Pioneer Elite N-50 : my latest acquisition

srisaikat

I am little confused whether it is the right section to share about Pioneer Elite N-50, but the reason as it was acquired - it's 'superior' DAC section.

Whether it is 'superior' or not, I will reserve my opinion for future. Right now I want to share some pictures and quick impression. It was imported from Germany (As per seller it was Demo piece).

It's weight 8 kg. Isn't it little heavy for it's function? To me - yes it is (DACs I have used till now).

Where were those Bass textured hidden till date:D? Feeling like ride on 1.8L Mercedes-Benz :licklips: after riding so many years on Maruti 800. Great Power with great control. Now I can guess the reason of it's weight.

Sorry for poor pictures, money draining out on audio gears, I think it is time to spend some on decent camera mobile ;).

Right after opening the box-

3_zpsfiqwcm0r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2_zpscpjyacbo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In Action-

1_zpscws7l7h4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrat's. Enjoy your N-50. It's a nice piece of kit.

It's weight 8 kg. Isn't it little heavy for it's function? To me - yes it is (DACs I have used till now).

There's a real big heavy plate at the bottom of the device, plus dual transformers in it. The thing's built like a tank, apparently for stability and all per Pioneer's claims.

Approximately 38k. Procurement & shipping cost is quite high from Europe compared to US, but it is worthy as it come as 230V version.

I have to admit, Pioneer BDP-170 gave me confidence on Pioneer Brand.

My story this time was going to become almost scary! Fortunately it landed on my door step safely after 40 days of payment, 8 days in German Ground, 8 days in between two countries, 23 days in Kolkata Customs, Finally release & next day delivery.

I was informed that DHL Germany was on strike (Union). I was to furnish a paypal claim if it had not been delivered within next 10 days.

I have not suffered so much till now even when imported items from China.

Last edited:
My God ! 40 days!
You already know my story with the Emotiva DAC, if this was me I don't know what I would have done.

How does this one compare to the Audio-GD and Gungnir?

I will take little time to share listening impression properly. From my experience, first impression usually faded away very fast. At this moment I can tell it's sound very promising, not ear bleeding, sweet mid, especially the bass is articulate among the DACs so far I experienced.

Back