Planning to buy 42" LCD tv in Chennai.

topgunalu

I am planning to buy a 42" LCD Tv for this Diwali.. i went around and founds Panasonic TH-L42U30D as quite good. I was unable to find any review online for the tv. Please help me to decide if this is a good choice. I also have seen some LG product, but unable to decide on it. Please if some other tvs are also better choice in the price-performance ration let me know. My budget is Max 55000/-..

Hi topgunalu,

I have purchased Panasonic TH-L42U30D on 15th Oct 2011. (i.e. the day before yesterday). As I mentioned the rate is Rs. 44,500/- exactly. I bought it from Viveks. So, you have no problem in visiting the shop at Chennai. What is the rate in Chennai?

This Panasonic LCD is picture quality is very good. It has various features as well. The Full HD is awesome with beautiful colours, contrast and details. Even the small size MKVs have played with beautiful quality. The Audio in this LCD is awesome. It has Dolby Digital with 20W RMS. The sound is very good. Even I hear various sounds from the Cable TV itself.

This Panasonic U30D model is quite good. The picture quality is nearly as good as Sony LCDs. In the showroom the Sales Person had demoed the Sony BX420, Samsung D550 and this Panasonic 42" U30D simultaneously.

Panna's picture quality is nearly as good as Sony's and also the viewing angle is very good. It has IPS panel. Also it has good sound. The colours and contrast is very much like the Sony's LCDs. When demoed the movies and clips from the pendrive which I got, it played most of the files very well. Only the files which are more than 1 GB capacity are not played.

I have searched the net and found in Amazon there are so many happy customers with this Panasonic U30 LCD. Most of them gave it a 4.5 stars rating.

Just within 1/2 hour of purchase the Panasonic guy has called me and came home for demo. As I think the service will be as prompt.

So, please go and demo this LCD, then decide...... I am very happy with this purchase.

Feel free to PM me for further details.

Last edited:
Great.. The price I got on one of the viveks showroom is 48900. Ur price is cheaper. I think I need to bargain. But which HD Dth did u get with it. And how is the smart tv functionality.?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back