Pioneer BDP-170 vs Pioneer BDP-450 vs Samsung BD-H6500

update: I've bought BDP-170 from our FM srikar2011.
I've noticed an instant upgrade on Audio quality comparing to my Samsung BD-H6500; especially when ACD and FLAC playback. VIDEO department is also better with tweaking the settings, but I felt, it is bit darker with good color depth out of the box. 3D had slight flickering issue but gone after changing the supplied free HDMI cable, and some settings tweaking.

My main reason for moving to this BDP-170 is to use this as a Audio CD player and FLAC player for music. Now I'm planning to test analogue sterio out to my avr.. Below is my setup:

Pioneer BDP-170; connected to my ONKYO 5.1 receiver by HDMI cable. I'm using this same setup for my stereo music (Audio CD/ FLAC from BDP to ONKYO to Pioneer FS-52 floor standers). I am thinking that if I use the BDP-170 stereo out to my ONKYO stereo, it may improve sound quality for music as BDP's DAC should work better than my ONKYO :rolleyes:
I need your advise on this, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Noble

Hi Guys, I shall be happy if you could help me with some solution to this -

I received this Pioneer BDP 170 yesteday from an Ebay seller. When I play 3D disk it says " This Blu Ray 3D disc requires a compatible 3D HDTV & 3D Blu Ray Player or a blu ray player that has been upgraded withe the necessary firmware to allow 3d flim playback. 2d playback is not available via this disk"

It does play the content sometime intermittently successfully ! but after some time same error comes up.

I have 1.4 v HDMI directly connected to BenQ 1070 3D projector.
When I upgrade the firmware of Pioneer 170 it says it is already updated.

The 3D disk is region free and plays all A,B,C

Pls help resolve my problem.

Have you tried playing the same disc in another 3D player? Alternatively try another disc in your player. The disc may be at fault.

The disc works fine but intermittently. Somehow it dosent recognize the projector or player to be 3D often.

update: I've bought BDP-170 from our FM srikar2011.
I've noticed an instant upgrade on Audio quality comparing to my Samsung BD-H6500; especially when ACD and FLAC playback. VIDEO department is also better with tweaking the settings, but I felt, it is bit darker with good color depth out of the box. 3D had slight flickering issue but gone after changing the supplied free HDMI cable, and some settings tweaking.

My main reason for moving to this BDP-170 is to use this as a Audio CD player and FLAC player for music. Now I'm planning to test analogue sterio out to my avr.. Below is my setup:

Pioneer BDP-170; connected to my ONKYO 5.1 receiver by HDMI cable. I'm using this same setup for my stereo music (Audio CD/ FLAC from BDP to ONKYO to Pioneer FS-52 floor standers). I am thinking that if I use the BDP-170 stereo out to my ONKYO stereo, it may improve sound quality for music as BDP's DAC should work better than my ONKYO :rolleyes:
I need your advise on this, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Noble

:):) thanks for your review dear. i was also going to buy Pioneer BDP 170 @ 12.5K. The dealer told me that it would not work with my 2TB hard disk and thats the biggest point as i m only buying this to play music by connecting it with my stereo amp. Please advise. :p

I received this Pioneer BDP 170 yesteday from an Ebay seller. When I play 3D disk it says " This Blu Ray 3D disc requires a compatible 3D HDTV & 3D Blu Ray Player or a blu ray player that has been upgraded withe the necessary firmware to allow 3d flim playback. 2d playback is not available via this disk"

It does play the content sometime intermittently successfully ! but after some time same error comes up.

Hi dear, is it works with 2TB HDD; as i am also going to by this and this is my only concern. :):)

hi, is this player supports 2TB HDD ?

I am using the previous version BDP-160 and not yet used all the features.
Mainly used it for Bluray and DVD disc playback only. While reading this thread came to know that we can stream music from phone to BDP.

I would like to know how to do this if I have some mp3 files in my android phone. Phone and BDP-160 is connected to home network using wifi.

Please guide me.

hi, my suggestion would be to go thru the settings of Video / display/TV/Audio in the player's settings / initial setup menu thoroughly. It may be a wrong settings only.

Regards

Hi all members, Pioneer BDP 170 works with 2TB HDD? as i am also going to buy this and this is my only query left to close the deal.

Can anyone let me know If I need to go for Lx55 or 170 as I am only playing the stereo and I just play music on my NAD beast.

Basically, i want to know the DAC in lx55 is better than bdp - 170 for stereo.

Regards,
S

I picked up samsung H6500 for 9250 yesterday.
So far more than happy with the performance. Plays any of the major file formats. Wifi, smart player.. apps...even has a web browser...really worth it

Hi Where did you purchase this at? Though the MRP is around 10K amazon shows 18K that is too much. I have a Samsung TV and Onkyo HT-SR800 so it will provide the 7.1channel output as well as Full HD for TV.

I am using Samsung h6500 blu Ray player for a while now. Plays all common video files from my ext 1 TB hard drive via USB. Now using plex app on the player along with plex server on my laptop to stream movies from laptop to the player via WiFi. Plex automatically downloads metadaa, posters, synopsis, rating from the internet. It also allows resume and keeps track of watched n unwatched content.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back