Please suggest a 5.1 system within the budget of 1L or less.

denon x1500h+ Dali zensor 3 fronts + Dali vokal centre + Dali zensor 1 surrounds + Bic p200 ii this is what i'm planning right now. But since we are from kolkata need a hassle free dealer with instillation in bangalore.
Most of the sellers only arrange an electrician for installation. You don’t need to worry much about the installation part. Just get a good electrician and install the pvc casing after you decide the speaker placements and complete the wiring. Centre channel you place it below the tv and angle it in such a way that the tweeters are projected to your ear levels. Z3 install them exactly at ear level. For surrounds z1 slightly above ear level. My case I just asked one person who knows how to drill holes who was not even an electrician and completed the installation.

Hi, If you plan to buy atmos setup under 1L price range, Try to buy the amplifier as new preferably Yamaha and you can buy either demo speakers from any dealer or any forum member. Its better to buy a good speaker used instead of buying a poor quality speaker for new. For example, Marantz and Denon can easily drive sonodyne Sonus speakers and if you get a used package. Its great

bump since im getting good deal on this one?
I have auditioned the q acoustics. They are good but not as good as the Dali and bic. If possible try to have a demo of the q acoustics and if to your ears they are enough you can go ahead

For dealers in Bangalore

Dalis - Audio Planet - Palani - Contact details are in their website. Will do everything if the total bill comes to 1-1.5l Decent knowledge but a bit arrogant

Qacoustics - Babbel used to be the distributor and had a demo setup too, not sure of current scenario

HT Store - is good for pricing and website has details of all equipment. Good person to work with.

Profx has many outlets for Denon/Polk

DNI - Not technical but has very good HT rooms - Sells primarily focals but can work in the budget, very pricey

Many others are there like Cinebels, jamsticks...

I have heard the Qacoustics and they are a fantastic speakers. I will pick them if you are getting a good deal . (what is it btw)
the guy who's i'm dealing with has requested me many times not to disclose the discounted price which to me seemed a bit weird. anyway what should be a good satisfying price for this package - marantz 1609 + q acoustic 5.1 package minus the sub + BIC PL200 ii ?

You originally planned for dali's what made you change your mind? Dali's are a better choice IMO.
won't these fs 3050i be a bit better than the z3? and it hasn't chnged my mind, i'm still weighing in my options. haven't decided on anything yet. also i have heard marantz is a bit better than denon but pricier.

anyway, this guys said the avr and the speakers will have 1 yr warranty and the bic pl200 has 8 yrs warranty. 1yr warranty is a bummer.

won't these fs 3050i be a bit better than the z3? and it hasn't chnged my mind, i'm still weighing in my options. haven't decided on anything yet. also i have heard marantz is a bit better than denon but pricier.

anyway, this guys said the avr and the speakers will have 1 yr warranty and the bic pl200 has 8 yrs warranty. 1yr warranty is a bummer.
Sure go ahead then. If you feel it’s better then it’s better. What you feel is important. Seems like ur getting a good discount as well. And about denon vs marantz i fee it’s just a myth both are best in their segments

how about Q Acoustic 3050i 5.1 package + Marantz 1609 ?

Hi,

Budget is one parameter, other two critical being - room size & main usage purpose (music, movies/tv, hybrid use).

Assuming it’s a 12x12 size room, and usage is mixed and budget is 1-1.5 lac, divide budget as 45% AVR, 45% Speakers, 5-10% wiring/installation etc.

Try NOT TO go impulsive and have everything in one go. A good 2.1, 3.1 or at best 5.1 (in given budget) is better than going fir 7.1, 7.1 5.1.2 etc.

Invest in decent AVR. Add front 3 speakers. Surrounds gets 10% action from even best content title (if at all). Atmos is less than 5%. Reason being not much content is produced that way.

Logic is - One can spend 10Lac on 11.2.4 system, BUT 97-98% content produced in studio around the world is not done in 11.2.4 format. Hence, for most content those speakers are only going to aesthetically beautify the room (actually aesthetic liability). Instead sane amount could go for higher end of components which makes the difference. Front 3 speakers decides 90% of sound game. Focus there, than surrounds/atmos. For an odd content in atmos etc, there’s always IMAX etc!!

Also, at 1-1.5 Lac budget, you should be avoiding HTIB (home theatre in a box). Get decent Marantz/Denon + 5.1. That should be more than enough to leave you/friends in awe and neighbours in complaining mood.

Good luck!

PS: If you happen to be in Bangalore, contact Mr Palani, close your eyes and go with his suggestion. Have invested upward of 20L in AV, and am sure if I met Palani before experimenting, would have achieved better in half cost. The guy is sheer genius!!

Back