Pioneer BDP-450 3D/2D [ Region Free ] [ Multi Zone ] Blu-ray Disc Player

I have PMd you. For benifit of others the CFW can be downloaded here

If its 2.05 then I think you can directly upgrade to CFW 4.0.4.

Read the instructions in the word document carefully before acting.

Anything can be done for version 2.12? Even Googled but could not come up with a reliable solution.

I recently bought this Blu-ray player (v2.09) and flashed the cfw v4.04 after downgrading to v2.05.

Originally it had the "web Content" available in the "Home Menu" But after downgrading to v2.05 this option was no longer available!

Even after flashing to cfw 4.04 this version is still unavailable.
Did anyone face the same issue?

Has anyone upgraded to cfw 5.1? Do you know link to firmware activator?

BTW there's one HD video (MKV) which does not play on this player (even on original firmware). Is it possible for anyone to try and let me know if it works for you? The size is about 550mb. PM me and I shall send you the link. Thanks.

hi, i tried the link. It finally end up to a page in chinese. After that I could not proceed further. Can u provide any instruction to be followed for downloading that file.

Regards
pakecc

Have sent you another link by PM

I have installed Russian paid version now ($40). Which I purchased from Ebay.
The seller offers very good communication & support.

The Chinese version removes the "Web Content", but same still available on Russian version! Also Chinese version does not support SMB/CIFS. But available on Russian.

I am still to try the NFS server settings on PC to stream BDMV folders or ISO images. But it works well from external HDD.

"Play DVD-ISO (BDP-450/62FD, BDP-LX55), BD3D ISO, SACD ISO, BDMV and many other formats on your local network via SAMBA, NFS, DLNA or USB-hard drive or flash drive while supporting a full BD menu. CINAVIA copy protection is also removed by the firmware."

I have installed Russian paid version now ($40). Which I purchased from Ebay.
The seller offers very good communication & support.

The Chinese version removes the "Web Content", but same still available on Russian version! Also Chinese version does not support SMB/CIFS. But available on Russian.

I am still to try the NFS server settings on PC to stream BDMV folders or ISO images. But it works well from external HDD.

"Play DVD-ISO (BDP-450/62FD, BDP-LX55), BD3D ISO, SACD ISO, BDMV and many other formats on your local network via SAMBA, NFS, DLNA or USB-hard drive or flash drive while supporting a full BD menu. CINAVIA copy protection is also removed by the firmware."

hi, have you tried playing any of those local Bluray movie disc which comes for rs. 200 . Afer CFW 4.04, I still get "unknown disc" error. In original factory FW V2.12, some disc were showing this error and some will play but cinivia error message will get displayed frequently.

But all these discs were playing very fine with the original FW V2.09.

Rgds

Thanks. Installed the CFW4.04 successfully . Regards.

After flashing to CFW 4.04, I could verify the features now only.

I created ISO image file from all those BDs which are all showing UNKNOWNDISC error and copied in External Hard drive. Since the ISO file is an exact copy of the disc, all the features as in the disc are played by the player now. It also plays flawlessly, the ISO file created from the disc having CINAVIA protection too. And the loading time from the external hard drive is much much shorter than the DISC loading time.

So as of now, my BDP450 , CFW 4.04, confirmed the features like playing BD ISO FILES and CINAVIA Removal.

Yet to get CONFIRMED - 3D ISO, Streaming ISO thru NFS, other REGION CODED DISC.

After flashing to CFW 4.04, I could verify the features now only.

I created ISO image file from all those BDs which are all showing UNKNOWNDISC error and copied in External Hard drive. Since the ISO file is an exact copy of the disc, all the features as in the disc are played by the player now. It also plays flawlessly, the ISO file created from the disc having CINAVIA protection too. And the loading time from the external hard drive is much much shorter than the DISC loading time.

So as of now, my BDP450 , CFW 4.04, confirmed the features like playing BD ISO FILES and CINAVIA Removal.

Yet to get CONFIRMED - 3D ISO, Streaming ISO thru NFS, other REGION CODED DISC.

can u pls check whether the player can play .flac over network after upgrade.

thank u
manofernando

can u pls check whether the player can play .flac over network after upgrade.

thank u
manofernando

Hi, I'm yet to setup the network which I planned on coming Saturday after deep avail.

Present status - 3D ISO from 1TB HDD plays perfectly

Reds

Last edited:
Guys, I have the BDP-450. What is the cheapest solution to connect it to the network? Pioneer's Wifi adapter is expensive? Please do let me know.

Last edited:
Hi...
Need advise in finalizing this BDP-450.

Pl see the link...
Pioneer BDP 450 3D 2D Region Free BLU RAY Disc Player 1 Year Warranty | eBay

Whether its worth to go for this. The seller quoting 25.3k and 10% off ebay coupon with shipping cost extra. I need 3d, region/zone free BR player with separate hdmi output for video and sound. I think it has all my requirement. only concern is about price!? is that worth to go for? or is there other alternate? TIA, Pl advice.

ok.. This can be flashed with a new firmware.

If it has firmware 2.09 or below it can be freely upgraded to cfw 4.0.4

Any other version i believe can only be done through paid options available elsewhere (ebay etc).

There is no way you can know default cfw unless you buy the product and power it on... there are some hints by FMs that prior to oct/nov 2012 mfg date etc but that detail is printed on box of the product and unless you buy it you cant verify it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back