Pioneer avr owners thread

Hi folks,
Im vacillating between Pioneer vsx 823K (27000 Rs) and yamaha RXV 475. In snapdeal there is a 10 K difference between these. Can any pioneer owners advice me what is the pros and cons when compared to the yamaha ones ?. I may be going with polk rti or boston acoustics A series speakers. thank you.

hg

The Yamaha RXV 475 is more feature packed than the 823K featuring more inputs and good harmony. Not to mention the 475 is more upgradeable and packs lot of feature not available on the 823K

Last edited:
Btw.. I just noticed that DD 5.1 works just fine though ARC . I am not sure why it didn't work the other day..or may be I was impatient and changing settings too soon too quick.

Hey.. I'm getting 5.1 on the HD channels.. But that DD symbol doesn't light up.. That comes only when I play content from usb.. Is that normal?

You are playing it as PCM, there is good difference between DD and PCM in my setup box but I cant say the same for the AirtelHD box. You should check it up.

But technically speaking PCM audio and DD 5.1 will be same over HDMI, so you are not losing any quality just a few decibles of loudness. DD 5.1 will only show up if the box is set to bitstream the codec in any setup box. Like in my SunDirectHD box in setting I have an audio option to set AC3 or PCM. IF I select AC3 then my DD icon will be displayed else just regular PCM.

You are playing it as PCM, there is good difference between DD and PCM in my setup box but I cant say the same for the AirtelHD box. You should check it up.

But technically speaking PCM audio and DD 5.1 will be same over HDMI, so you are not losing any quality just a few decibles of loudness. DD 5.1 will only show up if the box is set to bitstream the codec in any setup box. Like in my SunDirectHD box in setting I have an audio option to set AC3 or PCM. IF I select AC3 then my DD icon will be displayed else just regular PCM.

Thanks man..

Will hunt for that menu in my stb and update u..

Today, I noticed that Star Sports HD1 is giving Dolby Digital Plus Ex format and my AVR properly recognized it. But the separation is kind of strange where the audio is coming only in the L&R speakers and not in center speaker(100% silence). May be getting some background over surround speakers, but Center Speaker is dead silent. Is this the normal thing with the format? How can we experience this Ex format? Please advise.

P.S: For other HD channels/formats Center speaker working properly (i.e neo 6, DD).

Guys. Please help me.
My sc37 shows only "POWER ON" when I switch it on with my remote. And nothing happens from there. Amp does not
I use a 2000W step down transformer. I checked voltage output using multimeter. It shows 122V . It appears that no swich on the amp or any attempts from remote do not make the amp respond.

For some reason my Pioneer receiver's OSD is not coming up on TV.

For OSD, I used to connect through component yellow cable (not HDMI) from receiver's monitor out to tv.

But when I press receiver and setup button the display on TV is still blank.
I did this last year but now I cannot get it up.

I wanted to increase the center channel's speaker volume, hence trying to get the OSD.

For some reason my Pioneer receiver's OSD is not coming up on TV.

For OSD, I used to connect through component yellow cable (not HDMI) from receiver's monitor out to tv.

But when I press receiver and setup button the display on TV is still blank.
I did this last year but now I cannot get it up.

I wanted to increase the center channel's speaker volume, hence trying to get the OSD.

What receiver is that?

Guys. Please help me.
My sc37 shows only "POWER ON" when I switch it on with my remote. And nothing happens from there. Amp does not
I use a 2000W step down transformer. I checked voltage output using multimeter. It shows 122V . It appears that no swich on the amp or any attempts from remote do not make the amp respond.

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Has it started working, or have you gotten it reparied?

I'm getting an imported Pioneer AVR, and the voltage at my place fluctuates between 230-260 volts. I think I'll need a step down transformer with a voltage regulator, otherwise it'll output between 115-130w, which might cause problems.
Which step-down transformer are you using? Does it have an inbuilt stabiliser?

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Has it started working, or have you gotten it reparied?

I'm getting an imported Pioneer AVR, and the voltage at my place fluctuates between 230-260 volts. I think I'll need a step down transformer with a voltage regulator, otherwise it'll output between 115-130w, which might cause problems.
Which step-down transformer are you using? Does it have an inbuilt stabiliser?

I am yet to get it repaired. But I found some guys who can repair it. I am little lazy on weekends and so did not carry my amp to their place. Currently enjoying the ample sound from st50 itself.
The transformer that I use is called Maxine. It has a fuse inside it.

I have a small doubt.. I have my laptop connected to the receiver thro hdmi And i have bluray rips with 5.1 audio.. But the receiver does not detect the channels.. And no DD symbol.. I use kmplayer or vlc.. Can someone help me with what I'm doing wrong.. Thanks in advance

Dear friend receintely i purchase pioneer vsx 323 with s11 speaker and s31w subwoofer.please given best setting for this so i i will enjoy.

Vinod
Pioneer htp 323/funai led tv/lenovo g560/philips 2180 bluray

I got my VSX 523 last week, and have been playing with it, but I need some help.

How can I get the Pioneer remote to power on my TV?

And while movie trailers, and even songs played off youtube sound really good (pretty darn close to amazing!), the few high-quality songs I have on my HTPC don't sound as nice.
The receivers connected to just 2 speakers, SP-FS 52...full range floor standers.
I've tried using pure-direct, stereo, auto-surround, stereo alc, I've changed the speaker cross-over settings ( do I need to do this? I don't have a sub-woofer), but without much improvement.
The speakers sound amazing in the demo-room, and I want to replicate that sound at home.

Hi ,

First thing , u cant power on the TV with ur AVR remote. You need to get universal remote for all ur devices (AVR, TV, Blu ray etc).

Second, Usually demo contents in the showroom are tweaked to high frequencies, so u ll feel gud there listening and watching . Thats the tactics , you just try to tweak ur AVR according to ur needs ( Speaker distance , Speaker level etc) and use different modes and calibration techniques.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back