Please guide for home theatre setup in Rs.1 lakh

Hi Sujit,

Can you please suggest some good speakers for Height Channels?

Hi Prajandas,

If you want ceiling Speakers for the Height Channel, then there are many. I can tell few decent one which will not make a dent in your pocket. Those are

1) Byford CRK-6 from Designer Audio, which will cost somewhere around 8k for pair.

2) Also you can go for Sonodyne Ci 6Xi - Don't know the price.

But if you want wall Mount then you can go for Sonodyne as it is cheap and few Forum Members have purchased and the sound is decent. You can refer to their reviews. Below is the exact model number and price.

1) Sonodyne Sonus 3540 - Price is around 7.5 k(you will get 10-15% discount from dealer)

2) Pioneer SP-T22A-LR - Don't know the price in India

3) Klipsch RP-140SA - Price would be around 50k as it is premium one

If you want Bookshelf with Up firing Speaker for ATMOS then below are the choice

1) Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR - Don't know the price in India

Thanks and Regards
Sujit

Thanks for suggestions.

I don't have enough space to put floorstanders and subwoofer freely. So I am thinking about satellites. I did a little bit reading on the forums and found that satellites do not have the ability of floorstanders. So I am in two minds. :confused:

My queries:

How is Onkyo for receivers? Namely SR343 and SR444?

Marantz 1506 is pushing my budget but can go for it. Should I buy avr and lcr speakers only first? Will I miss the subwoofer? Space is a constraint.

Or should I go for 5.1 htib setup only?
I found Paradigm Cinema100 quite good. With a 250 watt powered sub. Is it recommended?

Trying to keep budget at 1 lakh as far as possible.

Thanks.

Hi Subsatya,

Onkyo SR444 is very good receiver with respect to sound quality and is same as TX-NR646 with respect to the sound signature but it lacks in DTS-X as per my knowledge. If you want live without DTS-X then it is one of the low range best sounding receiver from Onkyo. In fact Onkyo 444 sounds better than new Onkyo receivers such as 555 or 656 as Onkyo has ditched WRAT from these receivers.

But if you want ATMOS and DTS-X capable receiver in 40K Price range then go for Yamaha RX-V581(MRP is 53k, you will get 15 to 18% discount) which is 7.2 Channel Receiver with ATMOS and DTS-X support. This is a balanced receiver for both Music and Movie.

Have not auditioned Paradigm Cinema100, so can't tell.

As I earlier said good Bookshelf speakers(Like Dali > Wharfedale > Polk > Taga) with a Center and a decent mid range subwoofer ( such as Taga or Sonodyne) is anyday better than 5.1 package.

Thanks,
Sujit

Is this possible?
If I buy a 5.1 speaker set and hook it to an atmos receiver the height channels will be free.

Then in future I will buy bigger better front channels and just shift the 5 speakers to rear. Thus completing 5.1.2 setting?

So for start I will buy the Paradigm 5.1 and then add Dali Zensor as fronts? Shifting the Paradigm to do surround job.
Will this work properly?

Btw I have booked an Onkyo SR 444 receiver.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Could anyone help me with the above query?

Thanks
Yes it will work. For 7.1 it should be fine but for 5.1.2 dolby atmos, proper Dolby Atmos speakers are better.
Also there will be a mismatch between L/R and center. Probably you would like to upgrade the center as well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I have bought Onkyo SR444 and Paradigm CT 100. This setup is quite satisfactory for my room size as of now. I will upgrade to new fronts in future to complete my 7.1 or atmos setup.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Dear Friends and Audiophiles,

Seek your advice to purchase a 5.1 HT. Came across the Pioneer VSX 930 7.2 channel along with the Tannoy HTS 201 ( advertised on beau for 1.16 Lacs) My main usage would be music. Originally was thinking of the Pioneer sp pk 52fs, but availability is a big issue.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kind Regards,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back