please advise.

manu4panjab

hey bros.

how's evrybody

i want to ask some general knowledge in speakers department

is it true that even high quality speakers like 1 to 20 lakh pair produce distortion at super high volume like max volume

and is regularly playing at high volumes can damage our speakers and create distortion

please reply

Last edited:
hey bros.

how's evrybody

i want to ask some general knowledge in speakers department

is it true that even high quality speakers like 1 to 20 lakh pair produce distortion at super high volume like max volume

and is regularly playing at high volumes can damage our speakers and create distortion

please reply

hi manu4panjab,

hope you are well, and thanks for asking!

to all your questions IMHO = YES

electro-mechanical devices should not be pushed to the limit at every opportunity - failure will result.:)

what is max volume? I have not seen a volume control on speakers other than cheap computer speakers.

ok - jokes apart - I think it is the amp that distorts & clip at high volume, and I am sure your ears distort when you push it to super high volume if you can find a good amp that doesn't distort.

Manu - Are you planning a single set of speaker for your home and office? So that you can listen to it from either location? :)

Last edited:
The general recommended setting is to not push anything beyond 80% of its setting, 100% no way.

BTW Manu at 100% volume on speakers costing 1 to 20 lacs you should be worried about your ears and not the speakers themselves.

hi manu4panjab,

hope you are well, and thanks for asking!

to all your questions IMHO = YES

electro-mechanical devices should not be pushed to the limit at every opportunity - failure will result.:)

thankx for ans. bro

so what to buy for some one like me who want to play his speakers super loud without any distortion

thankx for ans. bro

so what to buy for some one like me who want to play his speakers super loud without any distortion

manu what do you eat for breakfast man????:indifferent14:

Venkat has already answered this query eons before. Usually your amp starts distorting first and then your speakers. And Onkyo at 75W per channel at 8 ohms will actually deliver around 50W per channel or less in reality whereas technically your speaker can handle more.

So first throw away your 606 (you should have got 706 at least with preamp outs), get a new avr with preamp outs, then get 7 monoblocks for your 7 channels and get a pair of HSU or epos. Still if you cannot get nerve rackign sound - please consult a psychiatrist or firstly an otolaryngologist :)

But seriously manu you will hurt yoru ears and your lil baby's ears with this music. My baby girl is 7 month young now and I do not remember when I actually played my AVR over 35

The general recommended setting is to not push anything beyond 80% of its setting, 100% no way.

BTW Manu at 100% volume on speakers costing 1 to 20 lacs you should be worried about your ears and not the speakers themselves.

:D:D:D nice saying brother very very nice hahahahahaa

manu what do you eat for breakfast man????:indifferent14:

Venkat has already answered this query eons before. Usually your amp starts distorting first and then your speakers. And Onkyo at 75W per channel at 8 ohms will actually deliver around 50W per channel or less in reality whereas technically your speaker can handle more.

So first throw away your 606 (you should have got 706 at least with preamp outs), get a new avr with preamp outs, then get 7 monoblocks for your 7 channels and get a pair of HSU or epos. Still if you cannot get nerve rackign sound - please consult a psychiatrist or firstly an otolaryngologist :)

But seriously manu you will hurt yoru ears and your lil baby's ears with this music. My baby girl is 7 month young now and I do not remember when I actually played my AVR over 35
hey bro at breakfast from monday to Saturday i eat dalia and only on sundays i eat pranthaas(aloo wala,panner walla or gobi walla) :D:D
hey bro i too don't usually play over 30 to 40 (total volume 1 to 75)

but here my concern is even when i playing at low levels why my speakers distorts especially centre channel

i'm asking about max volume coz i thought if some speakers or some amps can play clean at high volumes then i can play them in moderate volume without getting any distortion

my main need or you can say purpose is i want clean distortion free sound

so please advise

Last edited:
but here my concern is even when i playing at low levels why my speakers distorts especially centre channel

Pardon my saying so, but you seem to be using the typical method of solving all problems with a hammer. BANG, and things get solved? No way.

If your system is distorting at low volumes there could be a number of reasons:

1. Severe mismatch between speakers and amplifier
2. Wrong setting for impedance in the amplifier
3. Incorrect setup of the amplifier.
4. Wrong cabling.

I would also check the following:

Is the source CD/DVD of good quality?
Is the sound in the CD/DVD recorded properly?

As I mentioned in one of your threads, the best option would be to get a professional to help you. Please don't keep changing your equipment without understanding what you need and how to get it. BTW, most affordable AVRs stop at around 150 watts per channel. If you have to go beyond that, you need to get power amplifiers. AND, matching speakers to powerful amplifiers is even more difficult and troublesome.

Cheers

Pardon my saying so, but you seem to be using the typical method of solving all problems with a hammer. BANG, and things get solved? No way.

If your system is distorting at low volumes there could be a number of reasons:

1. Severe mismatch between speakers and amplifier
2. Wrong setting for impedance in the amplifier
3. Incorrect setup of the amplifier.
4. Wrong cabling.

I would also check the following:

Is the source CD/DVD of good quality?
Is the sound in the CD/DVD recorded properly?

As I mentioned in one of your threads, the best option would be to get a professional to help you. Please don't keep changing your equipment without understanding what you need and how to get it. BTW, most affordable AVRs stop at around 150 watts per channel. If you have to go beyond that, you need to get power amplifiers. AND, matching speakers to powerful amplifiers is even more difficult and troublesome.

Cheers

thanks for your reply sir
as for impendance i set to 6 ohms in my onkyo 606

as for distortion i give you example like in movie apne and fanna i bought both original but when i'm playing them the dialogues appear very much distorted
actually my polk cs20 centre channel speaker distorts on particular movies not evry movie even i play them louder

so i want to know is apne and fanna badly mix or evry movie have different kind of mixing

i also get distortion in game like infamous,heavenly sword but all other games playing fine

so kinda confuse whether its the centre channel or mixing of movies and games

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back