Please suggest between these two options

anup0076

Screenshot_20201025-090608_Drive.jpgIMG-20201020-WA0057.jpgHi i am planing to build dedicated home theater in my home size is 14*26ft.
Got these 2 options from local vendor both criticizing each others product.
Got quotation of Totem Acoustic and Krix.
Total budget is around 7lakh.
Krix person is saying 110w LCR speaker is very less for my size of room.

Please sugeest which one should I finalize I am very confuse.

Thanks in adv

Thats a very good budget. The more time you spend reading the past threads on forums and talking to FMs (not vendors), the better setup you will have. Take your time.

View attachment 51165View attachment 51166Hi i am planing to build dedicated home theater in my home size is 14*26ft.

Thanks in adv
I have never been so blunt but the one giving those puny elac subs makes the whole quotation look EXTREMELY funny.
Does he really know what he is doing?
This is a gross mistake.

Can he justify choosing those subwoofers?

What ever speaker and amplification you choose has to produce 115db at one metre to be able to produce reference levels at your listening position.
You might not listen at reference levels but having headroom will make the system sound cleaner.

I have never been so blunt but the one giving those puny elac subs makes the whole quotation look EXTREMELY funny.
This is a gross mistake.

The same point has been raised by krix person.. I think to fit it in by budget he must have done that.

What ever speaker and amplification you choose has to produce 115db at one metre to be able to produce reference levels at your listening position.
You might not listen at reference levels but having headroom will make the system sound cleaner.
Specs says 89&91db at 1mtr will it be good enough? Distance from Screen to 2nd row is 18ft and 1st row 11ft.

This is a gross mistake.

If I upgrade sub will it make good package compared to krix?

Had auditioned both but different content and different so not able to make decisions..

Req u to pls help me in this

If you are only looking at these 2 options, my advise would be to go with krix. Your system will be better balanced.
For the first package, elac sub is mismatch. Also, looking at speaker specs, crossover for subs would be needed to set higher, which may not have desirable outcome.

Are you looking at in wall only?

If you are only looking at these 2 options, my advise would be to go with krix. Your system will be better balanced.
For the first package, elac sub is mismatch. Also, looking at speaker specs, crossover for subs would be needed to set higher, which may not have desirable outcome.

Are you looking at in wall only?
Yes looking for inwall only.. It will give clean look..

For your budget check out Klipsch reference series! One of the best!

Your budget would get you many good options. Don't hurry and explore more brands.
Actually I live in Nagpur and their isn't much options available for audition..

Specs says 89&91db at 1mtr will it be good enough? Distance from Screen to 2nd row is 18ft and 1st row 11ft.
With 90 db at 1 metre you will get 112db at with 150 watts at 1 metre..
That's 3 dB less.. which needs double the power.. Which your speakers cannot take and the amplifier cannot pump 300 watts to achieve 115db.

View attachment 51165View attachment 51166Hi i am planing to build dedicated home theater in my home size is 14*26ft.

Thanks in adv
Your room needs 7.2.4 layout.. this is 7.2.2

Cant suggest much on the speaker front as I dont know much about in-walls apart from the fact that you get decent offerings from XTZ/Focal as well on this front. But you can do better in the subwoofer department since its a dedicated room, would suggest to look for SVS-PB2000/PB2000 Pro , XTZ 12.17/12.17 Edge and/or Rhytmik LVX12

Add a single quantity now and one more in future if current budget would overshoot for 2.

Thanks bro for the suggestion,
Didn't have much time for audition as I have to shift on before diwali. But this combination looks good on paper. View attachment 51262
This is just a 5.2.2 setup
A 5.2.2 for this room size cannot provide enveloping cinematic experience.
Again you have been suggested wrong subs for your room size..
And these subs don't go low enough i.e. just 30hz with Max SPL of 103db. "Good bass is one of the biggest differentiating factor between a commercial cinemas and home cinema" and good bass will what surely lack with this setup..

A FAR Better system can be done for this budget.

Back