Pioneer BDP-450 3D/2D [ Region Free ] [ Multi Zone ] Blu-ray Disc Player

I queried and found this is imported from Singapore and has no local warranty.

Ok. what about this one from ebay (check the link below). Is that worth to buy? someone pl advice.

Hi...
Need advise in finalizing this BDP-450.

Pl see the link...
Pioneer BDP 450 3D 2D Region Free BLU RAY Disc Player 1 Year Warranty | eBay

Whether its worth to go for this. The seller quoting 25.3k and 10% off ebay coupon with shipping cost extra. I need 3d, region/zone free BR player with separate hdmi output for video and sound. I think it has all my requirement. only concern is about price!? is that worth to go for? or is there other alternate? TIA, Pl advice.

Last edited:
Ok. what about this one from ebay (check the link below). Is that worth to buy? someone pl advice.

Just go for the player from grey market for 12k or snapdeal etc.
Flash with Chinese custom firmware (available free). You will save lot of extra money.

Just go for the player from grey market for 12k or snapdeal etc.
Flash with Chinese custom firmware (available free). You will save lot of extra money.

Thanks for replying, though it was 2months old post.

Last month finally in a nutshell took BDP-170 for around 12k :cool: along with new HTiB Denon AVR-X510BT with sys5.1 :eek:hyeah:. No regrets!
So far awesome experience with blurays and HDD loads/opens/plays fast :licklips:.
And my word is Samsung BD H6500 is also worth to consider against this considering its price/features if BDP-450 seems more pricey (with bill).

Hi Guys,

What is the advantage of moving from 170 to 450? Is it only better build quality and extra HDMI? Or is there difference in video/Audio quality via HDMI/Coax?

170 is readily available everywhere but 450 is like a rare breed and has no wifi.
Does it make sense to go for the 450 anymore or is 170 a better choice?

Owners,

Is anyone using 450 for CD/Flac transport? Any chance you compared it with 170?

How is 450 doing with latest firmware for regular media playback and flac/CD transport?

Is the transport noisy during start up as mentioned elsewhere in different forums? Also is the player freezing randomly?

Basically is it a better buy right now for CD transport along with bluray viewing? HtStore has it in stock btw.

Pioneer has launched couple of new BD players all over the globe and they have got rave reviews does anybody know when it will be officially available in india. Pioneer (HK) Limited some details about DAC of BDP-LX58
Highly Precise D/A Conversion with ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9011)
Direct Function for Pure Analog Audio Output

i found out that both players are available (imported from singapore) with the below Chennai based dealer but he is quoting some crazy prices.

Afraah Electronics
Afraah Electronics, Perambur, Chennai

Last edited:
Pioneer has launched couple of new BD players all over the globe and they have got rave reviews does anybody know when it will be officially available in india. Pioneer (HK) Limited some details about DAC of BDP-LX58
Highly Precise D/A Conversion with ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9011)
Direct Function for Pure Analog Audio Output

i found out that both players are available (imported from singapore) with the below Chennai based dealer but he is quoting some crazy prices.

Afraah Electronics
Afraah Electronics, Perambur, Chennai

What he has is not BDP but AVR probably. Did you enquire properly?
Pioneer released LX58 and LX88 both in BDP and AVR. The price for AVR is close to 1L starting.

Hi Guys,

What is the advantage of moving from 170 to 450? Is it only better build quality and extra HDMI? Or is there difference in video/Audio quality via HDMI/Coax?

170 is readily available everywhere but 450 is like a rare breed and has no wifi.
Does it make sense to go for the 450 anymore or is 170 a better choice?

Owners,

Is anyone using 450 for CD/Flac transport? Any chance you compared it with 170?

How is 450 doing with latest firmware for regular media playback and flac/CD transport?

Is the transport noisy during start up as mentioned elsewhere in different forums? Also is the player freezing randomly?

Basically is it a better buy right now for CD transport along with bluray viewing? HtStore has it in stock btw.

Hi blasto, let me say what I experience with my bdp450.
1. Physical appearance and build quality - very good
2. Picture quality- very very good.the specification is that it has the same video processor like oppo. Has two hdmi out which can be used for direct TV connection and anther one for sound processing thru AVR. I preferred the video direct to TV as it beats my sony AVR's video processor in picture clarity.
3. Audio, yes, I use it as transport to rlink and to Yamaha as500 and the result is way ahead of my sony AVR which has the DAC at 96/24( no analouge output) I play mostly only aac files purchased from iTunes and MP3 @320kbps/256kbps some times CDs

So, for me, the pioneer bdp450 is a very very good BDP as well as a cd transport but only If you could live with the irritating time lag of its response to remote control.

Regards

Can anyone able to display album art while playing music file (from lan connection). Shed some light how to do it.

Hi there, I am new to this forum. I have been reading and following this thread.

Thanks to the advice, I have bought the BDP-450 and am very happy with it.

Some of you mention that there is a custom firmware for sale that makes it possible to play BDMV folders from the USB stick. I would love to install it. Any suggestion as to where I can buy it? Please PM, would be very much appreciated.

I have PMd you. For benifit of others the CFW can be downloaded here

If its 2.05 then I think you can directly upgrade to CFW 4.0.4.

Read the instructions in the word document carefully before acting.

Hi there,

I'm in the UK and just bought myself a Pioneer BDP-450 this afternoon.

I've joined the forum just to say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the link you supplied for a very informative and perfectly explained 'how to' guide on setting up the 450 to be MR. Good man! :)

I have PMd you. For benifit of others the CFW can be downloaded here

If its 2.05 then I think you can directly upgrade to CFW 4.0.4.

Read the instructions in the word document carefully before acting.

Hi
I tried the above. I reached till the point I get v4.04 on the sys info on my BDP 450, got the mac and serial no. Then tried to run MTKpio.exe but couldn't find any files in the extracted folder of MTKpio.exe. When I click on the exe file it goes to unzip but I can't find any files in the newly created folder.

7) Armed with the MAC address (to uniquely identify your player) as well as the serial number, you will need to fire up a software-based program called "MTKPio.exe" - now some AV programs or SmartScreen by Windows OS may prevent it from running - so you may want to disable the AV program screening feature for a minute to run this program. Once the program fires up, go to the last tab that says 'Unlock" and then input the MAC address and the serial number into the respective fields. Then hit on <Generate>. Next you will see 16 numbers populating the 4 x 4 cubic below. Jot it down on a piece of paper and then head over to the bluray player.

I use a macair. Can this be run only on Windows?

TIA

Back