plz help me in choosing speakers

karthi1000

hi friends
my system onkyo sr 606, ps3 ,denon dvd 1930 ,marantz cd 48
polk dsw pro 600 sub
i want forum help in choosing floorstanders
70% music 30%movies thanks bye

I really hate the day when SMS was introduced. I think is another few years, we will end up speaking in SMS language, and forget what English is as a language.

What a pity!!

Cheers

in that price range imo one of the best speakers is the monitor audio rs6. i saw somewhere else on this forum that someone bought them for 56k rupees. i own them myself and theyre amazing. cant fault them on any level. and i've compared them with quite others in that range - kefs, b&w, jbls, paradigm. you wont make a mistake going for them

in that price range imo one of the best speakers is the monitor audio rs6. i saw somewhere else on this forum that someone bought them for 56k rupees. i own them myself and theyre amazing. cant fault them on any level. and i've compared them with quite others in that range - kefs, b&w, jbls, paradigm. you wont make a mistake going for them

Heartily seconded! The RS6 is one of the most amazing speakers around at that price range. Also very good all-rounders capable of doing justice to rock, jazz, and classical alike.

thanks afj how about ms mezzo 6 if i can extend my budet?
mezz06 vs ma rs 6

Last edited:
thanks afj how about ms mezzo 6 if i can extend my budet?
mezz06 vs ma rs 6

IMHO don't bother. The MA RS6 is far superior to the Mezzo range. The budget Avant series from Mordaunt Short is excellent at the entry-level price point of 10-30k but in the 50k+ department, the Mezzos are outshined by the Monitor Audio Silver series, Quad L series, Totems, Dynaudio Audience series, etc.

But take care to pair the RS6 with a warm amp else it will get very bright. Marantz for example is a good choice.

Hey! Karthi since you already own the onkyo, IMO the RS6 would not be the best option.
You can take your amp & cd player to get an audition, You can be your best judge.

To get some more inputs from members you'll have to give info on your choice of music, the options available etc. To enable members to narrow down your options.

All the best.

havent heard the mezzos. but the rs6 are truly amazing. really refined, very good sound separation, tight bass, clear and forward mids, highs come in very clean. and from what you read, its the best in its price range - though im not the one that believes reviews too much

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back