pioneer vs samsung dvd players

spirovious

Hi,

I have already read about your opinions about their qualities.

I want to know more details-

1.Layout & chips-

What abt. there build quality?DA converters?chips?

2.Durability-

Many budget players die within 6 to 12 months (phillips,LG,onida)
What abt. these two?laser quality?

Thanks.

yes,

I read complains in many forums abt said players.

So I want to know abt budget players.

well, phillips 5996, is a good player, comes with USB 2, hdmi up conversion and is DIV x ultra certified, check out the same it has got great feedback

well, phillips 5996, is a good player, comes with USB 2, hdmi up conversion and is DIV x ultra certified, check out the same it has got great feedback

Dushie are you a brand ambassador for Phillips ?? :) If yes sir can you please ask your marketing guys and tell me where is Phillips available in kolkata . I am not being able to find that particular model.

Hi Illusion

Unfortunately i am not a brand ambassador for Phillips.

But this particular model is really good and i am myself trying to get the same.
The same model is sold as 5992 abroad and has good feedback.

I visited few shops in Bangalore to audition the same but they didn't have even a single piece in stock, so i am hoping some forum members will audition and give feedback on the same, I plan to check it out as soon as it is available locally.

Pioneer Dv 610 is also a good model and has good feedback so u can even look at auditioning the same.

Last edited:
Hi Illusion

But this particular model is really good and i am myself trying to get the same.

I visited few shops in Bangalore to audition the same but they didn't have even a single piece in stock, so i am hoping some forum members will audition and give feedback on the same, I plan to check it out as soon as it is available locally.

Pioneer Dv 610 is also a good model and has good feedback so u can even look at auditioning the same.

DV610 is really out of my budget. Since 600 AV is 7.5 k here I am expecting 610 av to be atleast 8.5k here . Phillips 5986 is available in one of the shops but I am not interested as it does not have usb 2.0. I think the distribution of the 5996 is yet to start .

Hi Illusion

DV610 is really out of my budget. Since 600 AV is 7.5 k here I am expecting 610 av to be atleast 8.5k here . Phillips 5986 is available in one of the shops but I am not interested as it does not have usb 2.0. I think the distribution of the 5996 is yet to start .

well i heard that dv 610 from grey market for 6.5 k to 7 k , try to find out the pricing for the same ...

Wish some forum members can contribute on the updated pricing for the same ..

well i heard that dv 610 from grey market for 6.5 k to 7 k , try to find out the pricing for the same ...

Wish some forum members can contribute on the updated pricing for the same ..

Hi,

Beware pioneer 410 reviewed by Whathifi got only two stars,

Probably due to colour reproduction,performance?

yea, saw the review, anytime dv 610 is a better buy than the 410, they have really hammered the 410 on performance and color reproduction

Pioneer makes extremely sturdy, highly reliable players that can take a beating and work without any hiccups. This quality alone places them above all other budget players.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back