Pls Suggest Headphones for 2.5K

isaac12345

Hi all!

I would like to buy some headphones for a maximum budget of Rs2500. I dont want to use in ear earphones as they hurt because of an old injury.

I have tried the following on my iPod shuffle -

1) Sony MDR - ZX750 ap - Too much bass

2) Philips SHL3210 - Sounded too cheap

3) Sennheiser PX 80 - Blown away by the absolutely unexpected form factor's performance but sounds muffled

4) Sennheiser HD201 - Very very impressed considering the price point and my choice at the moment. Loved the focus on clarity than bass. It sounded much richer but seemed to lack just that tiiinyy bit of bass to really balance it out.

To give you a sense of the music I listen to, my test songs were the following -

Muse - Newborn
Muse - House of The Rising Sun
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
John Mayer - Gravity( live in Nokia theatre)
A Perfect Circle - The Outsider
Bhaag DK Bose
Porcupine Tree - Trains (Live)
Porcupine Tree - Halo (Live)
The Doors - LA Woman
The Doors - Riders on the Storm
A Perfect Circle - When the Levee Breaks
Nine Inch Nails - Ghost 2
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Pearl Jam - Black (Live)
The Doors - Five to One
Korn - Narcissitic Cannibal
Jeff Buckley - Kick Out The Jams(Live at Olympia)

I'll mostly be using these headphones for music, movies and gaming. My source will be my iPod Shuffle.

Thanks!

Hi all!

I would like to buy some headphones for a maximum budget of Rs2500. I dont want to use in ear earphones as they hurt because of an old injury.

I have tried the following on my iPod shuffle -

1) Sony MDR - ZX750 ap - Too much bass

2) Philips SHL3210 - Sounded too cheap

3) Sennheiser PX 80 - Blown away by the absolutely unexpected form factor's performance but sounds muffled

4) Sennheiser HD201 - Very very impressed considering the price point and my choice at the moment. Loved the focus on clarity than bass. It sounded much richer but seemed to lack just that tiiinyy bit of bass to really balance it out.

To give you a sense of the music I listen to, my test songs were the following -

Muse - Newborn
Muse - House of The Rising Sun
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
John Mayer - Gravity( live in Nokia theatre)
A Perfect Circle - The Outsider
Bhaag DK Bose
Porcupine Tree - Trains (Live)
Porcupine Tree - Halo (Live)
The Doors - LA Woman
The Doors - Riders on the Storm
A Perfect Circle - When the Levee Breaks
Nine Inch Nails - Ghost 2
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Pearl Jam - Black (Live)
The Doors - Five to One
Korn - Narcissitic Cannibal
Jeff Buckley - Kick Out The Jams(Live at Olympia)

I'll mostly be using these headphones for music, movies and gaming. My source will be my iPod Shuffle.

Thanks!
Try to buy these stuffs online on GOSF day and i bet you will get a lot of discounts. :) Its more of like Black Friday.

Hi

You can check out Senn HD203 as well.. I m using them with my S3 / Sony Walkman /PC sound card (SoundBlaster Z) . Pretty good for the price. Got them for 2.5K amazon .

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back