Pioneer avr owners thread

Keep us posted on the Harmony remote.

I have VS-521K and I am also looking for a cheap remote to pair up with,
Videocon D2h, Panny BDT and LG TV.

Planning to get an External Bluetooth+NFC receiver to my Pioneer.
I am avoiding the Pioneer bluetooth extn.

Gautham which 1 are you using?

u9yvuvar.jpg

:)

Hai nice to see this thread I recently auditioned yamaha yht 299.and Pioneer rs.33 at Reliance found rs 33 to be far superior good bass and sound. since you are already owning Pioneer Rs 33 I have some clarifications, is it good for movies,how long we can play it continuously will it get heated up,what price did you bought for, here in Reliance Bangalore it is 40 k no discounts, Is it better than onkyo hts 4505 I have not auditioned that model, please reply

Hai nice to see this thread I recently auditioned yamaha yht 299.and Pioneer rs.33 at Reliance found rs 33 to be far superior good bass and sound. since you are already owning Pioneer Rs 33 I have some clarifications, is it good for movies,how long we can play it continuously will it get heated up,what price did you bought for, here in Reliance Bangalore it is 40 k no discounts, Is it better than onkyo hts 4505 I have not auditioned that model, please reply

Hi..
This is my first home theater..
I have sat in my friends house who has a Sony higher end one.. This can beat Sony hands down in reproduction of bass and surround..

I got it for 36k along with a bluray player.. Later they found it to be a billing issue and begged me to pay 3k extra for the BDP which was 8k I think..

So it's a safe option and pretty damn good..

There are few small quirks though.. You can work around if u read the forum..

Have a good day

The difference is not about the speaker it about the chioice that you would want to make. If ou buy the RS33 today ull have a complete setup. But if u go for the Yamaha 299 you will need to upgrade the speakers later on when u have more money. Only then the superior amp of the Yamaha will be able to deliver the great qulity sound and over take the pioneer.

I am a RS-33 owner myself. And I know I cant spend more for my speakers later on so at one shot I had to buy the speakers and amp. Made a huge mess and finally made my wife accept it. I know she wont let me spend anymore on the home theater heheh. But if ur single and money control is under you, you can go for yamaha and later on ( say after a year maybe) add a new set of speakers for the better amp in yamaha 299 package. Else settle with pioneer and you will enjoy the experience as loooooooong as you dont fry the speakers or the amp heheh.

Also the bass of hte Pionner will sound good for Indian music while Yamaha may not this is my personal feeling. ut I love Yamaha if I am into classical musical it sounds fine. But I am not that type.

Hi..
This is my first home theater..
I have sat in my friends house who has a Sony higher end one.. This can beat Sony hands down in reproduction of bass and surround..

I got it for 36k along with a bluray player.. Later they found it to be a billing issue and begged me to pay 3k extra for the BDP which was 8k I think..

So it's a safe option and pretty damn good..

There are few small quirks though.. You can work around if u read the forum..

Have a good day
Thanks alot for the reply will try to negotiate with reliance may be next week not interested in Blu-ray player want to buy it seperately looking for Samsung bd f 6500 with inbuilt WiFi have a great weekend

The difference is not about the speaker it about the chioice that you would want to make. If ou buy the RS33 today ull have a complete setup. But if u go for the Yamaha 299 you will need to upgrade the speakers later on when u have more money. Only then the superior amp of the Yamaha will be able to deliver the great qulity sound and over take the pioneer.

I am a RS-33 owner myself. And I know I cant spend more for my speakers later on so at one shot I had to buy the speakers and amp. Made a huge mess and finally made my wife accept it. I know she wont let me spend anymore on the home theater heheh. But if ur single and money control is under you, you can go for yamaha and later on ( say after a year maybe) add a new set of speakers for the better amp in yamaha 299 package. Else settle with pioneer and you will enjoy the experience as loooooooong as you dont fry the speakers or the amp heheh.

Also the bass of hte Pionner will sound good for Indian music while Yamaha may not this is my personal feeling. ut I love Yamaha if I am into classical musical it sounds fine. But I am not that type.
I have heard good reviews about yamaha amp but I am also looking for complete package now recently got married and convincing my wife for buying Pioneer itself was a huge struggle heee hee :) anyhow she will agree.
But I have one question can Pioneer 33 can also be upgraded in future, have you tried onkyo,onkyo 4505,

What wud you like to upgrade it on? It has nearly everything. But answer is yes always you can upgrade it. You can change the AMP later on or add new large surround speakers or heck even change its sub. It all depends on your wish.

Hi ,

VSX-921-K owner here. good to see the pioneers group here.

Those who have got ARC working , are you getting DD 5.1 from tata sky hd or any other DTH ? my AVR doesn't show DD symbol . I remember optical cable connection used to show that.

Hey in which Reliance showroom you auditioned Pioneer RS-33?

Hi ,

VSX-921-K owner here. good to see the pioneers group here.

Those who have got ARC working , are you getting DD 5.1 from tata sky hd or any other DTH ? my AVR doesn't show DD symbol . I remember optical cable connection used to show that.

Nopes.. I use Airtel hd.. But I think I get 5.1 sound (assuming since dialogs are from the front and background sounds in the rear) from the optical as well as ARC using hdmi.. With usb content.. With dolby track I get the DD symbol up.. And dolby digital scrolls through.. And have u got hdmi through option?

hmm..I wonder if that's a case of stereo audio being converted to 5.1.

also , my AVR works on step down and I cant afford to keep it on/ standby for the longer period of time ( previous transformer went kaput because of this ) . So , AVR is on only when I am watching movies and ARC for tata sky occasionally. So not using hdmi passthrough / haven't tried also.

Hi folks,
Im vacillating between Pioneer vsx 823K (27000 Rs) and yamaha RXV 475. In snapdeal there is a 10 K difference between these. Can any pioneer owners advice me what is the pros and cons when compared to the yamaha ones ?. I may be going with polk rti or boston acoustics A series speakers. thank you.

hg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back