Pioneer avr owners thread

I need pioneer rs 33 settings like speaker level etc please help......and till what limit should i crank the volume upto.......please help

Having Pioneer VSX-524-K with some denon speakers (Sys-1312)
I'm looking for a quality subwoofer or a decent 5.1 system,

What about Boston acoustic? , Are they a good deal.

Thanks for the advice but i already purchased rs-33....But now iam looking for another home theater for my dad.....I called Audio People in Hyderabad and they r quoting 75k for andrew jones apeakers with pioneer 823-k....Is it a good deal Iam very much satisfied with Rs 33 (Bass is awesome)....But my dad dont like that much bass.......

Thanks for the advice but i already purchased rs-33....But now iam looking for another home theater for my dad.....I called Audio People in Hyderabad and they r quoting 75k for andrew jones apeakers with pioneer 823-k....Is it a good deal Iam very much satisfied with Rs 33 (Bass is awesome)....But my dad dont like that much bass.......

that was a good deal. still, i prefer you to change the receiver to Denon x1000 or yamaha RX v 477.

AJ are great speakers at their price range. you can check my review here

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/53338-looking-budget-home-theater-45k.html

Hi

got really confused... shall I wait for RS43 or should I go with RS-33?

no idea when RS-43 will be available through Reliance Digital...

whats the difference between rs-33 and and rs-43. I am actually confused.

As mentioned by Nero9 the front speakers of RS-43 are more powerful. it has got two woofers in each speaker.

on the other hand, RS-33 has one woofer only (the other one is a passive radiator which is used for air vent)

hi sandeep/gautam,

I have one clarification. I m using tata sky HD, wen am watching HD channels like star movies , the dolby digital format audio clarity is nt upto the mark. I m keeping the volume to 55-66 still am harding feeling the effect or sound whereas i used to keep arnd 35-40 for USB movies in dolby pro logic format.

Any comments o nthis

Hi,
While using your HTB, go to channel selection, where you can set gain of the each channel, Ex: centre, SW, SR and Front channels.
keep it btwn 10 to 13(its according to my room size which is 15x15 dedicated home theatre room). after this settings you may keep your volume btwn 25 to 30. On HD channels as they are encoded and use DTS each channel has its own sound to play and voice normally comes only from centre, so you may feel the sound volume is low, but infact its not. if you watch movies on some HD channels if you are watching some action scene or songs on then you may feel the real DTS sorround, they are designed to work like that...;)

Hi All
I am getting Pioneer VSX 323 K for 19K
Is it a good deal??
Going to use with Boston Acoustics A25 speakers and with HTPC

Check if it has OSD through HDMI. Earlier models supported OSD (On Screen Display) only via composite - which could be a minor irritant while adjusting the settings

One of the main reasons why I did not opt for Pioneer about 2 years back - although price/performance wise it was good, was that the entry level receivers did not support OSD via HDMI :indifferent14:

Cheers
Athulan

no. it dont. for OSD you need to connect AV out (yellow) along with HDMI. But I dont think it is a negative thing....you need to connect two cables. thats all...

Having Pioneer VSX-524-K with some denon speakers (Sys-1312)
I'm looking for a quality subwoofer or a decent 5.1 system,

What about Boston acoustic? , Are they a good deal.

Hello Deep Vaidya - I am also on the lookout of sub for my system and there is a discussion going in regarding getting subwoofer in this thread-
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/54229-confused-about-subwoofers-one-more.html#post617923

You are most welcome to contribute to this please.

Thank you.

Cancelled my andrew jones speaker as the dealer said it will take more 20 days.....But he refused to give advance and was not even cancelling order then he settled on and i purchased harman/kardon mas-110.....It is good fell in love with the design.....For my rs.33 there was a prob. in woofer a click but reliance replaced it but again there was the same issue.....Finally my friend suggested me to buy a good sub cable I was not expecting it will help but to my surprise i bought bluerigger cable from amazon and it solved it:yahoo:.....

Now finally iam enjoying it fully.....I want to share something why people say that rs33 is not a good package what i think is it is the best deal for price.....Whats ur opinion

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back