Pioneer BDP-450 3D/2D [ Region Free ] [ Multi Zone ] Blu-ray Disc Player

Install custom firmware on it. There is a thread about it at avsforum.com

@wonder
I am unsure if you suggesting a player or are you also looking for one:confused:. The OP is for region free version. Your suggestions are region A locked.

I have very recently bought a region A player from Grand Deal on eBay.in. Have not really started using it due to ongoing renovation which is nearly finished now. These things take so much longer than anticipated!:mad:
Have just tested it with a few video and photo files on a 1TB HDD (NTFS). All files played but only there was some delay in start of play after selecting the file.
Have downloaded the manual from Pioneer UK site.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xeg9jqvs9au3htp/Pioneer BDP-450_-150_-150-K_-150-S.pdf

I have read that both 450 and 150m can be made region free by installing custom firmware which is available for free. Please browse avsforum threads as suggested by manoj.

Installing the custom firmware makes the player not only region free, but can make it like a mini media player. It's UI is not that great, but it can play 3D iso, SACD iso, DVD-Audio iso (bdp-450) and lot other things.

bdp-450 also supports network iso play after custom firmware. Thats a very good value if you want to defeat cinavia and have all the bd iso stored in NAS.

Well, I had some bestbuy rewards expiring on 31st Oct, so I went to a local store thinking of using them. Could not find anything to buy, so was about to leave. Just then, I noticed an open box Pioneer 62 for sale and picked it up. It does not have a remote, but that's okay. I have harmony and it controls it without problem.

got it home and loaded the custom firmware. Haven't done much testing it, but will go through paces.

Hi Manoj
If I were to get the 450, how difficult would it be to load the custom firmware? Also have heard that the player cannot be updated any more once the custom firmware is loaded.

Am having a sherwood which can play all the regions and a sony 370 bdp...I am thinking to buy a good bdp and sell off these two.....:)

On a side note, for audio playback this can only act as a transport - the player lacks analog out. if need a AVR with HDMI 1.2 or above to take advantage of hi rez formats like SACD & DVD-A

Thx

On a side note, for audio playback this can only act as a transport - the player lacks analog out. if need a AVR with HDMI 1.2 or above to take advantage of hi rez formats like SACD & DVD-A

Thx

You might be able to get the Pioneer BDP-440 which has analogue outs but sacrifices QDEO processing for DVD playback.

Well. its got a coax out. So a DAC can be interposed to connect to a stereo amp.
And it does play virtually anything thrown at it, both on disc and USB!

Happen to this Ad. in Quckr. Chennai Location.
--
Condition: New
Pioneer BDP 160 9300 RS
PIONEER BDP 450 10000 RS
PIONEER VSX 822K 24000 RS
PIONEER VSX 922K 28000 RS
PIONEER VSX 522K 14500 RS
PIONEER HTZ 322BD 25000 RS
PIONEER LX 55 15000 RS
PIONEER HTP 071 22000 RS
PANASONIC 3DT320GA 3D PLAYER 9000 RS
---
prices seems to be very low.

good news! finally I could make BDP 450 region free for both DVD and BD. After the purchase from ebay.in I tried different CFWs (even russian) but unfortunately the factory FW 2.09 could not be flushed. Then I saw this

Pioneer BDP 150 140 440 450 LX55 Custom FW Support BD3D ISO Sacdiso SMB NFS 4988028139505 | eBay

I took the plunge and bought it, the seller send me two CFWs - first one- intermediate and the main one - the russian CFW V 5.10, I installed them successfully, though the seller gave a neat and detailed readme file I didn't need any as the menu didn't change to Russian, it remained english, after the installation I got the activation key from the seller, once the activation was made the BD region change menu appeared, lots of other features such as BD 2D/3D ISO playback etc. are also present, but frankly I don't care much other than A+B+C playback

I have checked with region locked A and B (total five discs) and they played well after the manual change of the region in the menu.

Till now I found this was the most cost effective A+B+C 3D BDP, one thing I have noticed that the DVD upscaling of this player is excellent

but unfortunately the factory FW 2.09 could not be flushed. Then I saw this

This is not entirely true.

I just got my BDP-450 delivered with factory fw 2.0.9

I have installed CFW 4.0.4 without any issues.

The process involves downgrading the fw and then updating again with CFW 4.0.4.

Where to find those files its easy if you google aroundor in avsforum(am not sure if i can post other forum links here)

PM me if anyone interested.

This does not involve any extra cost as long as you are ok with cfw 4.0.4 (which i believe sufficient for most of the users).

It costs if one want to move on to latest cfw 5.1.0 as they need to purchase activation key.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back