Please Advise : Home Theatre 9.2 Dolby Atmos Configuration at Hyderabad

hi all - planning to go for a 7.1.2 set up based on the room size of 11.7 feet X 23.45 feet....have attended the Whathifi show in Hyderabad as well as auditioned some of the set ups at multiple vendors in Hyderabad. Didnt like the Polk, Jamo, Klipsch setups - may be the room / configs were bad. Liked Kef R7, B&W 603, Focal Chorus 716 set ups. Yet to audition QAcoustics Concept 40 set up.

Have been getting multiple quotes and set ups and am super confused !
Need the help of this esteemed forum members to finalize and help me set up my very first Home Theatre please.

Room : Dedicated Home Theatre room with dimensions of 11.7 feet X 23.45 feet
Construction Stage : Still at false ceiling stage - acoustics not done.
Content to be watched : (max 2 hrs per day) mostly movies - streamed or downloaded content.
Budget : Am willing to extend beyond my earlier 5 lacs : would go upto 7 lacs

Here's what I have short listed so far....
AVR : Marantz SR 6013 (getting this for Rs. 90000 with warranty + bill : but will be shipped by a Pune based vendor - Sparkal Systems - How safe & secured is that?

Projector : Benq W1700 or Benq TK800M or Epson TW9400 or Sony VPL45ES
(am more of a videophile - love deep blacks)
Which one would u recommend? - would not be changing the projector at least for 5 years+

Acoustics : should I get the acoustics done? Will there be a significant difference? There is an ongoing construction next door and am afraid that the soft material of acoustics treatment will have lot of dust stuck to it.

Speaker Set Ups

Option 1 :
7.1 set up : B&W 603 ( pair), B&W 607 (pair),B&W htm 6 (single), B&W asw-610 (single),B&W ccm 362 (pair)

Option 2 : 7.2.2 set up : Kef R7, R2C, T301, Q160, SVS PB1000 (Subwoofer)

Option 3 : 7.1.2 set up : Focal Chorus 716, CC700V, SR 700V, Focal Sub 300P, Focal ICW5

Option 4 : 7.1.2 set up : QAcoustics Concept 40, Concept Centre, Concept 20, QI 65 C, 2070i (Sub)

Would need a more punchy audio set-up as I am more into movies.

Unfortunately, none of the vendors are able to provide the exact set up for a demo - so don't know how any of this will sound.
Also, I see loads of varied prices on Ooberpad, Avstore.in, Indiamart, Amazon.

So, how much discounts can I usually seek from the local vendors when I am negotiating on the prices?
Will be traveling to US, Singapore next month - which of this stuff would you recommend that I get from there?
Is the warranty vs price difference + customs worth it?

Please guide me on this journey folks...
It has always been my dream to own up a Home Theatre and I dont want to mess it up in the first instance...

Thank you !

Hi Rajendra as the way you have mentioned and the size of the room that you have and as per the taste you have mentioned as
>>Would need a more punchy audio set-up as I am more into movies.

If you want to enjoy movies, you need a dynamic system to get that effect and also semi pre-power combo is also the right direction but you need to get a subwoofer where the bass needs to be in very much in control, which demands huge amps and can do implosive sound effects which are very addictive as well even at low volumes. That's what you need.
None of the above systems can give you the level as much as what you get in reference playback.

Importing is not the right option for the AVR or any other gear as sometimes when you get some problem local dealers will not support it properly.
what you can get is good accessories like connectors but mostly stereo systems demand such connectors in HT its user preference.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back