Please suggest suitable floor standers

ashutosh

Hi,

I am planning to setup a home theater and have gone through several of the posts on this forum to get some info on the right setup. Unfortunately I am quite confused after spending a fair deal of time qoing through the posts so would appreciate some help.

I have a budget of anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 lacs with a room size of about 350 sqft. Would really appreciate if I could have some advice on the right setup, the price points for the individual components and the dealers in Mumbai.
I have so far auditioned MA SR8 and Jamo C 407.

Regards,
Ashutosh

im not too experienced with ht but if youre looking at the ma silver series you dont need to go for the rs8 for the fronts. the rs6 would do. infact for 350 sq ft, if youre putting in a sub then the rs1's would be fine. you can then spend on a better amp which will make quite a bit of difference

Your budget is quite decent for a very high quality active speaker system. Check out

Denon DN-A-7100 preamp processor decoder retail price USD 1099/-
Genelec main speaker 8020 retail unit price EUR 319/-
Genelec Subwoofer 7050 retail unit price EUR 784/-

What you should keep in mind for home theater is the bass management system in your surround decoder preamplifier plays out all the low frequency below 80Hz from all the main channels into the subwoofer. So what goes to the main speakers is only information above 80Hz. Hence choosing main speakers that play very low bass can wastefully increase the cost of your system and serve no useful purpose.

These Genelec active speakers are very compact and put out quite high spl for their size and with very low distortion. They also have a very controlled dispersion pattern which is especially suitable for home theatre where you have many loudspeaker sources in the same room. You could check them out at the Genelec demo room in Mahim Bombay.

Genelec Oy - Distributors

Last edited:
I drive the Dali Ikon 6 based HT package with a Denon 4306. An excellent combo in my experience for movies and music.

dali_ikon_6_large.jpg

http://dali-speakers.com/filer/Brochures/953017-0-0D_Brochure_IKON_UK_screen.pdf

avr4306dos_tg.jpg

http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR4306.pdf

You might find good deals on the above model but if you are looking at the very latest, by all means check them out.

Happy auditioning!

Hi,

I am planning to setup a home theater and have gone through several of the posts on this forum to get some info on the right setup. Unfortunately I am quite confused after spending a fair deal of time qoing through the posts so would appreciate some help.

I have a budget of anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 lacs with a room size of about 350 sqft. Would really appreciate if I could have some advice on the right setup, the price points for the individual components and the dealers in Mumbai.
I have so far auditioned MA SR8 and Jamo C 407.

Regards,
Ashutosh

hi , u cud chk out the JAMO CONCERT 809s ,but its higher on the budget

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back