Pioneer DV 600/610 - How Tos..?

Guys,

Plz chk those songs in u'r PC with file extn nomenclature. Sometimes downld songs have extns as .MP3 (UPPER CASE). If so then convert these songs using Jet Audio Premium or any other software to .mp3 ( lower case ). Just a simple conversion to mp3 would make them to .mp3 ( in any bitrate of u'r choice).

Once I faced this problem in Itunes where IPOD classic could not play the songs with .MP3 extensions.

Try this if it works.

Guys,

Plz chk those songs in u'r PC with file extn nomenclature. Sometimes downld songs have extns as .MP3 (UPPER CASE). If so then convert these songs using Jet Audio Premium or any other software to .mp3 ( lower case ). Just a simple conversion to mp3 would make them to .mp3 ( in any bitrate of u'r choice).

Once I faced this problem in Itunes where IPOD classic could not play the songs with .MP3 extensions.

Try this if it works.
If that is an issue with the file extension case, then wouldn't it also work if we just rename the file "somesong.MP3" to somesong.mp3"?

The problem lies somewhere else. I have downloaded an entire album which uses the same conventions for naming each track and still some tracks are unplayable. Will try reducing the file name length today. Couldn't do it yesterday; reached home late :(

The problem lies somewhere else. I have downloaded an entire album which uses the same conventions for naming each track and still some tracks are unplayable. Will try reducing the file name length today. Couldn't do it yesterday; reached home late :(

I also download the whole albums using torrents. What baffles me is that the older machine can play the same tracks which the newer cannot play.

Is there any way to play wav files on the 610? I have several flac files which I have to compulsorily burn as Audio CD to listen on the player. If I convert the files to wav and try to play via USB, the player refuses to recognize the wav files.

I reduced the track name to just one character; still it refuses to play.

Oh. Then thats something to do with the chipset or firmware. I have also compared the songs properties and everything seems to be fine. Dunno what is it. I am still waiting for any response from Pioneer people though I doubt they will call..

I have also faced the same thing in 610. if your mp3 ss 128 kbps it will play without any problems. i tried 192 bit rate or variable bit rate it refuses to play.

Pioneer DVD 610 is a great VFM DVD player but its USB feature is good for nothing. You can;t even play vob files through USB

Thanks,
Prakash.

Last edited:
Guys any updates on this. BTW I tried the "problematic" mp3's on CD-R as well as via USB and the player refuses to play. The CD-R mp3 plays successfully on my DV-676....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back