• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

    If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Pioneer VSX 918v at Chikpet Sunday Market

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
124
Points
18
Location
Bangalore
Just happen to visit Chikpet Sunday Market yesterday.
Among the heavy crowd and cheap cloths, found a Poineer VSX 918v for sale in a used electronic item sale shop.
When enquired, the guy quoted price of 15K for that.
I must say I was not expecting such items for sale there.
 

Audio_Freek

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
1,109
Points
83
Location
Bangalore
:) Its in HOT Deals Section.. LOL

Chikpet is Moore Market of Bangalore and SP Road is Richie Street of Bangalore.If you are lucky can get some treasure.
 

greenhorn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
1,887
Points
113
Location
06851
at least the story I've heard about these electronics that show up like this in chennai is that they're imported as scrap from south east asia, repaired using jugaad by local technicians to get them running just enough for people to buy them
 

Audio_Freek

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
1,109
Points
83
Location
Bangalore
at least the story I've heard about these electronics that show up like this in chennai is that they're imported as scrap from south east asia, repaired using jugaad by local technicians to get them running just enough for people to buy them

Agree 99%,But 1 Percent its your Luck. Once I had some time to board train in Central , Hence walked down More Market;With some Chats I got to know from the Sellers that some Dealers would pick the Electronics from the People(Mostly NRI in and around Egmore) who vacating the Home and travel Overseas permanently.

But those are not Displayed on the Streets, If you are interested and inquire they would take you to their House :) I got a Chance to Listen a Onkyo Stereo Amp, You dont believe me the prize they quoted, Its 15,000 INR for 40W Amplifier and they Justify the cost as "Made in Japan":eek:hyeah:

Chennai use to be fun and entertaining on this part.
 

ItsMe

Active Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2011
Messages
778
Points
43
Location
Kerala
Better avoid these markets, if you dont have a risk taking behavior. There is 10% chance that you will hit gold, but 90% of time you will end up in losing side
 

ValueChanakya

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2012
Messages
62
Points
8
Location
Mumbai
There is Suresh Prabhu/ Mani advertising in OLX for used amps/ speakers. They post their address as Ashok Nagar/ Salem?? Not sure how genuine are they, but could be worth checking out.
 

mano2ht

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
120
Points
18
Location
CBE
Stay away , most of them will work there. If you buy and come to home you ill be surprised
 
Top