• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

planar speakers

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

AmitG

Hi

does anyone here any experience with electrostatic or magnetic planar speakers? Ive heard a lot of raves about Martin Logan, Magnepan and FinalSound but haven't had the chance to hear them yet. How would they compare with conventional speakers?

turgid

I know I am a few years late ;) , but I have had great experiences with E-stat panels and headphones. They amazed me enough not to consider dynamic speakers at the least..... :p

Best regards,
A~

denom

Banned
AmitG

Martin Logan & Magnepan are available for demo in mumbai, so why not go & hear 'em???? You can do A/B comparo with 'conventional' speakers & decide yourself whether they work for you or not ;)

hemantwaghe

Banned
Hi

does anyone here any experience with electrostatic or magnetic planar speakers? Ive heard a lot of raves about Martin Logan, Magnepan and FinalSound but haven't had the chance to hear them yet. How would they compare with conventional speakers?

Heard once in Pune meet - It was new so cannot comment about sound.
Then heard once Cadence with Bryston - Brilliant

At one forum members house heard Magnepan - with Rotel AVR = good but audition was short...

Check the forum - Number of members have it!

panditji

Looking forward to hearing Magnepans and Martin Logans at the Delhi What HiFi meet....Really like the Magnepans but the Indian pricing is too much and I also do not have the space for such speakers... but maybe someday ...

denom

Banned
Just realised this is a Feckin thread from 2008 :mad:
Prolly the tread starter stopped checking the thread & the forum ages ago :lol:

!@&#%^&*$

magma

the magneplans are a great start
and are great to own
No fuss and adapt well to indian climates

whats more they sound great too

the above ( the no fuss climate part ) is not true for marten logans or the Qaud electrostats
though the quad electrostats sound really nice

turgid

Hi all,

I am working on planar magnetic speakers myself though I have been busy with things non-audio.. I made an electrostatic speaker but now shifted interest to planar magnetic...hope you guys find my thread over at diy useful.

To me there is no doubt the E-stat excel in highs like no other while presenting a natural tone however I have always found them a bit less in depth and dynamics...the latter of which is the reason I am jumping to planar mags

Cheers

magma

Hi all,

I am working on planar magnetic speakers myself though I have been busy with things non-audio.. I made an electrostatic speaker but now shifted interest to planar magnetic...hope you guys find my thread over at diy useful.

To me there is no doubt the E-stat excel in highs like no other while presenting a natural tone however I have always found them a bit less in depth and dynamics...the latter of which is the reason I am jumping to planar mags

Cheers

your very short synopsis
tells me you know your stuff

i would be interested in your DIY definitely
hell
i could be a customer if they sound right
i am rarely on the forum

my mail is on the SoundFoundations website
keep me updated
Also let me now if you need help

Last edited: