Please suggest a HomeTheater With Atmos or What ever latest ..Budget 1-1.5 Lakh

manofx

Hi, currently I am using Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers .. I am happy it served me all these 8 years ..

Now its time for upgrade .. I am a sound lover so I decided to invest upto 1 - 1.5L

Please suggest me some good setup for Movies and Music

Kindly post more info
More of music or Movies?
Room sizes?
Any constraint on using bookshelf or floorstanding?
5.1 or 7.1 or atoms?
Going to buy all parts now or progressive upgrade?
Open to preowned ?

just few which comes to mind so that FM can give you best suggestions

Movie = 60%, Music =40% .. Mostly preferred for movies .. I want good theater live experience :)
Room Size is currently small 12 x 12 feet .. future it might increase (once we build our new home)
I really dont know 1.5 or atmos .. at that buget can I go atmos ?

I can do progressive upgrade if thats ok .. else I can gather all money at once and buy no issue
Might have a look about preowned if I cannot afford to buy new in my budget

What do you think about Taga Harmony brand bro ? is it comparable to bigger brands like pioneer etc ? Their prices seems reasonable

I am starting like your self and sharing what I have gathered in the process. Many experienced forum members further help you after you shortlist some components.

First investment will be AVR. Considering shortage of supply, prices are skyrocketing.

For AVR, following are the option I shortlisted for myself for atmos setup
1. Denon 1600/2700
2. Yamaha V6A/A2A
3. Marantz 1610

AVR will cost you 60 to 75k with atmos. AVR can be bought based on feedback & reviews.

For speakers, its better you audition them. If you decide to purchase AVR first, you can carry your AVR with you at audition to see how speaker sound with your AVR

If you going to buy Sub, buy bookshelf instead of floor standing. @DB1989 highly recommend Mission QX2 as bookshelf. You can choose center from same series as many advocate to have LCR from same brand series to match the tone.
For surround you can consider Polk Owm3, S10/15. I have purchased Owm3 for myself and yet to be arrive. I have auditioned S10 as surround and couldn't found any fault.

For atmos/ceiling speaker, consider space availability before finalizing. POLK RCi series, Owm3 can be installed as atmos.

Regarding Taga Harmoney, there are many forum members who are using them and happy with them. You are getting complete package for the price for bookshelf i have mentioned above. So your getting what are you paying for. You may get itch to upgrade in some time. That's why its always recommended to go for audition.

Movie = 60%, Music =40% .. Mostly preferred for movies .. I want good theater live experience :)
Room Size is currently small 12 x 12 feet .. future it might increase (once we build our new home)

I can do progressive upgrade if thats ok .. else I can gather all money at once and buy no issue

What do you think about Taga Harmony brand bro ? is it comparable to bigger brands like pioneer etc ? Their prices seems reasonable
Hello,
The forum members can advise better for the AVR, compared to me.
I have been using Taga 606SE pack since last 4 years and i admit that these are bang for the bucks. But as @hannibal09 rightly said, you may get the itch to upgrade in sometime.
I had bought these without any audition. But, after auditioning and going through various Youtube videos in last 2 years; i am also looking to upgrade. Now, i am saving funds for the upgrade. As rightly suggested by @hannibal09, it it better to buy Bookshelf speakers & sub instead of towers. Bcoz, the low frequencies are better handled by a sub. For an immersive movie watching experience, a subwoofer is a definitely must.
So, if budget permits; skip Taga

AVR:- Denon X1600H - 55K to 60K (Price is high due to low supply)
Speakers:- Polk TL1600 (35K to 40K)/Elac Cinema 5 (40K to 45K) (Both are 5.1 speakers package)

This setup will do a pretty good job with Movies and OK with Music. You have to keep aside another 5k to 10K for stand/cables/accessories.

I am starting like your self and sharing what I have gathered in the process. Many experienced forum members further help you after you shortlist some components.

First investment will be AVR. Considering shortage of supply, prices are skyrocketing.

For AVR, following are the option I shortlisted for myself for atmos setup
1. Denon 1600/2700
2. Yamaha V6A/A2A
3. Marantz 1610

AVR will cost you 60 to 75k with atmos. AVR can be bought based on feedback & reviews.

For speakers, its better you audition them. If you decide to purchase AVR first, you can carry your AVR with you at audition to see how speaker sound with your AVR

If you going to buy Sub, buy bookshelf instead of floor standing. @DB1989 highly recommend Mission QX2 as bookshelf. You can choose center from same series as many advocate to have LCR from same brand series to match the tone.
For surround you can consider Polk Owm3, S10/15. I have purchased Owm3 for myself and yet to be arrive. I have auditioned S10 as surround and couldn't found any fault.

For atmos/ceiling speaker, consider space availability before finalizing. POLK RCi series, Owm3 can be installed as atmos.

Regarding Taga Harmoney, there are many forum members who are using them and happy with them. You are getting complete package for the price for bookshelf i have mentioned above. So your getting what are you paying for. You may get itch to upgrade in some time. That's why its always recommended to go for audition.
Hi Bro, What do you think about POLK S20 as bookSelf and S30 as center bro ? I am hearing many good things about S30 center (some says S30 is even better than S35 in clear vocals) .. so to match the tone I been thinking of S20

Do you think POLK S20 is a match for Mission QX2 ??

But I never heard any of them .. Just based on online reviews and videos

I been Thinking of Denon 2700 as yamaha models having some issues on user reviews in this range .. which is more reliable in the matter of durablity ? and how much life span can we expect from these AVR ?

AVR:- Denon X1600H - 55K to 60K (Price is high due to low supply)
Speakers:- Polk TL1600 (35K to 40K)/Elac Cinema 5 (40K to 45K) (Both are 5.1 speakers package)

This setup will do a pretty good job with Movies and OK with Music. You have to keep aside another 5k to 10K for stand/cables/accessories.
Hi, Whats your suggestion for AVR bro ? 4k or 8k ??

After FULLHD most people started upgraded to ULTRAHD instead of QUADHD which came in middle of them .. so was in dilemma .. if 8k Is real change after 4k or not

What are your thoughts ?

After FULLHD most people started upgraded to ULTRAHD instead of QUADHD which came in middle of them .. so was in dilemma .. if 8k Is real change after 4k or not

What are your thoughts ?
Don't worry about 4k or 8k. 8k doesn't matter for the near future. Only the most expensive TV's are 8k and there is not much content in 8k. Although latest Yamaha AVRs have 8k, dont base your purchase on 8k as deciding factor. Try to get best AVR in your budget.

Hi Bro, What do you think about POLK S20 as bookSelf and S30 as center bro ? I am hearing many good things about S30 center (some says S30 is even better than S35 in clear vocals) .. so to match the tone I been thinking of S20

Do you think POLK S20 is a match for Mission QX2 ??

But I never heard any of them .. Just based on online reviews and videos

I been Thinking of Denon 2700 as yamaha models having some issues on user reviews in this range .. which is more reliable in the matter of durablity ? and how much life span can we expect from these AVR ?

I have not listened to either S20 or Mission QX2, however based on what I learned, QX2 outperform S20.
Denon 2700 is good avr, you could get it for around 72. For complete future proofing, you could also get 3700 for around 91k which shall have 9.2 channel amplification and 11.2 processing to take car of all future needs

What are your thoughts ?
4k content is still not widely available, 8k definitely going to take 5 years or so. Don't worry about it. In worst case you can connect your 8k source directly to tv/projector and have audio transmission to avr. Don't make 8k as deciding factor for AVR

I too don't think that you should base your decision on 8k availability. Non available content aside, I really don't think that the average viewer can tell the difference between 4k and 8k on TV's.

What are your thoughts ?
8K is still evolving and will take a couple of years before it becomes mainstream. Let's assume you are going to keep this AVR for the next 4 years. Frankly speaking, I don't see 8K taking off in the next 3/4 years. So, at this moment, I would resist going with 8K. That said, even if you purchase an 8K TV in the next few years, you can still use your 4K AVR via eARC/ARC.

I have not listened to either S20 or Mission QX2, however based on what I learned, QX2 outperform S20.
Denon 2700 is good avr, you could get it for around 72. For complete future proofing, you could also get 3700 for around 91k which shall have 9.2 channel amplification and 11.2 processing to take car of all future needs

Any ideas from where you can get Denon 3700 around 91k, coz all the quotes I am receiving are much higher in price range of 1.25 lacs

Onkyo hts 5915 or Onkyo hts 7800. But it’s currently out of stock in india. But it’s worth waiting

Didnot find anyone quoting less than 120k for x3700h

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back