Pioneer avr owners thread

gauthamnaidu

Hi all.. The forums are full of Denon and Yamaha owners who actively discuss settings and pro/cons of their avr.. So starting this thread (after a brief search to find none.. If there is.. Please link me I shall delete this thread)

So im new with a Pioneer VSX 323 AVR with rs 33tb speakers and rs 33sw subwoofer..

I'm having a pretty good time watching hd channels with 5.1 sound..

I'm not happy with the sound in optical audio out..
May be i have to find the right settings..

The Ipod control and usb control are really useful..

Regarding the radio I'm not happy since few channels don't lock.. Must be a signal issue..

Any other pioneer owner here? Any inputs?

Dear Gautham, I too am using optical cable as set by the demo guy. Being busy with work/ kid, I am unable to devote some time to this. However, I have kept next saturday for the experiments with the reciever wrt my tv & media players. I will post my findings then. And thanks for the thread starting. I will put my setup picture here. (Because of the curiosity & high energy of my kid, I have kept both TS & woofer on the rack itself. :) )

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,126
Thats an awesome swetup sushant..congrats on the purchase.. what are those lights?/ LED strips??

looks cool..

and as far as i have read the subwoofer being on the floor makes a difference...try scaring your kid into not touching that :)

May be you can add an index of the review to the index beginning post so its easy for people to find the review of the RS-33 model here. We can later extend the index towards other review of the pioneer home theater and avr like HTP-071, because I am going to be reviewing it soon as my friend is adamant on the price bargain

May be you can add an index of the review to the index beginning post so its easy for people to find the review of the RS-33 model here. We can later extend the index towards other review of the pioneer home theater and avr like HTP-071, because I am going to be reviewing it soon as my friend is adamant on the price bargain

Hello man.. How do I do that.. I'm not able to edit my first post.. :-(

Hi all,

Did any1 tried ARC ? Is it possible to play audio in AVR, by watching videos in TV USB without toslink cable

Hi all,

Did any1 tried ARC ? Is it possible to play audio in AVR, by watching videos in TV USB without toslink cable

Hello.. I think it is possible.. Someone had posted how to do it.. Will link you once I get it... Are u using toslink? Are u happy with the output? I'm not.. I have been trying to find out if arc is better than toslink..

I have a SC 25 and was wondering if it would be better to use my B&K AVS 5000 seriesII Amp as the front 3 plus zone 3 while my Pioneer handles the Zone2 plus the surrounds. The B&K is an A?B amp rated conservitavely at 125 watts per channel and that is at 8ohms, my front 3 are Sonus Fabers rated at 6ohms

Yeah i have connected toslink and am very much happy with the output... I made all the settings for ARC but still audio is not coming. Need to find that.

Yeah i have connected toslink and am very much happy with the output... I made all the settings for ARC but still audio is not coming. Need to find that.

In the avr.. You have to choose the arc option and in the tv also you have to choose the audio out as external device... It might work.. Try again

Yeah it worked. I have disabled TV speaker off and it worked... One more clarification. I feel the sound is too low when using tata sky HD channel and i don feel like Dolby digital otput:mad:

In the avr.. You have to choose the arc option and in the tv also you have to choose the audio out as external device... It might work.. Try again

Yeah it worked. I have disabled TV speaker off and it worked... One more clarification. I feel the sound is too low when using tata sky HD channel and i don feel like Dolby digital otput:mad:

Just a small doubt.. How many hdmi cables have y connected between the tv and avr? What hdmi.. Can u send pics of the heads?

Red Gear HDMI Cable 2 mtrs - Red Gear: Flipkart.com

check the link for the HDMI cable am using , I have connected only one HDMI cable between TV and AVR, remaining things(DTH, blu ray etc) have been into AVR.
wat do u mean by heads ? I ll post the entire setup soon once my stand arrives and entire setup is in place.

Just a small doubt.. How many hdmi cables have y connected between the tv and avr? What hdmi.. Can u send pics of the heads?

Yes; ARC works.

You can play a USB movie on the tv and the sound is carried back to the receiver via hdmi. Depending on your tv model, it may or may not support DTS or Dolby Digital via ARC. You check this functionality by playing two channel audio via USB from the tv.

Out of all HDMI connectors behind the tv, only one of them will support ARC via HDMI. Check the connector label. Link this HDMI input with ARC support to the receivers monitor output. The receiver should support ARC too.

In my case, it was required that I enabled Anynet+CEC and Choose Receiver in the TV setup menu. Something similar exists in the receiver setup too.

Hi guys,
wondering if some one could help me in choosing a Pioneer AVR. I see there is Pioneer VSX 823 available in snapdeal and with cashback etc, will come to only 25 K only. This is a fully network AVR so Im inclined to get it this festival season.

Is this price a good deal ?.

Is there any issue with Pioneer service option in India ?

hG

hi sandeep/gautam,

I have one clarification. I m using tata sky HD, wen am watching HD channels like star movies , the dolby digital format audio clarity is nt upto the mark. I m keeping the volume to 55-66 still am harding feeling the effect or sound whereas i used to keep arnd 35-40 for USB movies in dolby pro logic format.

Any comments o nthis

Hi guys,
wondering if some one could help me in choosing a Pioneer AVR. I see there is Pioneer VSX 823 available in snapdeal and with cashback etc, will come to only 25 K only. This is a fully network AVR so Im inclined to get it this festival season.

Is this price a good deal ?.

Is there any issue with Pioneer service option in India ?

hG

The price is good, Pioneer is good but Snapdeal ain't so good. Check out the Snapdeal thread on the forum.

hi sandeep/gautam,

I have one clarification. I m using tata sky HD, wen am watching HD channels like star movies , the dolby digital format audio clarity is nt upto the mark. I m keeping the volume to 55-66 still am harding feeling the effect or sound whereas i used to keep arnd 35-40 for USB movies in dolby pro logic format.

Any comments o nthis

I'm not sure.. I use Airtel dth.. I keep my volume in four in the stb.. And my avr volume is 35.. An dits pretty loud.. While watching bluray rips I keep a volume of 40 and the next house uncle calls me to reduce it..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back