Pioneer avr owners thread

Hi ,

First thing , u cant power on the TV with ur AVR remote. You need to get universal remote for all ur devices .

That ain't right. You can use your avr remote to power on/off the tv if your remotes got the tv power button you just need to program it. Run through your owners manual and it will tell you how to do it.

I'm basing this off my yamaha htr-6160s remote that can power on/off , control the volume and change a tv channel. Now this is a pretty old receiver at least 5 years now and if it can do it, the new ones should definitely be able to do it.

The remote has a button for the TV, but the manual doesn't have any info about how to program it.

Tough luck pal, on your manual page 9 it says the remotes TV controls can only be used on pioneer TVs. That's kind of odd but pioneer seem to have restricted it.

Tough luck pal, on your manual page 9 it says the remotes TV controls can only be used on pioneer TVs. That's kind of odd but pioneer seem to have restricted it.

Thanks for looking. Seems I'm going to have to deal with having multiple remotes.
1. WiFi remote for Videocons DTH box
2. Android remote for my xbmc htpc
3. TV remote
4. AVR remote.

Thanks for looking. Seems I'm going to have to deal with having multiple remotes.
1. WiFi remote for Videocons DTH box
2. Android remote for my xbmc htpc
3. TV remote
4. AVR remote.
Won't the Videocon stb work with IR?
In that case u can buy a universal remote.. I have successfully cut 4 remotes to one using a harmony 650..

It is a bit expensive..

Check out one for all.. I see few really nice ones.. Not sure how they fare against harmony though..

I did consider getting a universal remote, but since it won't work with the STB, it didn't make sense.
The STB doesn't have IR AFAIK.

BTW, I noticed that you've got your front speakers on the rack itself. Does that make them sound better?

I did consider getting a universal remote, but since it won't work with the STB, it didn't make sense.
The STB doesn't have IR AFAIK.

BTW, I noticed that you've got your front speakers on the rack itself. Does that make them sound better?

for the videocon unit try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.videocon.irda.remote

and front speakers on the rack?? i have it on the stand in front of my tv above the blurayplayer and the avr..

im not sure if it is acoustically better...but i dint/cant wall mount because my house owner already is pissed off with the tv being wallmounted ;)

Hi Everyone,

Recently i have purchased a Pioneer VSX 323 Receiver and S-31W subwoofer.

The issue is that the subwoofer is frequently making a popping sound once in a minute. I tried with different volume levels and different sound Modes and different input devices like sat/cabl, Tv. I still have the same issue.

Any settings will fix this or do i have to replace the sub or Receiver ?

Hi Guys,
I'm looking to buy a 5.1 HT system.. I've searched a lot and now finally have 2 system in mind..

1) Yamaha YTH 299
2) Pioneer RS-33

1) Yamaha YTH 299 - I'm very happy with the options that this AV Receiver has. I was specifically looking for CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) feature as I really don't want to have too many remotes. This system has the feature but the Bass is horrible for that range.

2) Pioneer RS-33 - I'm really impressed with the Subwoofer and the satellite speakers however this system doesn't have CEC feature..

I'm hoping to have the Yamaha YTH 299 AV Receivers and only the speakers of Pioneer RS-33. Can somebody please tell me if its possible to buy only the AV Receivers from Yamaha and the Sub & Speakers from Pioneer.
If not, please advice. I don't want to end up being disappointed after spending about 45,000 for my very first HT system.

Thanks in advance...

If u are worried about remote I ahve heard people saying that they use an universal remote. Anyway, most choose the YHT 299 so that they can upgrade the speakers later.

You can also do the same upgrade the speakers later

Hi Guys,
I'm looking to buy a 5.1 HT system.. I've searched a lot and now finally have 2 system in mind..

1) Yamaha YTH 299
2) Pioneer RS-33

1) Yamaha YTH 299 - I'm very happy with the options that this AV Receiver has. I was specifically looking for CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) feature as I really don't want to have too many remotes. This system has the feature but the Bass is horrible for that range.

2) Pioneer RS-33 - I'm really impressed with the Subwoofer and the satellite speakers however this system doesn't have CEC feature..

I'm hoping to have the Yamaha YTH 299 AV Receivers and only the speakers of Pioneer RS-33. Can somebody please tell me if its possible to buy only the AV Receivers from Yamaha and the Sub & Speakers from Pioneer.
If not, please advice. I don't want to end up being disappointed after spending about 45,000 for my very first HT system.

Thanks in advance...

Hi shekar

which one did you choose? I wanted to go for Yamaha 299. But since it is not available, I changed my focus to pioneer. I have auditioned Pioneer RS 33 yesterday at reliance digital. price quoted is Rs.45000 along with samsung 3D bluray player. I did like the front speakers very much. Just want to check RS 43 which sports 2 woofers in front speakers instead of one woofer and one passive radiator in case of RS 33. yet to make a final decision yet

Hi

Need help. I have almost zeroed down my choice to Pioneer RS33. Reliance Digital offers this model at Rs. 45000. They are also giving a Samsung 3D bluray player.

I also got a doubt in mind whether to go for RS 43 which includes better (not sure) front speakers (RS 77 TB) at around Rs 3000 more.

can anyone please guide me?

Hi

Need help. I have almost zeroed down my choice to Pioneer RS33. Reliance Digital offers this model at Rs. 45000. They are also giving a Samsung 3D bluray player.

I also got a doubt in mind whether to go for RS 43 which includes better (not sure) front speakers (RS 77 TB) at around Rs 3000 more.

can anyone please guide me?

Hi,

By going through the specs it's really worth the extra 3k.

1. RS 33 fronts has only 83db sensitivity compared to RS 43 sensitivity 89.5
2. RS 33 has passive radiator but where as in RS 43 it replaced by a woofer.
3. slightly better Freq response in RS 43. it would not be any useful though, as u will get a mighty subwoofer which includes already.

Go for RS 43 if you want a powerful fronts, and an entry level VSX 323k enough to drive these speakers as their sensitivity more.

Good Luck.

Hi,

By going through the specs it's really worth the extra 3k.

1. RS 33 fronts has only 83db sensitivity compared to RS 43 sensitivity 89.5
2. RS 33 has passive radiator but where as in RS 43 it replaced by a woofer.
3. slightly better Freq response in RS 43. it would not be any useful though, as u will get a mighty subwoofer which includes already.

Go for RS 43 if you want a powerful fronts, and an entry level VSX 323k enough to drive these speakers as their sensitivity more.

Good Luck.
I also bought pioneer rs 33.....from reliance on 25 aug still not delivered but now iam thinking whether i made a mistake by purchasing 33 instead of 43.......please reply

I also bought pioneer rs 33.....from reliance on 25 aug still not delivered but now iam thinking whether i made a mistake by purchasing 33 instead of 43.......please reply

sameer bhai

RS 43 is still not available with reliance I believe. I went to reliance digital 4 hours back and they searched their entire database comprising of all their showrooms and warehouses. They could not find any entry relating to RS 43. But they found RS 53 costing around 50k. They could not explain what that system is. and it is not there in pioneer India website. They will get back to me after verifying.

sameer bhai

RS 43 is still not available with reliance I believe. I went to reliance digital 4 hours back and they searched their entire database comprising of all their showrooms and warehouses. They could not find any entry relating to RS 43. But they found RS 53 costing around 50k. They could not explain what that system is. and it is not there in pioneer India website. They will get back to me after verifying.

I think it has same set of speakers and woofer of rs 43 but the AVR is VSX 523k

I think it has same set of speakers and woofer of rs 43 but the AVR is VSX 523k
No in hyderabad reliance it has rs33 fronts and 523k receiver.......they r saying they will deliver me rs43 in 15 days...and 33 is readily available please suggest me 43 or 33.....right now iam really confused guys

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back