Playing dts HD in cubetek HD 4k media player

dpdcp

Hi friends,
I recently purchased cubetek 4k player. In that kodi (xbmc) everything playing OK, but unable to play dts HD formats. Audio output is fixed in android audio only. Can anyone helps in this.

I use a MINIX Android player and I do following settgins:

1. In Android -> Sounds Settings -> Sound manager -> Set output to SPDIF Passthrough

2. In Kodi -> Audio, I set the audio as 5.1 and Passthrough device.

I am afraid most android boxes doesn't support DTS pass through over hdmi (not sure about optical). If you can, try to install openelec in that box.

I am afraid most android boxes doesn't support DTS pass through over hdmi (not sure about optical). If you can, try to install openelec in that box.

MINIX supports Pass through over HDMI and Optical. The difference is, HDMI carries Stereo output while the SPDIF carries the DTS/DD output. The decoding would be done by external device (AVR/DAC) in such cases.

MINIX supports Pass through over HDMI and Optical. The difference is, HDMI carries Stereo output while the SPDIF carries the DTS/DD output. The decoding would be done by external device (AVR/DAC) in such cases.

AFAIK, HDMI is the highest possible bandwidth carrying connector in any system. So in general, if a system is designed to give DTS passthrough over SPDIF, it must provide the same over HDMI.

I am not really sure about MINIX though. I never used it.

This is for quick reference:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1315890-hdmi-vs-s-pdif-audio-faceoff.html

Other FMs please share your thoughts.

Over spdif v can get only dts and Dolby digital only. For HD audio(Dolby truhd and dts HD) v need to get from HDMI only

AFAIK, HDMI is the highest possible bandwidth carrying connector in any system. So in general, if a system is designed to give DTS passthrough over SPDIF, it must provide the same over HDMI.

I am not really sure about MINIX though. I never used it.

This is for quick reference:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1315890-hdmi-vs-s-pdif-audio-faceoff.html

Other FMs please share your thoughts.

This is as per MINIX forums. As I said, you get only Stereo output over HDMI while SPDIF supports DTS. DTS HD is out of bounds as far as MINIX is concerned for MINIX Neo 5 Mini.

I use a MINIX Android player and I do following settgins:

1. In Android -> Sounds Settings -> Sound manager -> Set output to SPDIF Passthrough

2. In Kodi -> Audio, I set the audio as 5.1 and Passthrough device.

5.1 option is disabled for me.How to get it in Minix??

5.1 option is disabled for me.How to get it in Minix??

After setting the Optical Passthrough in Android Sound setting manager, I see a passthrough device under Kodi->Audio.

Now the MINIX wont do any decoding of the audio and merely pass it through, make sure you have some HW which does the decoding for you before feeding the sound to the speakers. For e.g. A 5.1 DAC or AVR.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back