The Radius DDM/HP-TWF11R

i sourced the Radius DDM's through Dimitri Trush of Musica Acoustics,Japan.Dimitri is a great person to deal with,extremely prompt in his replies to queries and such.i have always believed that the buying experience is half the pleasure in getting a product,and in that musica acoustics has not disappointed me.a smooth transaction,they were shipped on the same day of payment,and reached me well packaged.thanks again,Dimitri,it was a pleasure to do business through you.cheers

link to the official Radius site:
????????????radius

link to Musica Acoustics,Japan:
Welcome

its the first occasion since getting them radius ddm's that i havent listened to them.must say that they are being sorely missed as having sold my ipod nano/fiio e1 i have no alternative for travel use.ah true,but...am sure the arrival of the cowon j3 should give the hp-twf11r a worthy,if not better source :).cheers

^ I guess you'll be happier with J3-DDM combo. While Clip+ is able to drive the DDM at around 45% (or -26dB in my today's rock-boxed Clip+ ;)), I don't find the mids too much to my liking, sort of sluggish. But with S9, it seems to come alive.

^ I guess you'll be happier with J3-DDM combo. While Clip+ is able to drive the DDM at around 45% (or -26dB in my today's rock-boxed Clip+ ;)), I don't find the mids too much to my liking, sort of sluggish. But with S9, it seems to come alive.

cant wait to listen to the combination,santhosh :).at what level do u usually have the s9 on with the ddm's?cheers

Thanks I own the S9, & the DDM is shipped from Musica Acoustics, looking forward to their combination!

PS: Doc, just before shipping Dimitri got a new consignment of OEM's so i'm getting the new ones now..

Thanks I own the S9, & the DDM is shipped from Musica Acoustics, looking forward to their combination!

PS: Doc, just before shipping Dimitri got a new consignment of OEM's so i'm getting the new ones now..

which "new ones"???:mad:.LOL

oh yes,my j3 is at hand finally ;).will post some impressions asap.cheers

most people who have gone through this thread would have no doubt realised by now as to the "issues" one has to get around before getting around to the "DDM" sound.

if it means anything,these issues are at best niggling and trifle once u get in a listen.i truly believe(from my experience),that they are easy to get a decent fit with,but are very much tip dependent too.this combination isnt exactly a feather in an iem's camp,but once dealt with,the delivery of sonics with the Radius DDM tend to make you forget every issue that they ever had :eek:hyeah:.i,for one,havent had a fit/comfort problem yet and have posted that impression previously.strange(lucky me!).

and now that the j3 is doing source duty,..this is one lethal portable/travel setup i have here ;).then again,this is a biased opinion :p...

here's someone who hasnt really enjoyed the Radius hp-twf11r experience due to those very issues.a pity,really :indifferent14:.cheers

[Review] Radius HP-TWF11r Dual Driver Matrix (DDM) - Head-Fi.org Community

Last edited:
^ Since you have already done the "hand modeling", why not "ear modeling"? :p

Considering the 'horror stories' of fit with this IEM, I think you'd be doing service by uploading that photo. Of course, you can photoshop a bit if you are worried about ear modeling offers not coming your way ;)

yes santhosh,having started already,can see ur dying to get me going on my modelling career :p!!cheers

Just recieved my DDM's, it was packed pretty well. the first impression is these are powerful & bass driven IEM's compared to my Sen CX 300 II..listening to FEAR OF THE DARK by IM.

oh good :).congrats on a stonker of an iem!!!do let them get a minimum of 40hrs playtime before a critical listen.u got them in black/burgundy?cheers

Ah! finally, more people are getting DDM. Now, I don't have to break my head trying to tell people how good these are :)

crn12, do write your full impressions after sometime.

Certainly doc, I would post after some time, atleast i guess about 4 days minm,
'Hallow be thy name" sounds totally difft to what I was listening all this whle, i just cant believe that there can be so much of a diff! My source is Cowon S9, with Fiio E5 headphone Amps

As you all say let it burn in for the initial 40 Hrs & then I would post my impressions

Last edited:
'Hallow be thy name" sounds totally difft....

aha!!!and there it starts,....;).also,with some minimal amplification thrown in by way of the E5,...:licklips:.enjoy the experience.hope ur not having any fit issues,they are very seal/tip dependent,so take that into account.cheers

Last edited:
yes santhosh,having started already,can see ur dying to get me going on my modelling career :p!!cheers

If the photo on this thread, is how you wear them, your ear modeling career is already doomed :p

But, it's surprising that SoA found it "revealing", I find them more forgiving like rawrster.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back