Please identify these!!

shafic

Hi friends,

Recently i got a pair of compression drivers. The label reads 'PREVOST' model no 1052, 8 ohms. Both drivers are in working condition. I have searched 'google baba', but not much information available there.

If any one knows about these vintage stuff pls share the details/specs.

regds,
shafic

Last edited:
Spotted these drivers with Vinod Sound Service, one of the recone/repairs shop at Lamington Road two days ago. I tested one, to me it seems to be a PA application unit. Not much of HF response.

I was surprised to know that Shafic patronises this shop, as until a few months ago he would complain frequently about how they changed the spider on one of his drivers without his permission.

And within an hour of me visiting that shop, the pics of the drivers were deleted from this thread :D

Anyway, best luck to Shafic for the sale or whatever he wants to do with these.

Regards,

Dear A.Adikt,

Hearing from you after a long time. Happy Diwali!!

few months ago he would complain frequently about how they changed the spider on one of his drivers without his permission.

That is an old story!! In this world there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies.;) Actually I am searching for 'BOSTON' FR drivers.:D

And within an hour of me visiting that shop, the pics of the drivers were deleted from this thread :D
I do not keep tabs on your whereabouts. It is not in my list of things to do.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Anyway, best luck to Shafic for the sale or whatever he wants to do with these.

Thanks but no thanks!! I don't know why you should care!!

regds,

your old friend

Last edited:
That is an old story!! In this world there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies.;) Actually I am searching for 'BOSTON' FR drivers.:D

I do not keep tabs on your whereabouts. It is not in my list of things to do.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Thanks but no thanks!! I don't know why you should care!!

regds,

your old friend

Hi Shafic,
I am posting regularly on this forum, including your beautiful thread.
This thread is about Prevost, not Boston, and you already have the information given to you in this thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/53190-philips-hi-q-international-speakers-2.html

Well, you lost the privilege of being my friend due to your own behavior and actions. I and my friends did care for you until a few months ago, and that is why we taught you everything that we know about vintage turntables, amplifiers, speakers, setting up a system, identifying vinyl with good content etc.

I am done with this thread, you may go on and post whatever you want, am not returning here.

Bye,

Hi Adikt!!,

Obviously I am looking for more information about the 'BOSTON' drivers. Why so touchy!!:D:D:D

Well, you lost the privilege of being my friend due to your own behavior and actions.
Well Adikt!!:clapping: I don't need any ones certificate about my actions and behavior. They have always been true and honest. I am not the 'matlab nikal gaya hai toh pehchante nahin' type. Which cannot be said about you and your friend. That is why I decided to keep my distance from you people. I losing the privilege of your friendship is a joke.

I and my friends did care for you until a few months ago, and that is why we taught you everything that we know about vintage turntables, amplifiers, speakers, setting up a system, identifying vinyl with good content etc.

No wonder I know so little about these things.;):eek:hyeah:

A contact cleaner bottle ( only 10% full ) that you once gave me, had the label removed very carefully so that one should not come to know the brand. That is the level of information you have shared.

Even in this wonderful forum I have hardly seen you sharing information from your self declared wealth of knowledge:lol:.

I am done with this thread, you may go on and post whatever you want, am not returning here.

Bye,

Thank you very much. Keep your word.

This is a very decent forum. People should not use this platform to vent personal vengeance and with ugly motives of personal enmity. I have been keeping quiet for a long time, not replying to your sarcastic posts as I did not want to stoop to this level.

Hope you understand now. Bye!! Bye!!:yahoo:

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back