Pioneer avr owners thread

Can someone suggest me a good Home Theater
My options are
1. JBL htib bd300 -30k
2. pioneer rs33 - 43k
Is there any other HT in 30 to 40k range .

The choices you have mentioned are totally different from each other

One is a Blu-ray player which doubles up as a amp or vice versa. The other is an amp to which connect other peripherals.

Best thing to do would be to audition both and then choose.

U can also look at the Yamaha Yht-299 or the yht-2910 which would fall under 40k

The choices you have mentioned are totally different from each other

One is a Blu-ray player which doubles up as a amp or vice versa. The other is an amp to which connect other peripherals.

Best thing to do would be to audition both and then choose.

U can also look at the Yamaha Yht-299 or the yht-2910 which would fall under 40k
Yamaha I didn't like as it has less bass effect.
JBL I liked as its really fits my budget and its compact with good bass effect.

Pioneer was really good but a bit costly.

Dear all,

finally i got RS 33 speakers 5.1 and amp 323 with lg bp 420, need advice for installation, how can i get maximum perfection i mean perfect music/sound from this system, i would like to add lg PN 4500 plasma also, then in my mind i hope i can connect pen drive to BP then HDMI out to Plasma for Video and optical cable from BP to Amp for sound, am i correct? this will be good? any other perfect way? please help me.

Dear all,

finally i got RS 33 speakers 5.1 and amp 323 with lg bp 420, need advice for installation, how can i get maximum perfection i mean perfect music/sound from this system, i would like to add lg PN 4500 plasma also, then in my mind i hope i can connect pen drive to BP then HDMI out to Plasma for Video and optical cable from BP to Amp for sound, am i correct? this will be good? any other perfect way? please help me.

I was going through the specifications of the tv you mentioned and it has a USB port of its own then why connect the device first to a BP and then to TV. Plug it directly to the TV.

Secondly, does this TV have a optical output? Again, couldnt spot in the specifications. If not then you can use the audio out to connect to the AVR however you will not 5.1 output.

What you can do is to connect the BP to the AVR and then from there connect it to the HDMI port on the TV. The sound will be sent directly to the AVR and then it will relay the video to the tv

Dear all,

Hi,

You can connect through HDMI only. No need to have optical cable.
Connect the BDP HDMI OUT to AVR323 HDMI IN.
AVR HDMI OUT to TV HDMI IN.

Dear Bajwa and Sunilkm thanks for the advice, but what is my confusion, in the BP HDMI port is written - HDMI out to TV - then it can be connect to AVR via HDMI?

As per my knoweldge TV is coming with optical output.

Dear Bajwa and Sunilkm thanks for the advice, but what is my confusion, in the BP HDMI port is written - HDMI out to TV - then it can be connect to AVR via HDMI?

As per my knoweldge TV is coming with optical output.

Hi Kristy,

The notation on Bluray player "HDMI out to TV" is because normally people will connect the BDP directly to TV. It can be connected to any equipment which can accept HDMI signal.

BDP HDMI OUT can be connected to any of the HDMI IN port of AVR.
Connect the HDMI OUT of AVR to HDMI port of the TV.

Dear Sunilkm thanks for the immediate response, today i will check the same and come back with result.

And any possibility we can connect our smart phone(samsung) or tab to the AVR by Aux?

Dear Sunilkm thanks for the immediate response, today i will check the same and come back with result.

And any possibility we can connect our smart phone(samsung) or tab to the AVR by Aux?

The 323 doesnt have a AUX input so you if you want to stream music from your phone, there are 2 ways you can try:

1. Use a Bluetooth Audio Receiver which you can plug into the USB port on the AVR and then stream music to the receiver using bluetooth.

2. Use a RCA cable to connect the phone to the AVR (the cable will connect to the port at the back of of the AVR)

Thanks Bajwa for the detailed reply, and i would like to ask RCA cable is enough to provide perfect sound? i heard HDMI and Optical cable will do better.

Dear Sunilkm and Bajwa thank you so much for all the help, today i will try the same what i learned from both of you and will come back tomorrow with my experience.

Dear friends yesterday i check as per your guidance, BP to AVR HDMI and Normal Video out to old TV (because till not finalized 3D Plasma or normal Plasma, confused between samsung 43 H4900 or LG PN 4500)

Please check my experience and am waiting for suggestions

After switching on BP and HT first i try to connect my samsung not 8 (5100) to BP USB Port but system not detect the device then i connect my pen drive to BP USB Port and played movies RUSH but i was not impressed with the sound then played Wrong turn that was good

Please help me to finalizing one plasma tv.

i notice that with my RS 33 system if i am connecting my laptop or BP in the AVR i need to select only DVD,

My confusion is why it is not working USB/Pen Drive mode? and what are the options/Mode i can select with BP, Laptop etc? only DVD?

My confusion is why it is not working USB/Pen Drive mode? and what are the options/Mode i can select with BP, Laptop etc? only DVD?

Where are you connecting the USB drive and what is the content you are trying to play from the USB drive? The AV receiver cannot play movies via the USB port. It is meant only for music.

What type of connection have you made to connect the Blu Ray player and laptop to the receiver?

I have a VSX-1122-K for two years now. It was only yesterday I discovered that you can pass through any source even if the receiver is switched off (Stand By). The default in the set up has been set to CBL/SAT so my Videocon set top box works even if the AVR is powered off. All this time, when I had to play a Blu ray disc, I kept switching on the AV receiver, even when there was no use for it. Yesterday, with the receiver in stand by, I pressed BD on the remote and that source was active as a pass through. No need to power on the receiver if an alternate source needs to pass through. Just hit the required source on the remote.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and i take this opportunity to Congratulate each one who own a Pioneer AVR. I am planning to take Pioneer HTP-RS49 HT System. Actually i had Yamaha in my mind. But the Pioneer looks and bulky system attracted me. I observed good difference between Yamaha(don't remember the model) and Pioneer especially in Bass.
With this AVR would like to watch Sci-Fi, Action movies, like to listen Rock and Old classical songs. Some Infotainment HD Channels in Airtel Dish TV.
Please share your views to make a final decision on this AVR.

Thanks.
AB

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back