planar speakers

AmitG

Hi

does anyone here any experience with electrostatic or magnetic planar speakers? Ive heard a lot of raves about Martin Logan, Magnepan and FinalSound but haven't had the chance to hear them yet. How would they compare with conventional speakers?

I know I am a few years late ;) , but I have had great experiences with E-stat panels and headphones. They amazed me enough not to consider dynamic speakers at the least..... :p

Best regards,
A~

AmitG

Martin Logan & Magnepan are available for demo in mumbai, so why not go & hear 'em???? You can do A/B comparo with 'conventional' speakers & decide yourself whether they work for you or not ;)

Hi

does anyone here any experience with electrostatic or magnetic planar speakers? Ive heard a lot of raves about Martin Logan, Magnepan and FinalSound but haven't had the chance to hear them yet. How would they compare with conventional speakers?

Heard once in Pune meet - It was new so cannot comment about sound.
Then heard once Cadence with Bryston - Brilliant

At one forum members house heard Magnepan - with Rotel AVR = good but audition was short...

Check the forum - Number of members have it!

Looking forward to hearing Magnepans and Martin Logans at the Delhi What HiFi meet....Really like the Magnepans but the Indian pricing is too much and I also do not have the space for such speakers... but maybe someday ...

Just realised this is a Feckin thread from 2008 :mad:
Prolly the tread starter stopped checking the thread & the forum ages ago :lol:

!@&#%^&*$

the magneplans are a great start
and are great to own
No fuss and adapt well to indian climates

whats more they sound great too

the above ( the no fuss climate part ) is not true for marten logans or the Qaud electrostats
though the quad electrostats sound really nice

Hi all,

I am working on planar magnetic speakers myself though I have been busy with things non-audio.. I made an electrostatic speaker but now shifted interest to planar magnetic...hope you guys find my thread over at diy useful.

To me there is no doubt the E-stat excel in highs like no other while presenting a natural tone however I have always found them a bit less in depth and dynamics...the latter of which is the reason I am jumping to planar mags

Cheers

Hi all,

I am working on planar magnetic speakers myself though I have been busy with things non-audio.. I made an electrostatic speaker but now shifted interest to planar magnetic...hope you guys find my thread over at diy useful.

To me there is no doubt the E-stat excel in highs like no other while presenting a natural tone however I have always found them a bit less in depth and dynamics...the latter of which is the reason I am jumping to planar mags

Cheers

your very short synopsis
tells me you know your stuff

i would be interested in your DIY definitely
hell
i could be a customer if they sound right
i am rarely on the forum

my mail is on the SoundFoundations website
keep me updated
Also let me now if you need help

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back