Plex just fixed streaming's biggest problem, and it's free for everyone now

I am not sure if it is being rolled out in stages. I was able to find this feature and worked fine on my mobile even had Indian streaming services like eros etc. However, on the fire stick plex app couldn't find this feature today
Wow,
Wil try this today, no more searching movies on each app

I am not sure if it is being rolled out in stages. I was able to find this feature and worked fine on my mobile even had Indian streaming services like eros etc. However, on the fire stick plex app couldn't find this feature today
@msankadi and @amrutmhatre90 on the other hand, plex home screen is harassing me to enable this option every time i start it on tv :D

Exciting as it might sound, I'd suggest to all to keep your apps separate.
Wouldn't suggest linking of apps for any use case.
Regards

How is this service different from Justwatch?
Yes it is quite similar however I don't know if justwatch is present in android tv or apple tv. I use it on the web
Wouldn't suggest linking of apps for any use case.
Curious why? I don't think plex is nowhere big enough that it will eventually take over all other streaming services plus no other streaming service will be able to create such a product due to their internal rivalries

Yes it is quite similar however I don't know if justwatch is present in android tv or apple tv. I use it on the web

Curious why? I don't think plex is nowhere big enough that it will eventually take over all other streaming services plus no other streaming service will be able to create such a product due to their internal rivalries
Just an irrational discomfort with giving one app control over all logins :)

It is surprising to see how lazy we have become. We cannot search or look up an OTT to see what movies or TV shows are available. We cannot even press a few keys on a remote. Look what is done now.

1. You switch on the TV and the system automatically goes to Netflix/Amazon
2. You speak on Alexa or some such app.
3. For the laziest, Netflix has the option 'play something'.

Now we want an integrated app to overcome all these hassles. You think you want to see Die Hard today, Plex or some such app will hear you, switch your TV one, go to the correct OTT and start playing the movie. Is there a particular scene you like? Sure, I will show it to you 10 times! How about listening to your conversation, hear you speak about a movie or a TV show, and show that to you the minute you sit on your couch? Sensors under your backside. Oh, you thought about 'Bridge over Troubled Water'? No issues. You want the original Simon & Garfunkel version, or the more peppy modern version? Cant decide? I will play both. They will start selling headbands that can read your thoughts!

Yikes! The world of couch potatoes is only growing. I might even start growing ears like Spock, and just raise my hand with spread fingers to get what I want.

Back to books and a scratchy radio for me. I have to give some work to my hands and fingers. Other they will become stiff with laziness. I dont want them frozen in the V position. I wont even be able to scratch that itch in the wrong place.

Cheers

It is surprising to see how lazy we have become. We cannot search or look up an OTT to see what movies or TV shows are available. We cannot even press a few keys on a remote. Look what is done now.
Cheers
Yeah, the laziness story started ages ago, when lazy people instead of walking or carrying stuffs for some miles invented wheel for ease of doing. The laziness story continues till now, and some lazy fellows call it modernization :) . My foot, I still prefer my age old cave and stone weapons :)

The point is that there are close to 10 popular OTT channels. A discovery service helps in finding out which streaming service has the movie and lets you search across streaming channels.

It's a good feature to have one interface.
A different perspective: I have been using Kodi with other OTT add-ons for sometime now. I wanted to make it easy for my mom (who is 70 and not comfortable with gadgets. Made her use Smartphone and she is happily using WhatsApp and YouTube on that now.) to watch her favorite shows at her convenience. On Kodi favorites all the things she watches are linked and now she is able to watch her favorite shows with least effort.

Isn't Fire TV does this functional already. I suppose MI patch wall also does this. Searching a movie wit fire stick will give list of OTTs that movie is available to stream. Additionally search crawls to youtube, appstore and web search also.

Isn't Fire TV does this functional already. I suppose MI patch wall also does this. Searching a movie wit fire stick will give list of OTTs that movie is available to stream. Additionally search crawls to youtube, appstore and web search also.
No fire stick does it only for limited streaming apps and it is nowhere as flexible as this implementation imo

So to understand right we dont need to install any additional app but only integrate the OTT apps within Plex with creadentials provided?
If so then its really a boon for users like me with my TV & Xbox has support to Plex but not all OTT apps. Is there a walkthrough video available ?

Back