pioneer CS 991

Hello Sir,

We have various factors to consider when coming to buying decision. What is the Condition, Asking Prize +Your source and genre of Music you listen too +Do you have much space for Room etc.
So whats are your answers :)

Hello Sir,

We have various factors to consider when coming to buying decision. What is the Condition, Asking Prize +Your source and genre of Music you listen too +Do you have much space for Room etc.
So whats are your answers :)

Dear sir

condition on the outer looks good. asking price is 17000/-. its sourced from a secondhand dealer in audio electronics, seen the unit and auditioned too.he did not have a matching amp so was not impressed with the output ,but looks good.i listen to indian film songs, classical,blues and rock n roll music........
regards
Srinivasan

My personal opinion would be stay away from Such Vintage gear that too its over Prized.I got to know that Pioneer's HPM 100 to be the best of their speaker Line like we believe or hear Yaamaha NS1000 to be the best,Itself come to the prize range.

Max go for 5000-8000,In case every driver is working fine and cosmetically neat+it impress you Also what is the amp you planning to match with them?

Just carry the amp and try audition, then decide.

When you see inside, you may come to know to buy it or not.
If some one touched more than two times, let it go............
Vintage gear brings lot of troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear sir

condition on the outer looks good. asking price is 17000/-. its sourced from a secondhand dealer in audio electronics, seen the unit and auditioned too.he did not have a matching amp so was not impressed with the output ,but looks good.i listen to indian film songs, classical,blues and rock n roll music........
regards
Srinivasan

My humble two bits-

17k is a high price for a vintage speaker set. A collectable set of speakers could command such price.. maybe even higher. If these were collectable, more information should have been available on the net. Since these are with a dealer, depending on the interest he has received and the amount of time he has these in stock, he would be willing to negotiate.

Check the back screws on the cabinet. if front grill opens, check the screws used for mounting the drivers.. That should be an indicator of the originality.

Do consider the speaker ratings as well. That beefy Sansui mentioned in your signature puts out about 100wpc i believe.. Vintage speakers typically handle less power but are more sensitive.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back