Pioneer avr owners thread

I use Nvidia shield and Apple tv . Yes you are right it typically should detect the signal coming in and automatically change to that but here i have to manually chose it in the setting (legacy or object ) i have seen the manual and i can't find any thing on it.

Checked Shield & Apple output settings configuration?

Ask your dealer or Pioneer directly. All they need is proof of purchase.
Its 9 months old! They better fix it at their cost.
Hi,
My pioneer AVR 1131 had also gone kaput the same way as you are mentioning, but after 3-4 years of usage. But, Pioneer had stopped servicing their AVR in India. This, I am talking about two years back. So, I had approached "Emission Electronics Pvt Ltd" in Goregaon, Mumbai after searching in Google. They repaired my AVR within two weeks and its working smoothly since then.
In case, if you are unable to get in touch with authorized service center; you can approach "Emission".
My dealer turned out to be quite helpful. Once I reported the issue to him, he sent a guy to pick up the AVR, got it repaired, and sent it back and never even mentioned any money. It took some time (25 days I suppose) as he said the parts required for the repair were not readily available. But other than that, no issues, it's working fine as of now.

My dealer turned out to be quite helpful. Once I reported the issue to him, he sent a guy to pick up the AVR, got it repaired, and sent it back and never even mentioned any money. It took some time (25 days I suppose) as he said the parts required for the repair were not readily available. But other than that, no issues, it's working fine as of now.
very few dealers are like this. Its nice to know we still have such dealers around who care for their customers and provide excellent after sales assistance

AVR Prices are going so high, is it right time to by now? or wait for some more time? they all say they don't have stock because of chipset shortage.

Not sure if it's the right time to buy or not, but don't expect prices to come down any time soon.

And since you're posting in Pioneer thread, just letting you know that Pioneer is not officially selling in India anymore. So it's not recommended to buy.

AVR Prices are going so high, is it right time to by now? or wait for some more time? they all say they don't have stock because of chipset shortage.

Globally there is enough stock, not sure why our dealers here in India are HOARDING up? This stock n chipset story worked in 2020 and 2021..does not work for 2022....so check various dealers and see who gives the best deal

Hi Pal's I'm planning to upgrade my AVR to Pioneer vsx-935, but i could not see much reviews anywhere, Is any one currently own one? please share your experience, is it the worth upgrade or should i have to wait ?

please suggest.. thanks in advance..

Hi now prices settle down. You can check now.
Stocks are there but just wanted to check if any of you own one to know how's the performance coz i don't see much reviews about this model? does it have HDMI 2.1 issues like the other brands had? how does it sound for Music & Movies eagerly waiting for your experience feedback.

Hi All, anyone know who is now handling Pioneer AVR service in Mumbai? It used to be Kripa Electronics but called them this morning and they said they no longer service Pioneer AVRs and did not know who does now. TIA

Last edited:
Hi All, anyone know who is now handling Pioneer AVR service in Mumbai? It used to be Kripa Electronics but called them this morning and they said they no longer service Pioneer AVRs and did not know who does now. TIA
My pioneer AVR became problematic earlier this year. Since it was in warranty, I contacted my seller and he got it serviced for me. He got it done from kripa itself.

However, Kripa has tried repairing my AVR twice now and both times sent it back with the issue still being there. Now it's with them a third time and has spent a total of three and half months with them since July. So not sure if they're the right people to handle this anyway.

My pioneer AVR became problematic earlier this year. Since it was in warranty, I contacted my seller and he got it serviced for me. He got it done from kripa itself.

However, Kripa has tried repairing my AVR twice now and both times sent it back with the issue still being there. Now it's with them a third time and has spent a total of three and half months with them since July. So not sure if they're the right people to handle this anyway.
Oh damn. That's worrying. In my other thread I was told Cinebels in Bandra is now managing sales n service of Onkyo and Pioneer. I'll be calling them today to see what they say. Thanks for your reply though.

Hi all, I'm looking for a service contact for Pioneer AV Receivers (VSX 522 and VSX-LX60) in Bangalore (Madiwala / Koramangala area). If anyone has done service recently please share.

Wow so i wasn't the only one scammed by them. Better to avoid pioneers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back