Pioneer sa-606 VU-meter lamps

tompa5

Hi there. Sweden calling :)

Today I recieved my own Pioneer sa-606 with what the seller said would be burnt out VU-meter lamps.
But I get no current to the lamps when testing? The VU-meters are working prefect but when I try with a volt-meter i get nothing from the cords that go to the lamps.

I also tried with a LED (blue diod with a 150 ohm resistor) but not a sign what so ever.
I'm not an electrician so troubleshooting goes to checking fuses and such.

Any ideas?
appreciate all help here

does the Power LED light up? (asking because in a weird way, the power LED should be on for the VU meter bulb supply to work)
did you connect the LED in the right polarity?

worst case you can make your own power supply circuit by taking a tap somewhere from the DC output and power them independently.
The correct bulbs are no longer available as you need 6v 50ma bulbs

did you connect the LED in the right polarity?

First rookie mistake is often the most dumb one.
i thought i had it the right way a couple of times, wrote this thread and after that took a coffee break, flipped the LED and it worked like a charm.

2.jpg

4.jpg

And of course, Im sorry I didn't check that before posting.
Thanks for your help greenhorn.
I used a 5mm 400mcd , 3,0-3,6 V, 20 mA blue led

yeah, i saw your piece there andit helped me out some :)
I chose one LED, pointed townwards and a 150 ohm resistor. We'll se how long she lasts. If she blows these LEDs I'll still have 23 LEDs left to play with.
Perhaps go for a resistor with larger capacity(?) (sorry about the grammar errors).

Anyhow, as soon as my Fostex FE-126 speakers arrive I'll mount them in my soon to be finished BK12 folded horns and then I'll let her stretch her legs a bit.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back