Please suggest a CDP for Onkyo 606 AVR

Hello Friends,

I am here..I am here..Thanks a lot for all your suggestions ..Actually I went to my home town on last week end ..Thats why I couldn't see and respond to your replies..

Ok..From your postings, I understand the following are the different options in front of me..

1. I need a RCA(L+R) cable to connect Oppo->AVR and then set front spkrs as "LARGE" to test the stereo music(like vnkat said).

(or)

2. I need a good CDP+Int Amp+Good Bookseleves/Floor stand..It looks like a one more complete HiFi setup..

I cannot try the second one now as it will be a expensive one..I will try the first option and let you all know the feedback..

Can you please suggest me a good RCA interconnector for this and where it is available in Bglore?

Marsilians, do I need to remove Coax/toslink conn of Oppo->AVR when I test this?..What will happen If I keep both RCA and Digital conn at a time?..

Cheers,
Chella

Marsilians, do I need to remove Coax/toslink conn of Oppo->AVR when I test this?..What will happen If I keep both RCA and Digital conn at a time?..

Cheers,
Chella

There is no need to remove them. Oppo provides an option via the menu to use one type of outputs, otherwise your AVR should provide one called "direct" which routes everything through the analog (RCA channels) channels.

Hi friends,

What is difference in AVR amp & stereo amp.
I meen basic idea of any amp is to just amplify signal to higher amplitude keeping close to original curve.

In that case if we connect good CDp like marantz 6002 to Onkyo AVR with
analoge method & keep AVR setting as Direct,should if not sound as good as
stereo amp?

Why dont this happen?

The analogy can be thought of in this manner

A maruti 800 can take you from point A to point B, so can a honda civic or a corolla <insert other choice> but there is a difference in the way they do it.

Budget AVRs are a huge compromise in sound since they have many other functions to serve. To go over all the differences is too much, but if you look at one - the heart of any good amp is its power supply, look at the power supply in an AVR and look at the power supply in any good amp, even like a NAD 216 type amp and you have your answer.

cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back