Pioneer avr owners thread

Hi Friends,

Am also having Pioneer VSX1122.

Sony EX400|PC with ASUS Donar XG| Pioneer VSX 1122| Sonodyne Sonus 2605 v3

I am using Pioneer Htp Rs-33 for almost 5 month.The AV receiver is VSX 323.I found that in some songs which have good bass it sounded very good.Especially the bass is mind blowing.I Love its Bass.But in this system only bass is good.The clarity is not so good.Audio clarity is not crisp.My previous sound system was Logitech Z906.I found personally Logitech Z906 have far better performance than this pioneer rs33.Logitech Z906 sound is very crisp & clear and surround channels are awesome.But the Pioneer RS33 is dull.Pioneer Rs 33 plays good only on high bassy music.I am very disappointed with this system.Even Logitech Z906 a 17.5k system has better audio clarity than this 45k crap system.I think i losses my money.While taking demo in Reliance digital they plays high bassy songs and i love it..And then i purchase it.Actually i have never plan to buy AV receivers system.But in reviews of audio system i found AV receivers are far better than HTIB system.But from which aspects? Even i found Sony HTiv 300 performs better sometimes than this RS33 system.I think the culprit is the AV receiver VSX 323.Its a very basic model of pioneer.So can i buy an another AV receiver like Yamaha HTR3066 for this speakers package ?Also i found another system that is Yamaha YHT299 but i found it have low bass in demo.But the av receiver is too good in YHT 299..So can i buy Yamaha HTR3066 av receiver for my current RS33 speaker package ? Please give me your suggestion guys...Waiting for your favorable reply..Thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe some owner FM will oblige. If you have occasion to come to Nagpur, I'd be most happy to give you an audition.

Maybe some owner FM will oblige. If you have occasion to come to Nagpur, I'd be most happy to give you an audition.
Thanks for invitation.:)
I had brief listening to LX57 in whathifi show.It sounded good with on wall speakers.But it was not a dedicated demo.Let me try my lock here.

Hi,

I am new to this and have recently bought Pioneer VSX 524. This is my first HT so do not have any info on the setup and tweaks. Have couple of questions to get easy answers from the ones who are already using HT's and more knowledgeable than me.

1. While playing music from USB, how do I navigate thru the folders or the album names. When I navigate, its going from song to song and not able to find a way to go thru album name which would make it easy and quick to play the desired song.

2. The FM reception is poor and how do i improve the signal/reception.

3. Do we have any HDMI-USB adapters where we can connect the USB drive to the HDMI port?

4. Going thru the MCACC configuration, will it automatically adjust the settings like the distance, db(decibels), ohms, etc and many more little things that make a big difference?

5. I am not able to get the OSD displayed on my TV. I have a Sansui SJV42PH-XS which have got in-built STB box with composite ports.

6. And lastly I want to have the sound to be coming from the HT, I couldn't get it. Any help in this is highly appreciated.
Below are the screenshots.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. My avr remote is not working . any suggestion where can I get in Chennai or will any universal remote works????

Remote model: AXD7690
AVR VSX 323

regards
Karthik S

Recently bought the Pioneer VSX-524-K from singapore, so subscribing to this thread.

I had a 8-10 yrs old Onkyo TXSR603 which was giving me intermittent sound issues with center channel, so I had to change. But surprisingly I find the VSX524 giving new life to my 15 yrs old Bose AM5 speakers.

Hi,

I am new to this and have recently bought Pioneer VSX 524. This is my first HT so do not have any info on the setup and tweaks. Have couple of questions to get easy answers from the ones who are already using HT's and more knowledgeable than me.

1. While playing music from USB, how do I navigate thru the folders or the album names. When I navigate, its going from song to song and not able to find a way to go thru album name which would make it easy and quick to play the desired song.

2. The FM reception is poor and how do i improve the signal/reception.

3. Do we have any HDMI-USB adapters where we can connect the USB drive to the HDMI port?

4. Going thru the MCACC configuration, will it automatically adjust the settings like the distance, db(decibels), ohms, etc and many more little things that make a big difference?

5. I am not able to get the OSD displayed on my TV. I have a Sansui SJV42PH-XS which have got in-built STB box with composite ports.

6. And lastly I want to have the sound to be coming from the HT, I couldn't get it. Any help in this is highly appreciated.
Below are the screenshots.

Thanks

I also have the same model.

1. no option to navigate through the folders on the AVR
2. change the antenna position for good signal strength
3. why you want to have 2nd USB connected? when you already have one at the front.
4. I will suggest to configure it manually.. Speaker distance, db etc.. that will make a difference
5. OSD only comes when the ACR is connect to TV via analog cable & not on HDMI
6. Usually to get the sound out of AVR, the connection should be DTH/STB connected to AVR (HDMI/Coaxial), DVD/BDP connected to AVR (HDMI/Coaxial/analog) & Connect your TV to AVR at the TV out HDMI port. This way, all your Audio/Video signals will be coming to AVR where Audio is out to speakers & Video to TV. You can also watch your DTH/STB channels even when the AVR is on stand-by, simply select the correct source of your DTH/STB & enjoy.. AVR passess through the Audio & Video signals to TV when on stand-by.

Thanks,
Sachin.

Can anyone give an idea......I am planning of buying Pioneer VSX 930 in April but just yesterday I got the news as below:

New Pioneer receivers are releasing in April first week in the US

Pioneer has announced that its 2016 Elite receivers will include next-generation surround technologies Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in addition to Google Cast.

Pioneer outlined two new models in its Elite range -- the $500 LX101 and the $700 LX301 -- which offer 7x140W and 7x170W, respectively.

Both models support 4K video in whichever guise you want to tap in to it (60p/4:4:4) in addition to the all-important HDCP 2.2 copy protection.

The receivers offer the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X formats, though the latter is not scheduled till Fall 2016, in a 5.2.1 configuration (which includes two overheads).

So, should I wait and when this receivers will be available in India. kindly advise.

Dear members,
I am new to this hifi audio system. Owned harman kardon soudsticks 3 and sony htib previously. Presently thinking of buying pioneer fs sp52 floorstanding speakers and a avr for a stereo set up now. Later will upgrade to 5.1 as possible. My question is for a avr i have selected 3 models. Denon x500 pioneer vsx 524k or pioneer vsx 430k. Can any one advise which will be better?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back