4k and audio out from Smart TV 4k to hdmi in on LX53 will he be able to control the volume of the Lx53 via Firestick 4k remote?

Thanks.

1. If he plays a Prime/Netflix via the smart tv app will he be able to control the volume of the Lx53 via the remote of the 4k smart TV?

Yes - LX53 has CEC over HDMI - if the devices are directly connected and CEC is enabled, the volume / power buttons should wor.

2. if he connects a Firestick 4k to hdmi in on Smart TV 4k and audio out from Smart TV 4k to hdmi in on LX53 will he be able to control the volume of the Lx53 via Firestick 4k remote?

In theory yes - since the LX53 is CEC compatible, so are the other two devices, it should work.

Yes

Thanks.
This connection scheme does not exist. TV has no HDMI out. There's a single HDMI cable connecting AVR's out to TV's input, ideally the input which is labelled CEC and ARC. This same cable carries video signal from AVR to TV as well as audio signal from TV to AVR. That's why it's called ARC or Audio Return Channel.

Since TV typically has only one CEC compatible port, you will not be able to control AVR volume with Fire Stick remote if fire stick is connected to TV. You need to connect fire stick directly to the AVR.

Hi champs - can any of you help me with your Pioneer dealer you bought your AVR from? I need LX305 and can't seem to find it in Bangalore from my know dealers.

Yes

This connection scheme does not exist. TV has no HDMI out. There's a single HDMI cable connecting AVR's out to TV's input, ideally the input which is labelled CEC and ARC. This same cable carries video signal from AVR to TV as well as audio signal from TV to AVR. That's why it's called ARC or Audio Return Channel.

Since TV typically has only one CEC compatible port, you will not be able to control AVR volume with Fire Stick remote if fire stick is connected to TV. You need to connect fire stick directly to the AVR.
Thank you for detailed reply, though a connected question arises in this case if he connects firestick 4k to lx53 then he would not be able to get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos via the AVR to the TV as the lx53 being old model won't be able to pass through these 2 things right?

Thank you for detailed reply, though a connected question arises in this case if he connects firestick 4k to lx53 then he would not be able to get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos via the AVR to the TV as the lx53 being old model won't be able to pass through these 2 things right?
If that's the case then you either lose Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision, you can't have both of your AVR doesn't support passthrough, since ARC (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't support Dolby Atmos passthrough either.

HI Guys
i have pioneer lx89 avr. Every time i play a movie it does not select the format the audio is in. if its is atmos it will convert a 5.1/7.1 signal to atmos and if its in 5.1/7.1 it will play that even if the movie is in atmos.. is there a way that it can auto detect the signal ?
thanks in advance

What is the source? Typically its the source signal which gets detected by the AVR and then outputted accordingly. I use a Marantz and it automatically detects the source signal and outputs as 5.1 or 7.1 or Atmos

Would suggest to refer to the owners manual and check if there is some setting which has changed or needs to be changed.

What is the source? Typically its the source signal which gets detected by the AVR and then outputted accordingly. I use a Marantz and it automatically detects the source signal and outputs as 5.1 or 7.1 or Atmos

Would suggest to refer to the owners manual and check if there is some setting which has changed or needs to be changed.
I use Nvidia shield and Apple tv . Yes you are right it typically should detect the signal coming in and automatically change to that but here i have to manually chose it in the setting (legacy or object ) i have seen the manual and i can't find any thing on it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back