Planning to buy Accuphase E-480

It was actually. But this only works as a Roon endpoint and through Roon, Tidal. I was thinking of adding more streaming protocols.
Is there a possibility of Getting Digital Out from Boulder ? Buy a highend DAC Process the Digital out and feed the Boulder via XLR inputs.
Other option is to Get a Better Streamer with a DAC and feed Boulder via XLR inputs.
On a Extreme End one can Get a Streamer, DDC And a DAC and feed Boulder via XLR inputs.
Is there a way to disable Streamer and DAC component of Boulder and Run it only as a Analog Integrated Amplifier?

BTW, I will agree with @essrand , that it will defeat the purpose of buying a all in one. What seems to be lacking? I think you should give it at least 300 hrs of running to start thinking about critical listening.

So what's the sound like? Any early thoughts?
The combination of Boulder and Spendor both are new to me, and together they have a wonderful soundstage. The first thing that got me was clarity, figuring out every word sung and separation in instrumentation. I am registering even a small jive somewhere. I had enabled Parametric Equalizer in Roon, which adversely affected Focal's high range, so I switched it off. This made the sound through Boulder even better, reinforcing that I don't know how to equalize well. Though I don't listen to classical, I played the 'coffee cantata' and 'Habanera', and I could feel the large orchestral presence even though my living room is far from acoustically sound. It's equally good with rock and jazz, purely because you can hear pretty much all the instrumentation and feel their lovely vibe.

Is there a possibility of Getting Digital Out from Boulder ? Buy a highend DAC Process the Digital out and feed the Boulder via XLR inputs.
Other option is to Get a Better Streamer with a DAC and feed Boulder via XLR inputs.
On a Extreme End one can Get a Streamer, DDC And a DAC and feed Boulder via XLR inputs.
Is there a way to disable Streamer and DAC component of Boulder and Run it only as a Analog Integrated Amplifier?

BTW, I will agree with @essrand , that it will defeat the purpose of buying a all in one. What seems to be lacking? I think you should give it at least 300 hrs of running to start thinking about critical listening.
You get digital out when you use the Ethernet. Otherwise, it's all in. I was planning on getting a Lumin U1 which is just transport, but when I spoke to Peter Lie of Lumin, he asked me to buy T2, which also has a DAC. In fact, what is interesting is he had an issue with the way the 866 DAC processes DSD, which is to convert it to PCM. Boulder has an answer for this "On a more technical note. According to our digital designer and engineer here, there is a large noise floor in DSD tracks which can add noise to the architect. Our algorithm helps reduce that noise; though you aren’t getting native DSD, it could be argued that it sounds “better” and you are still able to play the DSD music that you had purchased". So now I am thoroughly confused as to whether to opt for a U1 or T2.

On your question of lacking, nothing is lacking. Honestly, I am moving from a very average system to a complete high end one, so no complains there. I just wanted more streaming options without compromising quality.

The combination of Boulder and Spendor both are new to me, and together they have a wonderful soundstage. The first thing that got me was clarity, figuring out every word sung and separation in instrumentation. I am registering even a small jive somewhere. I had enabled Parametric Equalizer in Roon, which adversely affected Focal's high range, so I switched it off. This made the sound through Boulder even better, reinforcing that I don't know how to equalize well. Though I don't listen to classical, I played the 'coffee cantata' and 'Habanera', and I could feel the large orchestral presence even though my living room is far from acoustically sound. It's equally good with rock and jazz, purely because you can hear pretty much all the instrumentation and feel their lovely vibe.

You get digital out when you use the Ethernet. Otherwise, it's all in. I was planning on getting a Lumin U1 which is just transport, but when I spoke to Peter Lie of Lumin, he asked me to buy T2, which also has a DAC. In fact, what is interesting is he had an issue with the way the 866 DAC processes DSD, which is to convert it to PCM. Boulder has an answer for this "On a more technical note. According to our digital designer and engineer here, there is a large noise floor in DSD tracks which can add noise to the architect. Our algorithm helps reduce that noise; though you aren’t getting native DSD, it could be argued that it sounds “better” and you are still able to play the DSD music that you had purchased". So now I am thoroughly confused as to whether to opt for a U1 or T2.

On your question of lacking, nothing is lacking. Honestly, I am moving from a very average system to a complete high end one, so no complains there. I just wanted more streaming options without compromising quality.
If possible also audition dCS Network bridge and compare it with U1. dCS has better online reviews than U1 head to head.

Don't get the T2, use the internal Boulder DAC, for sure. Any technical blah-blah will be negated by an in house DAC and lack of interconnects between the two.
Also do look at the DCS bridge, rave reviews everywhere, as someone suggested. I would never get either and I am not sure what extra inputs you are needing for you to drop a few thousand dollars, you would be better off buying a Koetsu cartridge ;)

Boulder has an answer for this "On a more technical note. According to our digital designer and engineer here, there is a large noise floor in DSD tracks which can add noise to the architect. Our algorithm helps reduce that noise; though you aren’t getting native DSD, it could be argued that it sounds “better” and you are still able to play the DSD music that you had purchased". So now I am thoroughly confused as to whether to opt for a U1 or T2.
Boulder seems to be indulging in lots of wordplay, which makes me think otherwise.
But, buying T2 without listening to it prior in your setup (preferably) is strict no from my side. I think you should wait for Boulder to Burn in a bit at least 300 hours , experiment with speakers positioning and Cables if you want and think of adding another device only after much Deliberations, that is only after being convinced that additional device will bring substantial upgrades in terms SQ benefits.

If possible also audition dCS Network bridge and compare it with U1. dCS has better online reviews than U1 head to head.
I don't think they manufacture dcs network bridge anymore; at least the distributor in Chennai said something to that extent.
Don't get the T2, use the internal Boulder DAC, for sure. Any technical blah-blah will be negated by an in house DAC and lack of interconnects between the two.
Also do look at the DCS bridge, rave reviews everywhere, as someone suggested. I would never get either and I am not sure what extra inputs you are needing for you to drop a few thousand dollars, you would be better off buying a Koetsu cartridge ;)
Just looking for Spotify, TuneIn, Airplay etc., but without losing quality in transmission. dcs might not be the right choice to that front and Boulder would more than suffice. The truth is SQ does not get affected; it is the process that 866 DAC uses that Peter Lie was critical about.

Boulder seems to be indulging in lots of wordplay, which makes me think otherwise.
But, buying T2 without listening to it prior in your setup (preferably) is strict no from my side. I think you should wait for Boulder to Burn in a bit at least 300 hours , experiment with speakers positioning and Cables if you want and think of adding another device only after much Deliberations, that is only after being convinced that additional device will bring substantial upgrades in terms SQ benefits.
I am not looking for devices that will give me substantial upgrades in SQ. I already have a bomb of a combination. Because I want more streaming protocols, I am looking for a streamer that does not lower the current SQ. I am hesitant on T2 because, soundwise, I don't think its DAC will be better than Boulder's.

I have finally decided to take Qobuz subscription through a relative in the US and I'll use Tidal and Qobuz through Roon. I think I can live without Spotify Hi-Fi. So that should take care of all my streaming protocol needs. It'll restrict Hindi music, but so be it. So no Lumin.

It has been a few months since I purchased the Accuphase E-650, and thought I would write a short summary of my impressions, in case it would help someone else.

I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised at how good these integrated amplifiers are. I have always been a tube guy, and never like any SS either at home, at friend's, or in shows no matter the price point (be it Pass Labs or DAG), but this amp has really won me over.

Smooth, relaxed sound, lovely texture and tone, all kinds of tone control and other functionalities including loudness function and attenuation. Perfect combination of utilitarian, musicality and audiophile, and best part, it's SS. I can leave it on all day.

I now understand all the fuss about the Accuphase brand.

I still prefer tubes by a very small margin (and am keeping my Nagra tube amplification setup), but this amp has won me over for now.

It has been a few months since I purchased the Accuphase E-650, and thought I would write a short summary of my impressions, in case it would help someone else.

I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised at how good these integrated amplifiers are. I have always been a tube guy, and never like any SS either at home, at friend's, or in shows no matter the price point (be it Pass Labs or DAG), but this amp has really won me over.

Smooth, relaxed sound, lovely texture and tone, all kinds of tone control and other functionalities including loudness function and attenuation. Perfect combination of utilitarian, musicality and audiophile, and best part, it's SS. I can leave it on all day.

I now understand all the fuss about the Accuphase brand.

I still prefer tubes by a very small margin (and am keeping my Nagra tube amplification setup), but this amp has won me over for now.

Here we are. We have one more Accuphase convert/believer in the house :)

Hello Guys,
Let me share my journey.

It started few years ago...around 2012
My first amplifier was SONY....then purchased Accuphase E205 & was blown by its performance.
I was using Sonus Faber Toy towers at that time.

At a later date, I purchased Magnepan LRS.
Accuphase E205 was driving Magnepan LRS nicely, however looking at the online reviews I thought HEGEL will be a
good or better match with Magnepan...so I bought HEGEL H360
Frankly speaking aftter spending few months with HEGEL, I was not happy with that combination (HEGEL H360 & Magnepan)

I then purchased Pass Labs INT-150.
I find it a better match with Magnepan LRS.....but still I was not satisfied......something was missing.

I bought used GRYPHON TABU 2/One hundred....and the moment I paired it with Magnepan....
Oh Man!! the sound was out of this world!...excellent combination...Gryphon & Magnepan.

I am really happy with Gryphon & Magnepan combination.

Now I have decided to climb one more ladder & purchased Gryphon Atilla (Atilla is launched after ~10 years of Tabu so
the technology used for Atilla will be better than Tabu).

Hopefully, if everything goes as per plan I am expecting its delivery to my residence by end of October....
eagerly waiting for it :)

I will update you about my experience with Gryphon Atilla & Magnepan LRS later.

I will be selling Gryphon Tabu 2 at a later date & will place ad in Dubizzle

You all TC...Stay safe.

Cheers

Taking our FM's critique to heart, I cleaned up my act :)
View attachment 58053

P.S: The space to the right is cleared for the impending arrival of a TT. The cabinet I have no control over, it is temporary rental place that I am living, and the cabinet came with the house. But anyways I have no intention in the future to invest in audiophile racks, not sure if I would even hear the difference (not to mention the fact that most of them are ugly) :)
Heard the above system over the weekend. The soundstage depth was just superb, layered so well that it gave the impression of sitting close to the stage at the venue. The Accuphase synergy with the Devore's is also really good. And a bonus - views from Essrand's house are just phenomenal. Thanks Essrand for hosting me.
Cheers,
Sid

Heard the above system over the weekend. The soundstage depth was just superb, layered so well that it gave the impression of sitting close to the stage at the venue. The Accuphase synergy with the Devore's is also really good. And a bonus - views from Essrand's house are just phenomenal. Thanks Essrand for hosting me.
Cheers,
Sid
Hey Sid, It was a pleasure having you over. Glad you could make it over despite your tight schedule, and thanks for the kind words about the system, means a lot coming from you :)

I have been following the Audioshark thread on Boulder 866 and the hype behind it.

One canadian who owns a Accuphase E-650 decided that life is short and bought an 866 as well. I have pushing and prodding him to post his comparison for a few months now.

He was still breaking in the 866, but I couldn't wait anymore and bought the E-650 because I got a home demo and a good offer.

Finally after all these months he came back, probably the only guy on the internet who owns both, with a conclusion that he prefers the Accuphase on his speakers and his system to his ears.

So there's something about this Accuphase mania ..... It's not just me.

Guys I am planning to move to an integrated amp and in about six months completely separate audio from home cinema. I have been given a price by the distributors but I would not like to reveal that here. However, from those who have had or have this amplifier or from those who just know, I would like know what a good price will be for E480. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
885 after disount, i personally like PASS LABS over Accuphase in this price range

885 after disount, i personally like PASS LABS over Accuphase in this price range
That's the problem with buying Accuphase here in India. You get quoted multiple different price. I was quoted 7.3, others here much less than that. Morons have the distributorship of this product, here.

That's the problem with buying Accuphase here in India. You get quoted multiple different price. I was quoted 7.3, others here much less than that. Morons have the distributorship of this product, here.
EVEN one dealer is quoting 11 lakhs..ha ha

I was using Accuphase E470 for a short time and irrespective of what price you are getting, I would say that there are many better amps in the market. ASR, Symphonic Line, Acoustic Art, Pure Audio are few amps which comes to my mind.
Cheers
Also Consider Hegel H390 - there is so much praise in all the reviews -- hard to beat this amp

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back