Please suggest a "cheap" 3D blu ray player that can play Region A Blu Rays and VCD

john_k_antony

Friends,

I would really appreciate if anyone can recommend an inexpensive ( < Rs 15,000) 3D blu ray player that can do the following

1. Play Region A 3D Blu Rays
2. Play VCDs
3. Region free for DVDs
4. 220V rated.
5. USB that supports FAT32 and NTFS HDD.
6. FLAC support (not mandatory)

Thanks,
John.

Re: Please suggest a "cheap" 3D blu ray player that can play Region A Blu Rays and VC

You can try import a BDP from Singapore that will be Region A and 220V. With some luck it will be region free for DVDs and play VCDs as well. With due respect, you should forget about VCD. If VCD is important, you can buy a cheap DVD player in India. You will end up having two pieces of equipment but it will probably be cheaper than trying to buy one equipment that meets all specs.

Re: Please suggest a "cheap" 3D blu ray player that can play Region A Blu Rays and VC

Hmmm. That makes sense too. I already have a sony DVD player that can play VCD. So I will just keep it along with the new 3D BDP.

Thanks,
John.

check e bay india..
i think i saw a seller selling..220 v A zone sony s490 at around 9.5k...seller waranty of course..
or straight get that maratnz 20k(mrp 40k)...from hifi mart itself...A zone player...best idea

I almost bought Marantz from HiFimart. But then saw it doesn't support VCD :(.

I think the sony BDP 490 US version will not play VCD as VCD doesn't exist in US. I will check with the ebay seller.

Thanks,
John.

for vcds i suggest using the old dvd player.....or cpyimng the vcds in ur pc and converting into files and playing via the br plaers usb port........

cheers

I think the Sony s490 available in Singapore fits my bill perfectly :). Seems like an ebay seller is selling the Singapore version for 10K

Sony BDP-S490 3D Bluray Player with Internet Function WiFi READY | eBay

Since VCD is still used in Singapore, I guess this version will play VCD :).

I have asked seller for the details. Waiting for the reply.

Thanks,
John.

Indian Sony S490 plays VCDs. I have few movies plus rhymes CDs of my kids.. they are playing without issue. But no Region A playback.

May be the Singapore version may play VCD as well as Region A BDs.

Hi all,

me too is looking for a Good quality 3D BR player. i am not concerned about the VCD here. Is buying marantz 5005UD for 20k worth for it... i mean is the quality difference visible.... another concern is will it play FLAC music from USB :confused:

Hi all,

me too is looking for a Good quality 3D BR player. i am not concerned about the VCD here. Is buying marantz 5005UD for 20k worth for it... i mean is the quality difference visible.... another concern is will it play FLAC music from USB :confused:

You can check out Pioneer BDP 150 or Panasonic DMP-BDT220. Both of them support FLAC

pana 220 supports flac...
dont know in maratnz...
yes in audio its difinitly audible in maratnz...video same..
ask kamal nv..he got it.

Thank a ton guys...
This helps me remove 5005UD from the list, i will check Pana DMP BDT220 and decide.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back