Pioneer avr owners thread

Cancelled my andrew jones speaker as the dealer said it will take more 20 days.....But he refused to give advance and was not even cancelling order then he settled on and i purchased harman/kardon mas-110.....It is good fell in love with the design.....For my rs.33 there was a prob. in woofer a click but reliance replaced it but again there was the same issue.....Finally my friend suggested me to buy a good sub cable I was not expecting it will help but to my surprise i bought bluerigger cable from amazon and it solved it:yahoo:.....

Now finally iam enjoying it fully.....I want to share something why people say that rs33 is not a good package what i think is it is the best deal for price.....Whats ur opinion

happy ending atlast after so much headache ;)

Having Pioneer VSX-524-K with some denon speakers (Sys-1312)
I'm looking for a quality subwoofer or a decent 5.1 system,

What about Boston acoustic? , Are they a good deal.

First, what is wrong with the Denon speakers that you have now? BA XS5.1 is a decent package. Please audition the same for you to assess if it is better than the existing Denon speakers (I don't have much idea about the same)before you purchase it. I have it and its fairly decent for my bedroom, but no match for my FS speakers in my main room. I had liked HECO 5.1 package satellite speakers and SW that I had auditioned at ProFx, it was 65k with a Pioneer 523/ Denon X500 thrown in free. I had wanted the Pioneer 823 with the Heco, but the price increase was not the price difference between a 523 and a 823. I felt let down by ProFx at this and then settled for a Pioneer 923 (since this does some upscaling) with a BA XS 5.1 from elsewhere. Heco -good package but pricey at 65k.

Hi Pioneer owners.

My first post in this forum. I am planning to buy my first component HT system. I am on a tight budget (within 40K). However, auditioned Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ and was blown away. So was planning for Moviestar with VSX 523. However, the budget is shooting up to 45K. Came across HTP 323 (S11 sorround + S31 Subs + VSX 323) in RD. RD is offering this for 35K with Philip 3D Blue ray player free.

On the face this looks lucrative as i need not invest more a Blueray player (i dont have one currently). The sub is also powered as compared to Onkyo 3700 (for 33K).

My question here, anyone using S11 and S31 subs? how is the surround sound quality and sub quality? my room is 10*15. Will this be sufficient for the room?

Please help me out

Hi Pioneer owners.

My first post in this forum. I am planning to buy my first component HT system. I am on a tight budget (within 40K). However, auditioned Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ and was blown away. So was planning for Moviestar with VSX 523. However, the budget is shooting up to 45K. Came across HTP 323 (S11 sorround + S31 Subs + VSX 323) in RD. RD is offering this for 35K with Philip 3D Blue ray player free.

On the face this looks lucrative as i need not invest more a Blueray player (i dont have one currently). The sub is also powered as compared to Onkyo 3700 (for 33K).

My question here, anyone using S11 and S31 subs? how is the surround sound quality and sub quality? my room is 10*15. Will this be sufficient for the room?

Please help me out
Hi sambit2712,

There are some issues with VSX323, S11 and S31 subwoofer, Receiver is very good, but the problem starts with Subwoffer, I used to have that previously but i observed a popping noise from the subwoofer once in few seconds, thats annoying. So i had to change the System. From few forums i came to know that S31 Subwoofer have universal problem and lots of people faced the same issue. From the technician i heard that we need to upgrade the firmware in the subwoofer to fix the issue. You can search for S31 popping sound issue. You can observe the noise and different volume levels. I would say if you can buy separately, better to go with separate AV, Speakers and Subwoofer.

Thanks

Hi sambit2712,

There are some issues with VSX323, S11 and S31 subwoofer, Receiver is very good, but the problem starts with Subwoffer, I used to have that previously but i observed a popping noise from the subwoofer once in few seconds, thats annoying. So i had to change the System. From few forums i came to know that S31 Subwoofer have universal problem and lots of people faced the same issue. From the technician i heard that we need to upgrade the firmware in the subwoofer to fix the issue. You can search for S31 popping sound issue. You can observe the noise and different volume levels. I would say if you can buy separately, better to go with separate AV, Speakers and Subwoofer.

Thanks

Thanks PGY for these insights.

Hi..my 1020K remote isnt working..guess because I haven't used it for couple of years now..tried changing the batteries but wouldn't work. can i take it to neighborhood remote wallah and he opens it up, blows dust out and it starts working? or do you suggest I travel many miles to find an authorized pioneer repair centre?

Finally Getting My Fisrt AVR THE VSX 523K from amazon.in @17.5K COD
Tmrw coming
After a lot search i decide to go with Pioneer with my Edifer S550 :)

I have checked the specs of VSX-524 and VSX-824. Surprised to see that these 2014 models do not support DTS HD-MA. I have assumed all the standard AVRs support Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA as the blurays are encoded in either of these audio formats...

Can any of the owners can confirm this is true?

Dolby TrueHD Yes
Dolby TrueHD Loudness Management No
DTS-HD Master Audio No

Hello fellow Pioneer AVR owners!

Just got a VSX-823K. I am not a big fan of AVRs and more of a stereo fan but my Cambridge Audio amp constantly gave me trouble and so I invested in an AVR since I have connected the computer to my TV.

Hoping to have a good stay here and will keep asking questions since I am just venturing into the world of AVRs.

I have checked the specs of VSX-524 and VSX-824. Surprised to see that these 2014 models do not support DTS HD-MA.
I found the same and so advised my friend to get VSX924 which also has ESS DAC chip within.Just want to know how reliable Pioneer recent AVRs are?One dealer said they are prone to complains and not easily repairable.I can hardly find any dealer in Mumbai for the same reason.

In US & UK Pioneer's site, they have listed 824 that it supports DTS-HDMA... Most AVR's today support excluding some entry level HTIB....

Only in India's Pioneer website, it is mentioned that it will not decode DTS-HDMA which is most probably a typo....

Hi all, irecently joined this community. Its good to see discussiins regarding pioneer avrs exclusively.
I am about to get vsx 523 k soon.
Can somebody suggest a good speaker package for the same.
My options are
1. Denon sys 5.1 at 14k on ebay
2. Yamaha NS P40 at 18.5k on amazon

Please give ur suggestions
My budget is limited to below 38- 40k

Can someone suggest me a good Home Theater
My options are
1. JBL htib bd300 -30k
2. pioneer rs33 - 43k
Is there any other HT in 30 to 40k range .

The last driver in both tower speakers are not working... Any settings needed to be changed ?

No and it is not a defect. The specifications on Pioneer India website for the S-RS33TB speaker system does say that one of the 16cm driver is a passive radiator. This is not a driven speaker. It is passive. This driver generates low frequencies based on the active drivers movement and from cabinet air pressure. There won't be a voice coil or magnet on the passive radiator.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back