Pioneer-VSX-521-K Vs Onkyo 3400 & Denon 1312 xp

slash1814

Dear All,

I spend few weeks doing research on HTiB / HT Components. I have already posted my experience with Onkyo 3400 & Denon 1312xp.
For Demo I have used "The Mask" & "Genesis Live @ Wembley" as movie and concert (music) DVD's respectively. I must tell you that I am more inclined towards crisp Highs (treble) & Solid , tighter Lows (Bass).

Onkyo 3400 & Denon 1312 xp (offcourse w/ their packaged speakers) did not impress me. Then...I took a demo of Pioneer VSX 521 K w/ Tannoy Speakers.

It sounded Gr8:clapping: , BUT...may be because of "Tannoy Speakers" (they have tweeters too..FYI...)
The reviews of Onkyo 3400 are approx. 5/5 due to Value for Money.
The reviews of Denon AVR 1312 (only receiver are 4.5/5 as its feature packed and robust)...However the reviews of Pioneer 521 are skewed..3.5/5 mainly due to HDMi related issues OR GUI (DOS style one time on screen set up) & absence of TV Screen display (for volume, bass etc).Look @ Amazon..many users have returned Pioneer VSX-521 due to malfunction also..

Bottom line is that I am buying an HT for SOUND !.. I give a damn about HDMI upscaling / GUI.. given that...Pioneer 521 is best so far...

Let me know your valuable suggestions / opinions.

Regards--
Slash

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back