Pioneer HTP-RS3 / HTP-RS7

vigneshprabhu

Hi,

I am looking for a home theater and just auditioned Pioneer HTP-RS3 / HTP-RS7.
Couldn't find any info on this. Any comments on these ?
It seemed pretty decent for a price tag of 46K for HTP-RS3 and 52K for HTP-RS7. Both include a Pioneer DVD player.
In general how is Pioneer in terms of Home audio.

Hi,

I am looking for a home theater and just auditioned Pioneer HTP-RS3 / HTP-RS7.
Couldn't find any info on this. Any comments on these ?
It seemed pretty decent for a price tag of 46K for HTP-RS3 and 52K for HTP-RS7. Both include a Pioneer DVD player.
In general how is Pioneer in terms of Home audio.

boss you just started a thread http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...8-need-help-building-custom-home-theater.html with the same query.

Can you please use just one for your query.

BTW if you like music from computer speakers i.e. enhanced highs and lows - please go and buy this. In case not - please refrain from this and buy a suitable component system over time.

PS: Mods please delete this post.....

boss you just started a thread http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...8-need-help-building-custom-home-theater.html with the same query.

Can you please use just one for your query.

BTW if you like music from computer speakers i.e. enhanced highs and lows - please go and buy this. In case not - please refrain from this and buy a suitable component system over time.

PS: Mods please delete this post.....

I did not find any reviews or opinions on Pioneer HTP-RS3 / HTP-RS7. That is why i thought it would be good to start a separate thread for this. Dint want to mix it with a component system requirement. Sorry for the trouble.

I happened to come across this setup at Vijay Sales in Bombay
The system seemed to be bass heavy - so the movie being played sounded impressive. (Have to say, the 15" subwoofer looks kickass !!)

However someone else was getting the demo and he didnt seem too interested in checking out the musical aspects of the package, so cant comment on that

More importantly, the system was priced at Rs 37K inclusive of everything. Looks like a good deal for someone with a movies bias

I happened to come across this setup at Vijay Sales in Bombay
The system seemed to be bass heavy - so the movie being played sounded impressive. (Have to say, the 15" subwoofer looks kickass !!)

However someone else was getting the demo and he didnt seem too interested in checking out the musical aspects of the package, so cant comment on that

More importantly, the system was priced at Rs 37K inclusive of everything. Looks like a good deal for someone with a movies bias

U mean 37K inclusive AVR and DVD player ?
which model was the avr and player ?

boss audition it - if you like it buy it. But understand most HTiBs are a compromise and most (from sony, samsung etc) cannot be upgraded because of propitiatory speaker connectors. They are acceptable and decent with movies but with music they are plain bad.

Mention a budget and you pref. in movies n music (%) - this is important.

I happened to be an Pioneer store on saturday. Went there to fix something in my DVDP. There they were playing this system loud. Personally after sometime my ears were bleeding. The bass and highs were so accentuated that I felt that this system is only good for playing loud in parties and other occasions. For normal movie/music performance this is a big no-no.

I have finally made my purchase.
I bought Pioneer RS7 with Pioneer VSX-817-S.
I got the entire system for 41K.
The sound clarity and the 12 inch sub is mind blowing both for movies and music. I could not find a better 5.1 system for this budget.
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. The journey for the hunt of HT has been awesome. Learn't lots of new things during this phase.

Attached is the image of my setup

Attachments

• RS7Front.jpg
    RS7Front.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 114
@ Vigneshprabhu - Congrats! From the picture, I can't make out if there is space above the AVR. AVRs generate a lot of heat and need breathing space so to speak. Ensure that there is enough space above the unit. Enjoy:)

Congrats Vignesh. I just saw the thread and was also wanting to audition this for a friend. How is the music performance?

Its very good. Clear vocals and deep bass. However if you dont like deep bass you can reduce the vol on the sub :eek:hyeah:
I would suggest you to go for a audition. I felt it was VFM.

@ Vigneshprabhu - Congrats! From the picture, I can't make out if there is space above the AVR. AVRs generate a lot of heat and need breathing space so to speak. Ensure that there is enough space above the unit. Enjoy:)

Yes as u mentioned space is very limited in there. Ill try and do something about it. Thanks !!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back