Planning to replace my Epson TW8100 with a native 4K projector

i am also in the same boat.thinking of changing my epson tw8100 to a 4k projector.i have shortlisted the optoma uhz65lv and the jvc dla np5.where in ncr can i get a demo of these so that i can finalise

@unni_pg @Rupinder - did you folks manage to close on with your research?

That project central article was great - I feel we get caught up on technicalities more than truly enjoying the content. I have seen people claim the massive difference between native 4K and Faux-K - and I believe there might be a visible difference, but I find it difficult to believe that the difference will be twice as much to justify the cost.

I am in the market for VFM projector and so far TW9400 looks everyone's fav here. BTW, what TW9400 is called in US?

That project central article was great - I feel we get caught up on technicalities more than truly enjoying the content. I have seen people claim the massive difference between native 4K and Faux-K - and I believe there might be a visible difference, but I find it difficult to believe that the difference will be twice as much to justify the cost.

I am in the market for VFM projector and so far TW9400 looks everyone's fav here. BTW, what TW9400 is called in US?

and I didnt even have to ask chatGPT :)

You are absolutely right on this one! There's hardly any visible difference until you pixel peeping and viewing it up close. Saying this after I compared my new Epson 9400 with a cousin's sony 295es. I find my Epson 9400 picture quality to be better than sony's because of the extra brightness. Had read somewhere that it takes 3 things to make a good image; brightness, sharpness and colours. Epson 9400 might be not that sharp when compared to sony/JVC (unless viewing from 1-7 feet) but it definitely has better brightness which makes image enjoyable.

Whatever I have heard, I am convinced that 9400 is a great product to have. The concern I have with 9400 is that it was launched 4 years ago and it might be towards its end of life. Though, I am not too sure.

Might be towards its end of life but even when compared to Epson new laser 4k projector, the blacks and picture quality is on par ( in fact 9400 blacks are better than ls11000 which costs twice). A member from avforum uk said that people who come to buy JVC/sony 4k projectors in their store, end up picking Epson 9400 after taking demo. It's that good for its price.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back