Planning to go to Singapore wat should I buy

kaptan

Hi friends,

I am planning to go to Singapore & Thailand next month. Right now i am in search of projector.

Wat should i buy there like projector, blu ray player, discs.

Please give me some info for this. Wat is worth to buy. Since i will be getting for cheap.

Can I be able to buy a good projector under 30K. Or shall I buy a good blu ray player which I can buy it at cheap price or any other gadget.

Thanks

Just for your information, comparing to the prevailing dollar rate, it is better to buy here itself.

On the other hand, PJ/Bluray player are costlier there comparing to USA prices. It is worth to pick AVR/CD Player and other small stuffs, may be you can find good deals on TV.

I believe it will be very difficult / But comparing to the price of India, it is less, not too much. Please take help of our forum member musicmaya on purchasing at singapore.

If you want to get it from Singapore visit simlim square website wherein the price list is available. I bought Western digital tv hd from sim lim square a year back and it was retailing for 1500 less there. I even bought 9600gt gfx card from singapore which retailed for the same difference. So i think media players and graphics cards are cheap. But these items are expensive in Thailand.

But you may opt for recievers or other A/v equipments as suggested by others.

I am going to Singapore and then to Thailand and returning to India. Planning to buy Optoma HD66 or other proj. Which place is best to buy at cheap price. If i buy in Spore shall i take it to Thailand and then to India or I should buy in Thailand.

Please post your comments.

Thanks

It will be good if you forget a blue ray player, you should go for a media player and download quality ripped movies.

V.

He is asking only an suggestion about the price whether he can buy a bluray player in singapore or thailand, kindly give the correct suggestion.

Your intention is like not allowing others to enjoy Real Full HD and Full HD Sound, since you dont have HD capable receiver in your Mini theatre:p why cant others too:)

Kaptan, you should make a list of products you want to buy, check the prices here, and then see what prices you get in Singapore. Only if the difference is substantial, does it make any difference. The cheapest your will get a projector is for some US$1000. You can look at Optoma HD-20 which I think is the cheapest. It does not make much sense to get a non-FullHD projector.

In terms of Blu-Ray player, you need to make up your mind as to what you want. Then shortlist the brand and model numbers. There are so many available today and prices are crashing everyday. Make sure you are ready to replace the player in 2 to 3 years.

In terms of carrying from Singapore to Thailand, I don't think that will be an issue. In my mind Singapore is a better place to buy.

Another thing you can look for is original DVDs and Blu-Rays of Tamil movies.

Cheers

I have a plan of buying a optoma hd 65 and blu ray player. The problem is I am not able to find the prices in Singapore. I have done lot of google but dosent found. Help me were i can find the price list.

Do not bother about the SG prices as long as an landmark US Prices and Indian price in hand..

However you will get the correct price once you walk into store,online prices may be vague and only an MRP.

Regards

So Srini i will be getting a good price there rite?

Do not bother about the SG prices as long as an landmark US Prices and Indian price in hand..

However you will get the correct price once you walk into store,online prices may be vague and only an MRP.

Regards

In terms of carrying from Singapore to Thailand, I don't think that will be an issue. In my mind Singapore is a better place to buy.

Cheers

I believe it will be an issue with customs to carry the item inside thailand( 2nd destination from SG), since he is not in transit to India from SG.

Secondly if Kaptan is going to beach side destination like phuket he may not get cheaper prices like Bangkok<>

Kaptan!! So from thailand if you are coming back to SG city and take a break and coming to India, best is to buy on return. While on return If you are in transit in SG best is to buy in Bangkok and you will not have problem...

Regards

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back