Pioneer Todoroki - Home Entertainment Systems

denom

Banned
Banned
Just came across 'Pioneer India' website & saw their 'Todoroki Home Entertainment Systems'
Todoroki - Home Entertainment Systems

Does anyone in the forum own one of these or have auditioned them???
Have written to the 'Pioneer India' Head Office asking them for details & of the dealers of their product, await their reply....:cool:

Did not audition it seriously.

But, looks big and the AVR was 319 series ... either old issue or made for this system only. This is very good for parties, discos, and if you are attuned to have 'rave' programs at home with a number of hot ones :p clinging on to you for solace .... :lol:.

The thump and bass is way higher to do justice to 'fine' music one gets addicted to with less sub power and moderate speakers.

127Todorki-image123.jpg

I've heard them (not an audition) here in chennai (5.1 Digitalpark).I actually went to see the Onkyo-6200 package for a friend of mine. The dealer said these Pioneer Todoroki's were new and much better compared to onkyo.
So we asked for a demo.The demo room was good with some room acoustic.
These todoroki's can be compared directly with Sony's Muteki. The tower speakers supplied are very light weight.And the sound was very treble heavy and almost painful to listen.The towers actually didn't give out enough bass given the size of the speakers. Mid-range, my ears were ringing.I literally ran outta the room. After that I heard the 6200, there is no comparison. If I remember correctly the price was around 45k for todoroki's and at this price I think the Onkyo sound quality was in a different league.
But all these are my observations.May be the demo model was not setup properly.The major damper was the build & quality of the speakers.For the asking price it did not seem to be a good buy.
Note: It was not a complete audition but a more casual listen.
window shopping:D

Cheers
Samuel

I have heard the todoroki system aswell, it's comparable to the muteki ddw5500 from sony only it has one active sub adn sony ddw5500 has two passives.

Sony is boomy, pioneer's is harsh.

Neither are worth their money unless you want it for the looks ( which by themselves look very unsophisticated and kiddy )

:D
Maybe thats why Pioneer India are not actively pushing the todoroki's....
Was just curious about them, since they appeared on the website.....

BTW, do Sony's Muteki DW5500 also sail in the same boat??? :p

Hi Denom!(BTW are you the elder bro of Denon?:D Just kidding mate:))

If you want to go the HTiB way go the Onkyo route.Sure they are not good for music but HTiB's are meant for HT right? Even the entry level Onkyos do pretty decent job for a medium sized rooms.

cheers,
sri

I think the question here is quality vs quantity, someone wanting the loudness of an ht without spl or acoustics aka noise ( but the avg person has no clue ) will be like wow at a muteki or ddw5500, bigger =/= better at all. Infact even tiny speakers can deliver "quality" so other than looks and noise, I see no other reasons to buy either todoroki or muteki.

Hi Denom!(BTW are you the elder bro of Denon?:D Just kidding mate:))

If you want to go the HTiB way go the Onkyo route.Sure they are not good for music but HTiB's are meant for HT right? Even the entry level Onkyos do pretty decent job for a medium sized rooms.

cheers,
sri

I am the elder brother of Demon!:lol:

I have no intention of going in for a HTiB, just wanted to get gyaan from the knowledgeable folks out here:clapping:

I prefer the simple set up of AMP/SPEAKERS/CDP/CASSETTE PLAYER:cool:

Saw the Todoroki today @ reliance digital.... just saw the speakers & that was it!!!
They looked so cheap that I did not even bother for a demo. CASE CLOSED! :D

Since the 'Mu te ki' HT-DDW5500 was also present in another demo room of reliance digital, decided to check it out, the tower & centre speakers looked much better & hence decided to give them a listen. Sales guy puts in a dvd, starts with a movie to which i immediately tell him to STOP! Music CD loaded & it becomes apparent that the left tower is 'DEAD', he keeps fiddling with the receiver & such but no luck.... I just casually take a look at the back side of the tower & see that No wire is connected :D Sheepish grin from the sales guy & he sets about connecting the speaker with wire;) then i see the wires, they are just like telephone wires, I kid you not:cool:
Anyway to cut a long story short, I listened to the muteki & came away with the foll impressions:-
1) Seriously Loud Noise
2) Ideal for someone wanting a mini discoteque at home
3) 2 Sub woofers surely are overkill :rolleyes: Separate subwoofer controller with 'cheap blue & red lights' flickering to denote level of bass
4) Centre Speakers overworked
5) Rear Speakers Plain Junk

At 44000/- it sure is a lot of kit & will require a suitably large area to do justice...
Interesting option for those looking at Home Theatre's

Well... have heard both of 'em and I must say my views are different. The target audience for both Muteki and Todoroki are similar and hence the similarity in their design approach. I own a Muteki myself (DDW5000) along with an Onkyo S3200 in a different room. They sure have killed the 5000 by adding an extra blue-red light sub-woofer analyzer unit to it in the 5500.

But, for all those who scream to stop the playback at a Muteki demo... think twice. I have them both and keep trying movies on both to find out which sounds better. The THD on Muteki surely is high but it has been kept that way for a reason. One reason why the demos fail for Muteki is that in almost all places the setup is not done the right way and it sure ends up sounding like crap. Particularly coz the margin at which they can sell a Sony is very little compared to an Onkyo. The price quoted to me for the Onkyo was 75k and i finally got it for 38k. Thats the kind of margin that they work on. The dealers are particularly not interested in setting these speakers up. But trust me, once they are set up right and with any DTS/DTS ES content, they can blow your mind away. For action movies/horror flicks/rock concerts, it does not get better than Muteki. However, drama, classical/semi-classical/neo-classical music, etc. sure sounds way better on the Onkyo.

Please do not dis-regard a product till you have given it some patient listening.

Pioneer India's product catalog is very pathetic compared to their global catalog.

Well... have heard both of 'em and I must say my views are different. The target audience for both Muteki and Todoroki are similar and hence the similarity in their design approach. I own a Muteki myself (DDW5000) along with an Onkyo S3200 in a different room. They sure have killed the 5000 by adding an extra blue-red light sub-woofer analyzer unit to it in the 5500.

But, for all those who scream to stop the playback at a Muteki demo... think twice. I have them both and keep trying movies on both to find out which sounds better. The THD on Muteki surely is high but it has been kept that way for a reason. One reason why the demos fail for Muteki is that in almost all places the setup is not done the right way and it sure ends up sounding like crap. Particularly coz the margin at which they can sell a Sony is very little compared to an Onkyo. The price quoted to me for the Onkyo was 75k and i finally got it for 38k. Thats the kind of margin that they work on. The dealers are particularly not interested in setting these speakers up. But trust me, once they are set up right and with any DTS/DTS ES content, they can blow your mind away. For action movies/horror flicks/rock concerts, it does not get better than Muteki. However, drama, classical/semi-classical/neo-classical music, etc. sure sounds way better on the Onkyo.

Please do not dis-regard a product till you have given it some patient listening.

Hey, to each his own....:indifferent14:
IF you are happy with the mu te ki, so be it.....:)

Don't know about the looks but could'nt they have come up with a decent sounding product name...I mean Mu te ki sound very rude, abusive and indecent in whichever way I try and pronounce it....

Pioneer is up there for pro audio stuff, not sure about home audio. Most jap companies I dont think believe too much in the power of the web. They seem to have pathetic web strategies..Not one single cohesive site for proper information. The pioneer india site sucks is an understatement. But there is no way to escalate this to anyone else. I have sent mails to Asia/Sing site (no response) US site (no response) India site (responded after days and then left with promise of more info, and predictably no response after that). They survive purely on product quality. Thats it. They never learn. They have multiple sites, but no single point of convergence for the group.

^ +1 I too contacted their haryana office, but no word from them yet...

127Todorki-image123.jpg

I've heard them (not an audition) here in chennai (5.1 Digitalpark).I actually went to see the Onkyo-6200 package for a friend of mine. The dealer said these Pioneer Todoroki's were new and much better compared to onkyo.
So we asked for a demo.The demo room was good with some room acoustic.
These todoroki's can be compared directly with Sony's Muteki. The tower speakers supplied are very light weight.And the sound was very treble heavy and almost painful to listen.The towers actually didn't give out enough bass given the size of the speakers. Mid-range, my ears were ringing.I literally ran outta the room. After that I heard the 6200, there is no comparison. If I remember correctly the price was around 45k for todoroki's and at this price I think the Onkyo sound quality was in a different league.
But all these are my observations.May be the demo model was not setup properly.The major damper was the build & quality of the speakers.For the asking price it did not seem to be a good buy.
Note: It was not a complete audition but a more casual listen.
window shopping:D

Cheers
Samuel

Hey samuel im confused between these two sony ddw5500(muteki) and onkyo s6200 which one do you think i should go for...and also do you know of any other HTIB in the price range of rs.40000 to rs.50000

Or maybe they don't give a flying **** :eek:hyeah:
Pioneer is up there for pro audio stuff, not sure about home audio. Most jap companies I dont think believe too much in the power of the web. They seem to have pathetic web strategies..Not one single cohesive site for proper information. The pioneer india site sucks is an understatement. But there is no way to escalate this to anyone else. I have sent mails to Asia/Sing site (no response) US site (no response) India site (responded after days and then left with promise of more info, and predictably no response after that). They survive purely on product quality. Thats it. They never learn. They have multiple sites, but no single point of convergence for the group.

reviving this thread cause i am getting the Todoroki for rs. 32000.

is that a good buy or should i go for Jamo S 408 HCS 1 with sub 200 for rs. 28000

pls suggest what to buy.... buying to pair with my Yamaha Rx 671 so that i can free my wharfs (9.5 & 9.1) and use them in a stereo setup. pairing the wharfs with my sansui 517, cosmic turn table & sansui tuner.

reviving this thread cause i am getting the Todoroki for rs. 32000.

is that a good buy or should i go for Jamo S 408 HCS 1 with sub 200 for rs. 28000

pls suggest what to buy.... buying to pair with my Yamaha Rx 671 so that i can free my wharfs (9.5 & 9.1) and use them in a stereo setup. pairing the wharfs with my sansui 517, cosmic turn table & sansui tuner.

Hi denzong,

I managed to auditioned both the things which you have mentioned.

If you want loud sound and but doesn't bother abt that crisp sound , you can go for todoroki. But Jamo is the best out of both.

Where are u getting, Jamo S 408 HCS 1 with sub 200 for Rs.28000 ??? I'm looking for Jamo S 426 HCS + 200 sub

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back