Pioneer VSX-23TXH / VSX21TXH

Raghav

I am getting the above models at good rates from Global Easy Buy / 20 North

VSX-23TXH : 40k
VSX-21TXH : 35k

Any opinions on the models and the price? How do they compare with Denon 2310 / Yamaha 1065 etc.?

Raghav

I personally think your choice is correct over the peers you have mentioned here. They are having ABT 1015 which is good for upscalling.
Price is 65% more than USA price. I tried to get VSX-21TXH from ebay but seller came back telling that he didnt know how much it weighs and he would charge extra ($132) for shipping above the total charges. I had to cancel the bid unfortunately. Next time I visit USA, i'll try to get this model for myself.:clapping:

for model :cheers:
for ebay buying : i would :argue:

That means you have already tried the Ebay option for these models. I was thinking of using the same route. Did you try for both models and who was the seller and reseller involved?

May be 20north is the better option for these models. We can ask them for a special order based on the best online price. It will be around 50% above US price (15% service + 25% duty + 10% shipping).

where does Pioneer VSX-LX52 fit in with these 2 models?

Raghav

That means you have already tried the Ebay option for these models. I was thinking of using the same route. Did you try for both models and who was the seller and reseller involved?
I tried for VSX-21TXH only. Reseller was i2cworld. After this, I decided better to demo a piece and then buy.
May be 20north is the better option for these models. We can ask them for a special order based on the best online price. It will be around 50% above US price (15% service + 25% duty + 10% shipping).

where does Pioneer VSX-LX52 fit in with these 2 models?

Raghav
I checked with custom department website. The custom duty for AMP is 16% on purchased $$ price. That too upto 12000 Rs is custom free. So hardly any duty comes.

How are you going about the purchase. Because i2cworld would also refuse me.

Demo you will have to take for VSX-LX52 and the US models will not be available in India.

Raghav

I tried for VSX-21TXH only. Reseller was i2cworld. After this, I decided better to demo a piece and then buy.

I checked with custom department website. The custom duty for AMP is 16% on purchased $$ price. That too upto 12000 Rs is custom free. So hardly any duty comes.

tried hard this month to source Pioneer Elite VSX-21txh from Best Buy. Someone was on short visit to CA and tried to purchase from Best Buy. The receiver is in heavy demand and goes off the shelves as soon as it comes ( within 3 days stock goes off the shelves) :( :(

Why don't you try one of the newer Pioneer models which have just come out? The Pioneer VSX-1120 almost is in the Elite price range, and has got a better video chip, and looks to be an excellent receiver.

vsx 1120 is coming out in June '10. Also no specification has come out on their official website. Although it uses Marvell chip for video upconversion. It will be interesting to see that who is better ABT or Marvell.

Back