Please guide me to build home music/theater system

Hello @KB,

A very good write up indeed. I was in the same boat regarding The Audio People a few years back - felt that they were doing me a favour by letting me in and having a look at their precious wares. I still have pleasant and fond remembrances from Volumate / ProFx / Decibel.

The shop in Kilpauk is Vipul Audiotech. They primarily deal with Yamaha / Marantz / Dali / and recently - Elac. I have had very pleasant experiences with them.

I am sure you may have heard the Polk RTiA7 as well, I had got them a few months back for 58K.

I have also heard various combinations of Yamaha and Dali. They sing very well together, both for music and movies.

Dali Zensor 7 / 5 and 3 (BS) sound good together and match them with Dali E12F sub, it is a treat to hear them, so please do hear them out.

Looking forward to hear about your journey.

Last edited:
Hello @KB,

A very good write up indeed. I was in the same boat regarding The Audio People a few years back - felt that they were doing me a favour by letting me in and having a look at their precious wares.

As I had mentioned in my one of my earlier posts, these people might be very subjective. By the time the sales tech. profiles us (through conversations regarding our expectations & budget), our 1L-2L might seem "peanuts" to them. May be, they're in the market only for big fish. That might be their strategy. You never know!

I still have pleasant and fond remembrances from Volumate / ProFx / Decibel.

The shop in Kilpauk is Vipul Audiotech. .....I have had very pleasant experiences with them.

Glad that some of the dealers are quoted here for the positive experiences with them.

The one by the Kilpauk gardens cemetery is Vipul Audio Tech.

:: Vipul Audio Tech ::

Hey MJ, thanks for sharing Vipul Audio Tech, have added them to my list.

Mayank Shah said:
Dali Zensor 7 / 5 and 3 (BS) sound good together and match them with Dali E12F sub, it is a treat to hear them, so please do hear them out.

I am hearing good reviews about Zensor 7 & 5, I hope Vipul Audio Tech has them for demo along with Marantz.

I forgot to mention, when I was auditioning Polk TSX550T with Denon X-3200 at loud volumes of say 70% there was considerable distortion. I was wondering this is a specific issue. Even my Sony MHC-GN-88D doesn't distort at loud volumes !

Finally did Audition at Vipul Audio & Volumate's existing and upcoming showrooms.

Had the best experience at Volumate. ProFX now takes the back seat :D

Auditioned
  • Taga (Don't remember the model)
  • Dali Z5
  • Elac F6
  • SVS Prime 3-Way
  • Wharfedale 230
  • Q-Acoustics 2030

Right now I am sitting between 3 choices for 3-way floor standers
  1. Polk RtiA7 (Front Bass Port, more detailed audio)
  2. Wharfedale 240 (Bottom Bass Port, slightly less detailed but easy on ears)
  3. SVS Prime Floor Standers (Seems to be sealed and little boomy)

What do you guys think ? Should I go for RtiA7 or 240 ?

Subs....
  1. Elac S10
  2. SVS PB-1000

I felt S10 had amazing low rumble, but then PB-1000 did the same rumble when Audyssey was disabled, but felt it was not good when Audyssey was enabled.

I know most of the people praise SVS PB-1000 and I was suggested to get two PB-1000 instead of one PB-2000 (That thing is an elephant sitting inside the room :D) But I felt simple S10 was able to produce the rumble.

Now one thing is S10 was in a small room the size of Swaraj Mazda while the Two PB-1000 were inside room the size where 2 Volvo buses are set side by side.

I guess one PB-2000 would be too much and also costs as much as a pair of floor standers.

What do you guys think ? Should I try the S10 audition again or get the 2 PB-1000 or go overboard and get one PB-2000 now and shatter everything in room?:lol:. Do note that my room size is 16'(L) x 12'(W) x 9'(H) which comes to less than 1800 cubic feet.

By the way Volumate's upcoming show room is awesome! Love it and they are very good with customer.

I personally like the Polk over the wharfedale sound. But each one is different. I think the RTI is a good one to go for.

Not sure about the sub.

Hope the price you mentioned is MRP .You should get a minimum discount of 10 to 15% from MRP.It depends upon the brand and the dealer.

I personally like the Polk over the wharfedale sound. But each one is different. I think the RTI is a good one to go for.

Not sure about the sub.

Yep I a planning to settle for RTIA7.

Hope the price you mentioned is MRP .You should get a minimum discount of 10 to 15% from MRP.It depends upon the brand and the dealer.

The total approximate price comes to Rs. 3,11,300 for the following.
Marantz SR6010 + Polk Audio RTiA7 + SVS PB2000 (2 Nos).
I got only package pricing.

This is the best price I could get for now.

Volumate is the only provider currently in touch with me.

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your inputs and guidance.

I finally settled for the following.

1. Marantz SR-6010 along with existing Sony 47-W850A TV, DishTV HD, Buffalo NAS & Sony Rears and Center
  2. Polk Audio RtiA7 Floor Standers
  3. Dual SVS PB-2000 sub-woofers

Audyssey XT32 & dual sub-woofer support helped me in choosing the SR-6010. SR-7010 was way too costly and felt will upgrade may be after couple of years.

More than everything, thanks to MJ for getting me in touch with Volumate.

Had an awesome experience with them and the audition at both the existing and new centers helped me choose the SR-6010 and PB-2000s.

Volumate's Harwin is a great guy and has lot of patience in dealing with customers.

I would recommend everyone in Chennai who want to audition HT can go to Volumate as well as ProFX.

Volumate has more combinations than ProFX but both are good.

Congratulations! Please post pics & review after you have set them up.

And where is this new showroom of Volumate? I know the old one in Kutchery Rd.

Hi Everyone,

It has been few months since I last posted an update on my progress.

The experience is quite awesome and I love both the AV and Subs.

Recently I visited one of my friend and found out he uses the exact same SVS PB-2000 sub. He uses only one as compared to my dual setup.

The interesting thing is, his one single sub itself is so powerful that it shakes everything in the home and more than that, the deep bass is so high that it becomes uncomfortable within seconds. Interesting that I don't have this problem, may be because mine is a closed room compared to his, which is is an open room.

I will be posting my pictures shortly and anyone if you would like any inputs, do reach out to me.

Hi Everyone,

It has been few months since I last posted an update on my progress.

The experience is quite awesome and I love both the AV and Subs.

Recently I visited one of my friend and found out he uses the exact same SVS PB-2000 sub. He uses only one as compared to my dual setup.

The interesting thing is, his one single sub itself is so powerful that it shakes everything in the home and more than that, the deep bass is so high that it becomes uncomfortable within seconds. Interesting that I don't have this problem, may be because mine is a closed room compared to his, which is is an open room.

I will be posting my pictures shortly and anyone if you would like any inputs, do reach out to me.
Congratulations[emoji122] . Maybe your friend needs to do the sub woofer crawl.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Twin PB 2000 in a <2000 cuft room? And neighbors aren't complaining?!! I am picking up my jaw from the table as I type. What kind of music do you listen to? What levels/gains do you play these at? I have ONE PB1000 and I cannot go beyond the 12 o clock position.

Congratulations[emoji122] . Maybe your friend needs to do the sub woofer crawl.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Actually for him, it was setup by professionals.
I wasn't there when the setup was done.

Twin PB 2000 in a <2000 cuft room? And neighbors aren't complaining?!! I am picking up my jaw from the table as I type. What kind of music do you listen to? What levels/gains do you play these at? I have ONE PB1000 and I cannot go beyond the 12 o clock position.

Fortunately Marantz low freq. containment is good.
I listen to EPIC genre.
Sub currently runs at 10% to 15% volume.
I bought PB-2000 because currently I am in a rented apartment, and want to move to another home. Also I would like to place my HT in hall instead of current bed room, since hall's is packed.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, thanks for all your inputs and guidance.

I finally settled for the following.

1. Marantz SR-6010 along with existing Sony 47-W850A TV, DishTV HD, Buffalo NAS & Sony Rears and Center
  2. Polk Audio RtiA7 Floor Standers
  3. Dual SVS PB-2000 sub-woofers

Audyssey XT32 & dual sub-woofer support helped me in choosing the SR-6010. SR-7010 was way too costly and felt will upgrade may be after couple of years.
:clapping:
Congrats! Hope you're having pleasant musical experiences!

More than everything, thanks to MJ for getting me in touch with Volumate.
My pleasure! Having completely logged off from the forum for a while, I haven't been able to follow this thread. Just now only checked it. Regards! BK

Hehe, I can relate to the OP. I have migrated from a sony boom box myself. Definitely overkill. But as long as the OP likes it, that is what matters. I somehow get the feeling that most of us have a long way to go and yes we crazy audiophiles will definitely go all the way. :eek:hyeah:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back