The Radius DDM/HP-TWF11R

oh yeah,this is one helluva gravy train allright :).cheers

@crn12,they are also highly tip dependent,so factor that in when tweaking.

dammit :mad:,just when i thought the M11 medium size-double flange tips were it,i tried their medium size-single flange and found that i get a teeny little better isolation and seal without sacrificing comfort.hmmm,looks like im gonna have to re-acquaint myself to the sound :p,..yet again!!

and now,on the J3 its a toss up between 'BBE' and 'BBE Headphone2'.jeez.black art this,heh.cheers

p.s: having listened to the Radius with the mentioned tip for a few hrs now,the soundstage isnt as wide as with the med-double flange,but feels more intimate.imaging as always is spectacular,and the bass has acquired a touch more body.the seal accounting for this,am sure.Supertramp-Live in Paris recording,mp3@320kbps,..surreal.the venue can be literally pictured(to me),and am picking out isolated whistles from random people in the crowd.WTF?!!think im goin nuts here ;)

Last edited:
Esantosh: Appreciate if you tell me the EQ settings which you are using on the S9 & let me know if this is ideal:

80Hz Wide 7
220Hz Nor -1
1.4KHz Narrow 5
3.0KHz Nor 8
11.0 kHz Wide 9

BBE 10
Mach3 Bass 6
3D surround: Off
MP Enhance: On
Stereo Enhance: 3
Reverb: Off

I just tried these settings. Were you saying that mids were recessed based on these settings?

If it was so, no wonder your mids are recessed. I felt like more like they got drowned in an ocean of bass. Tried Maestro? You may need a higher volume level for it, but going from your settings to Maestro, the vocalist seemed to emerge from behind a heavy waterfall. Of course, YMMV! ;)

Very rusty with changing EQ settings. So, here's what my "User 4" settings look at this point, though I'd still fiddle around with it some more and see how it goes...

80Hz Wide 1
500Hz Wide 2
1.4KHz Wide 3
3.0KHz Nor 0
11.7 kHz Wide 6

BBE 10
Mach3 Bass Off
3D surround: Off
MP Enhance: On

Stereo Enhance: Off
Reverb: Off

@rallynut,

Get used to it! Cowons are useless without their EQ :p.... and welcome to the "Tip rolling" club :)

Last edited:
@esantosh: Thanks, Yes these were the settings I was using all these days, I haven't yet tried the maestro setting, I would do it today & lets see the difference! My vol was up to 18 max on the above setting!

^ Actually, your settings were louder for me, so I reduced the volume from my usual 17-18 to 14. How differently each of us perceive sound? :)

You can also tweak your own setting except for the last band, because it brings out the harmonics better. Your first band setting would add so much of sub-bass and a bit of mid-bass, which is not required for something like DDM. The second band would have pushed the lower mids down and 'drowned' it since the bass is much higher in quantity. The upper mids would have been fine.

Am I correct in interpreting this? Don't know. Still at the very beginning of my 'education'. So, take it with a pinch of salt.

^ Nope I haven't had the time to tweak my S9 & listen to it as its been a couple of busy weeks for me...Let me see if there is anything I can do tmrw!

Gobble, got your DDMs yet?

Yet to visit the website and place the order.
I thought there was a mention of a new upgraded model coming out soon? Hence I decided to wait. Will do it sometime this month.

Cheers

grrr :mad:.cant believe i havent been able to listen to them for close to 2 weeks now!!!!oh well,...

egad :eek:!!!have them ue TF10 doing radio duty on my walk to work and back and,...still no radius as yet :mad:.lol.man,am i spoilt for choice :p.cheers

Doc,trust you to keep this thread active! So with a gun pointed at
you, what would you pick, ddm or tf10?

which is the iem with the best bass response so that it can used for electronica/trance?
i recently bought soundmagic pl-50 although the mids are very soothing and forward... perfect for vocal music but bass is not its forte.

@iaudio,heh,...yep,i do seem to obsessively bump my thread :p!!

i just managed to get my perfect fit with the Meelectronics M11+ med double flange tips and i must say,the TF10 is brilliant.very monitor like sound,beautiful.very tight bass(the DDM has far more quantity tho),very decent mids,and so much extension to the treble without ever letting it become obtrusive.an unbelievable sound stage.very nice indeed.

my vote would still be the DDM any time,cos that texture(in every nuance of the sonics),..is to die for :licklips:.

@esanthosh,ur absolutely spot on :lol:!!!!!

@audiodelic,for sure the DDM imho.the way it does psy trance is mindboggling.the sub bass,imaging,speed.excellent.a must try.but that fit "could' cause u issues.i personally feel that they suit indian auricle's far better than the ghastly descriptions.go for it!!esanthosh and me are proof ;).

wishing everyone a merry xmas and an even better new yr!!!cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back